• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
"Sorry I don't love you anymore now how do I ask this person out that you were a bit jealous of?"

That was kind of my night last night in a nutshell. Getting very done with this whole life thing, hopefully it starts looking up soon.

Sounds a lot like most of my life

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
"Sorry I don't love you anymore now how do I ask this person out that you were a bit jealous of?"

That was kind of my night last night in a nutshell. Getting very done with this whole life thing, hopefully it starts looking up soon.

as it turns out, "staying friends" after you break up may cause them to actually treat you like a friend.

Curmudgeon

I personally always found that breaking all ties and then seeing if later on you could be friends again worked better than staying friends right after you break up.

yeah, i agree. as the one who was always dumped, i never found it healthy to maintain any kind of contact with my exes.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
yeah, i agree. as the one who was always dumped, i never found it healthy to maintain any kind of contact with my exes.

Sometimes it works out, though. Of my ex-girlfriends, I'm friends with two of them, and all but one I'm on at least cordial terms. The one, we do not speak because she told everyone I tried to sleep with her sister. So that wasn't cool. Or true. But it is never easy right afterwards unless it was mutual. One of them, we broke up bc I went to college, and we knew it wouldn't work out. She and I are still good friends today.

Curmudgeon

Sometimes it works out, though. Of my ex-girlfriends, I'm friends with two of them, and all but one I'm on at least cordial terms. The one, we do not speak because she told everyone I tried to sleep with her sister. So that wasn't cool. Or true. But it is never easy right afterwards unless it was mutual. One of them, we broke up bc I went to college, and we knew it wouldn't work out. She and I are still good friends today.

sure. you have to know yourself and the parameters of the ended relationship. there obviously isn't a one size fits all approach. no need to burn bridges if you don't have to. you never know when one of your exes will end up marrying one of your good friends (this happened to me).

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
sure. you have to know yourself and the parameters of the ended relationship. there obviously isn't a one size fits all approach. no need to burn bridges if you don't have to. you never know when one of your exes will end up marrying one of your good friends (this happened to me).

Really? Wow ... I can only picture that as awkward, even if you and she ended it friendly-like.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Yes. especially when you're asked to be *in* the wedding. thank god he picked our other friend as the best man. i may have gone full napalm on the reception toast.

Oh good God man ... I can't believe that! That's straight out of a horror movie or romantic comedy (which can be one and the same, by the way). Did he ever ask you if it was cool with you? I mean, not that you not being uncool with it would have stopped it if they were really into each other, but ... I'm pretty sure there's some unwritten, understood "law" that one must ask if that sort of thing is ok.

Curmudgeon

Oh good God man ... I can't believe that! That's straight out of a horror movie or romantic comedy (which can be one and the same, by the way).

all a matter of perspective, no?

Did he ever ask you if it was cool with you? I mean, not that you not being uncool with it would have stopped it if they were really into each other, but ... I'm pretty sure there's some unwritten, understood "law" that one must ask if that sort of thing is ok.

funny story, that (no really, it is actually sort of funny for people not me). it's a very real illustration of the butterfly effect on a micro level, with an extraordinarily complicated interaction of people and events from all corners of my life over the course of several years.

In the end, he did ask if it was cool - after they had all but started dating. i could have exercised my right to righteous indignation, but it would have only served to make more of a mess of things than already existed. In the end, you have to pick your battles. I had already won in a way - she was actually after my other friend, first which i threw a wrench into and she had to settle for the other guy. small, silent victories

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Wow everyone's exes stories be cray. I would share mine but I don't have any. Oh. Well my ex once made out with my friend in front of me, idk if that counts? at the time, we weren't really involved but it was soon after we were (we personified the "it's complicated" relationship status) and my friend was very very drunk. She cried for hours after because she felt so bad for letting it happen. I didn't stay mad at her. I forgave her but I guess I don't forget it, I know she doesn't. Anyway, at the time I just didn't feel anything. I was like oh look. He's kissing her. That's happening then. And then I just carried on like nothing had happened. This was really only the beginning in a long series of **** things I put up with from hin btw. This should have really been warning enough, haha.

Anyway. What I really came here to say.

I'm so stressed. I'm getting anxiety again. Today I had a panic attack because I couldn't find where to put something at work. That was it. I was standing in the men's section holding a jacket and bawling my eyes out. I need to calm down and relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom