• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nah, real jobs actually ask normal people questions unlike the odd things they love to spring on you at something like a part time retail job interview. They are immensely easier.
Well, it's not like an actual job I'm interviewing for. It's an internship for the Human Services program at my school. 200 hours of internship. But hopefully this won't be too bad. I worked up my resume and got some advice from someone at the student services offices on campus and I'll be using that advice.

Djinn

and Tonic
Well, it's not like an actual job I'm interviewing for. It's an internship for the Human Services program at my school. 200 hours of internship. But hopefully this won't be too bad. I worked up my resume and got some advice from someone at the student services offices on campus and I'll be using that advice.
They still work out the same way, like an actual professional situation.

Retail hell is things like "What does the color orange mean you emotionally and can you like three separate occasions where the color orange made you feel overly stressful?"

Like I have absolutely no way to answer that and have it even remotely relevant to working as a cashier.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
They still work out the same way, like an actual professional situation.

Retail hell is things like "What does the color orange mean you emotionally and can you like three separate occasions where the color orange made you feel overly stressful?"

Like I have absolutely no way to answer that and have it even remotely relevant to working as a cashier.

this is actually a fairly good indicator that the employer is ****... or at least **** at hiring (which eventually become one in the same). successful companies integrate their corporate philosophy into the hiring process to screen for employees that will be compatible with that philosophy.

don't separate internships from jobs. they're one in the same. your compensation in the former is usually experience instead of money.

Sheik

:the:
Watching the ZD Marathon right now... Kind of regretting that I didn't watch much of it until now, considering there are only like two games left for them to play.

...There's always next year, I suppose? If I'm still active then.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Great. I got the d***hole driving instructor.

i feel sorry for the **** kids have to go through to get their driver's licence these days. i vastly prefer the old system of "take a test a fetus could pass for a permit. if you're still alive, come back in one year and you can have a licence"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom