• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Updates & Suggestions Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Can we keep the alert system from doing this?

JuKFs2v.png

thx

Hey guys. I remember a lot of people asking about a who has replied to x thread feature, like what vbulletin had, where you could click the number of replies and it'd show a breakdown of who's replied to the thread and how many posts they've made in it. This functionality has now been restored, so you can once again click on the number of replies to see a list of who's posted in a thread.

Dan

Hey guys. I remember a lot of people asking about a who has replied to x thread feature, like what vbulletin had, where you could click the number of replies and it'd show a breakdown of who's replied to the thread and how many posts they've made in it. This functionality has now been restored, so you can once again click on the number of replies to see a list of who's posted in a thread.

Fantastic of boy, I can now determine the percentage of a thread's worth again.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Can we keep the alert system from doing this?

JuKFs2v.png

thx
After all the alerts I received yesterday, I've realised that this alert issue is still happening. Just wanted to bring it up again as I think it's something that really should be fixed and I'm not sure how much attention Term's initial post on the matter received.

Not only does the "Alert" icon go to zero and stay highlighted, but more recently I am getting notifications of an alert, but when I roll over it to check, the alert won't be there until I refresh the page.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
After all the alerts I received yesterday, I've realised that this alert issue is still happening. Just wanted to bring it up again as I think it's something that really should be fixed and I'm not sure how much attention Term's initial post on the matter received.

Not only does the "Alert" icon go to zero and stay highlighted, but more recently I am getting notifications of an alert, but when I roll over it to check, the alert won't be there until I refresh the page.
It's potentially fixable but I'm not sure how it's extremely necessary. Why not just refresh the page?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
It's potentially fixable but I'm not sure how it's extremely necessary. Why not just refresh the page?

Because the alert system working properly is what I would consider basic forum functionality considering that's what it's supposed to do (work properly). Just like parsing certain emotes with colons so we didn't have to think about wrapping posts in [plain][/plain] tags, it's something that disrupts the overall experience of using the forum, and, if fixable, should be dealt with.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Because the alert system working properly is what I would consider basic forum functionality considering that's what it's supposed to do (work properly). Just like parsing certain emotes with colons so we didn't have to think about wrapping posts in [plain][/plain] tags, it's something that disrupts the overall experience of using the forum, and, if fixable, should be dealt with.
I think you're hugely exaggerating here but we have been looking into it. Unfortunately it's really a problem in Xenforos code and it's hard to find the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom