• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
I do not think I stated it was decided on the fly, and if I did, my mistake. I was suggesting that the warnings themselves just be more organized and be more obvious when they are given to a user, as a user may not remember they are given a warning, or not realize that are being given one. I'm also suggesting that there be a way to organize the warnings so that it is easier to know, as mods are only human and may forget things, or misremember things. I was suggesting then instead of mods just discussing everything everytime, that there is at least some set things, so that a user may be more aware of what is going on. While I think there may be a problem with the mods, I think more of the problem is the communication between the mods and the users, and that a user is not given a full explaination on their ban, because at the moment it's simply "You said this and then you were warned before about things that I don't remember."
This is another thing the site can learn from the Terraria Community Forums. Over there, people receive warnings, with a set amount of warning points, for bad behavior. Said warnings expire over time, and can be viewed via a popup on your profile. When the warnings points accumulate enough, you lose privileges, and even get banned. It's a simple process that makes organization SO much easier!

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Rather than being vague, examples of people not being infracted or inconsistent enforcement would be nice.

We also do have a clear set of rules which are updated regularly: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/dungeon-gaming-forum-rules.50340/

The problem with this is that the rules are not always enforced, and as such it seems that the rules are less then they are. See, in the rules it says no sexual conversation except in the MD. I have seen multiple times that there has been a lot of sexual discussion in the SB. I think the problem is less that the rules aren't okay, but more that the rules aren't enforced enough. I suggest maybe being more strict about sex in the SB, and giving warnings anytime it is discussed, instead of only sometimes? Also, the reason I can't give any good examples is that the archive is not very good, as I stated. However some I can think of at the moment:

Dan mentioning masturbation (Telling bea not to masturbate too hard before she goes to bed.)

Multiiple discussions about sex just by itself.

A lot of other things.

So please, I ask that the rules please just be enforced more, and that sex be not allowed at all anywhere but the MD, as it says in the rules.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This is another thing the site can learn from the Terraria Community Forums. Over there, people receive warnings, with a set amount of warning points, for bad behavior. Said warnings expire over time, and can be viewed via a popup on your profile. When the warnings points accumulate enough, you lose privileges, and even get banned. It's a simple process that makes organization SO much easier!

Funny, that seems somehow familiar...

Oh ya, probably because that's how it works here too. People don't get banned on whim, there are always justifications for them and previous offences are generally taken into consideration.

I'd suggest knowing what you're talking about before calling out the mods. Just saying.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

Once again you are doing something you shouldn't and that's comparing forums to be quite frank the TCF can do as they please, last time the ZD Forum has someone like that he ended up being a complete douche nozzle and people would rather not have another axle on the loose.

As it is this is just derailing a thread if you feel the need to gripe about something do it via PMs directly to the admin/mod you have an issue with because all this is, is saying "waaah i got in trouble give me sympathy"

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
Unfortunately when you've said pretty rude and disgusting things a few time to many then you become known for doing it, so people will incur harsher penalties for it, because it's obvious the person in question hasn't learnt. It's not out for a grudge nor being bias or any of that it's having to tailor the punishment for the individual because they don't give a damn about the rules and continuously flaunt them. Also stating that our mods should go off and learn from someone else and another forum is quite insulting you basically just said you don't think that are any good at their job. Stop comparing forums to one another every single forum is different.
I'd like to ask a single question, have you tried looking on both sides of the equation? Yes, what I may have said may be rude, but if it's for the better of the forums then it is a good thing to go for. What we all care for is the forums, and if it goes bad then we all lose a place to be happy to one another. Proper training for a mod makes said mod better at his job, and thus the place is made happier as you have a mod that is now more skilled, and thus able to do the job with utmost justification.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die

You see the thing is most people would take infractions , sb bans and previous bans as a warning. Thinking oh this got me banned last time I know let's do it again! Then whining when it has a consequence isnt the mods and admins being biased towards that user, it's that user not having any kind of common sense or maybe memory problems? I don't know I'm no expert but I believe genius comes in many forms. Flouting rules then getting banned and acting surprised? That's not one of them.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So i spoke to Repentence about an idea for the forums, where we have notices on the front page the "face" of the forums if you will i was wondering if we could highlight a random thread from time to time, for example going via rota by each section and picking a random thread to go up on notices, and possibly putting one of the fan works (at random) on the notices, i think it could give a bit of exposure to some threads people don't often see and some fan works which could deserve a chance to shine.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'd like to ask a single question, have you tried looking on both sides of the equation? Yes, what I may have said may be rude, but if it's for the better of the forums then it is a good thing to go for. What we all care for is the forums, and if it goes bad then we all lose a place to be happy to one another. Proper training for a mod makes said mod better at his job, and thus the place is made happier as you have a mod that is now more skilled, and thus able to do the job with utmost justification.

Lawl dude i wasn't referring to anything you said that's just the example.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

This is perhaps the best mod team ZD has ever had. They all care about the well being of others and they all know what they're doing, don't abuse their power, and take their job very seriously. If people get banned/warned/whatever, it's because of broken rules. People can't expect to break rules and get away with it.

Sure, maybe some people have said stuff in the sb that was ignored. Perhaps there were no mods around? In any case, you can't use what other people have done to justify what you do to get banned. If you break a rule, you break a rule, simple as that.

That's exactly what we have.

Blue Canary

You see the thing is most people would take infractions , sb bans and previous bans as a warning. Thinking oh this got me banned last time I know let's do it again! Then whining when it has a consequence isnt the mods and admins being biased towards that user, it's that user not having any kind of common sense or maybe memory problems? I don't know I'm no expert but I believe genius comes in many forms. Flouting rules then getting banned and acting surprised? That's not one of them.

There is no list of infractions. There is no list of warnings against the user. We're hardly ever told what we got banned for besides "this thing" and "You know what you did". I know what I said was wrong most of the time, but the problem is that other people have said things of that caliber and not gotten banned, so it's difficult to know why exactly you were banned even though you knew you deserved it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do agree that perhaps more structured communication/documentation would help in the future, and I will be discussing with the other staff a way to make use of the warning system we already have in place in a more efficient/effective way. We do appreciate the feedback and I hope we can come to a solution that is best for everyone on the forum, that's what we are here for.

Blue Canary

That's what we had before, and we do still have it. However, since the forum switch there is no longer a page that shows the user their warnings. Really, if anything I just want a warning page to be reemplemented so I can check it time to time to refresh my memory because I have a terrible memory.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
However, do people receive alerts when they receive warnings? If so, then I have no further words to say. If not, that feature would be greatly appreciated to help with knowing when you received a warning and for how many points.

There is no list of infractions. There is no list of warnings against the user. We're hardly ever told what we got banned for besides "this thing" and "You know what you did". I know what I said was wrong most of the time, but the problem is that other people have said things of that caliber and not gotten banned, so it's difficult to know why exactly you were banned even though you knew you deserved it.

Yes, there is. In every member's profile there is a list of infractions and ban history. The issue is the SB is a different system and thus not automatically logged like on the forums. As Jimmy mentioned we will try and start using the system for SB warnings as well to make it easier though.

However, do people receive alerts when they receive warnings? If so, then I have no further words to say. If not, that feature would be greatly appreciated to help with knowing when you received a warning and for how many points.

Yes it does. But also see above about the SB which is a different system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom