• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Nuts

R

Red Moon

I used Deku Nuts early in OOT, but I never used them after getting the boomerang.

S

Sheik

The only time I've ever used them is in MM when stuck as a Deku Scrub.

ALTTP

Vaati wants you
I don't use them for practical purposes but as others have said I use them for fun. They remind me of little gunpowder snaps I used to play with as a kid.

Leix

Error
Actually, I found them more useless in MM than I did OoT. I relied heavily on bubbles and rarely used the nuts.
And they are quicker than the hookshot, because there's no penalty of having your hook go too far.

I think the only times I've ever used the Deku Nuts was by mistake. I have never really felt the need to use them, and mostly when I go to the Inventory Screen, I just skip over them, like they aren't even there. Barely ever think about them throughout the entire game.

T

Thewindmaker

as easy as it is to beat OOT without the use of Deku nuts, there are points in the game were they can be of alot of help.

on Queen Ghoma, and Jabu Jabu bellys boss, along with a few others are adult link, they can prove to be quite usefull. As well on some of the Half way bosses throughout the game.

I only ever used them on Gohma the first few times I played the game, then I realized how much easier the slingshot was (first zelda game I played - and I didn't realize most bosses in zelda games are vulnerable to that dungeons treasure)

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I think my first times through OoT I used it on Queen Ghoma but after that I pretty much just ignored them.

I did like bombing my enemies with them in Majora's Mask as Deku Link though.

N

NoNameC68

Well some enemies would run around in circles making it harder to attack them without them dodging or you just got tired of chasing them. The deku nuts came in handy when you just wanted to get the kills over with faster.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well honestly, I have never used the Deku Nuts. They seem to be the second most useless item. All they do is stun, and then when you hit the enemy, they unfreeze. I will never get why they included the Deku nut as an item.

octorok74

TETTAC
I always used the deku nuts for fun around Hyrule. I used them against Queen Gohma and I always use them to get away from tektites.

I don't generally use them much, but in my recent playthrough, I've been making an effort to use them (and some other items) more. I liked using them to stun Skulltulas for a while, before I got the bow and could just take them out in one hit.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I use the Deku Nuts every now and then. Sometime I use them on enemies just for fun, other times I'll use them on Wolfos, Stalfos, and a few others. It makes killing them go faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom