• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Progressing in Fallout 3?

I find the Dart Gun is good early on, but when you're a higher level (17 and above), it becomes rather useless. I always keep it handy for Deathclaws (though F3 Deathclaws are kind of easy), but it's useless against human enemies and Super Mutants.

If it instantly cripples, why is it useless against them?

Also another tip. If you want a really good companion early on, during the Galaxy News Radio quest, opposite the Museum of Technology is the Museum of History. In there is a ghoul named Charon, and if you do a small quest for his owner, you can get his contract.

I don't really use companions because I'd rather travel alone, but it's a must for newcomers.

What exactly do companions do? They just follow you around in the Wasteland and help against enemies?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If it instantly cripples, why is it useless against them?
Doesn't really affect the together enemies.

RedLink said:
What exactly do companions do? They just follow you around in the Wasteland and help against enemies?
Yeah. In Fallout 3 they're simplified, they just follow and help you kill. You can store items in them though I'd your own inventory is full. They can die though, so just be careful. In New Vegas they don't die, you can set tactics, each has their own special quest, they level up with you and they're more interactive.

Yeah. In Fallout 3 they're simplified, they just follow and help you kill. You can store items in them though I'd your own inventory is full. They can die though, so just be careful. In New Vegas they don't die, you can set tactics, each has their own special quest, they level up with you and they're more interactive.

Do they do anything if you steal from someone in their presence? And do they follow you into cities/buildings?

It's been a long while but if I remember correctly if your good karma is high enough later in the main quest you get Fawkes as a companion. Dude is unstoppable and awesome.

Looks like I'll never get him since my secondary source of income is stealing people's stuff xD.

octorok74

TETTAC
There is a puppies perk so I believe whenever Dogmeat dies you can get a new dog. Not sure if it's an infinite amount of replacements, but if you like using dogmeat then that perk would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom