• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'd rather not have all posts here be emote suggestions. It's a much better choice to PM Kit or myself about emote suggestions.

Jamie

Wasn't one of your main things when you wanted ACP that you said you'd code a new SB?
The thing is, if Xenforo plugins weren't as confusing as they are, I could extremely easily modify the current SB to make it suit our needs. However, Kit and I are still struggling with this. Given this, it would likely take me way longer to code an entire SB from scratch than to simply edit this one. That being said, aside from a better archive and the swear filter, the current SB works fine. I will work however on getting a suitable archive working because the current one is just awful.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I've seen birthdays for accounts that haven't been active since the account was made, so maybe delete stuff like that?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I think it's time to edit the code for the smilies that affect general words and grammar usage. I should be able to type a capital D followed by a colon or the word unusual without it parsing into an emote.

Eg:
unusual becomes unusual
ID: xxx-xxx-xxx becomes ID: xxx-xxx-xxx

At the very least, have them generated using colons like :;): to stop this affecting normal words. Of course this would only apply to the emotes that are generated using words/letters.

Jamie

I can see the argument for uwu and such but D: is a pretty common emote.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I can see the argument for uwu and such but D: is a pretty common emote.
True. I guess "D:" is not really a combination you run into very often outside of emotes and mafia games. It just happened to be something I noticed 'cause I don't (well, didn't) have that emote blocked. I was quite fond of the horror emote we had for that one on vB.

But I definitely think the others should be altered to avoid them parsing mid sentence.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Oh so what's the problem then?
Words like accumulate contain umu. Words like unusual contain unu. When used on the forum, the words are going to contain the emotes within them. I have a lot of emotes blocked so when I preview a post, I'm not going to see that the [plain] tag needs to be added anywhere. But others who don't, and guests in particular will see the emotes mid-word making them difficult to read.

I also don't want to be wrapping [plain] tags around an entire post in the event that I actually want to use an emote. But I don't want emotes hijacking my posts either when they are unintentionally triggered.

It's not an extra step we should be required to think about doing when replying to threads.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I noticed on the forum page where it says "Zelda Dungeon Forums" there's a lot of unused space to the right. Maybe we can get the name "Zelda Dungeon Forums" spiced up a bit design-wise? Or maybe have some of our artists draw up some designs to go to the right of it? Entirely cosmetic, but I think it would add personality to the web page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom