• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the lakeside laboratory scientist a meth cook?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I was thinking about some of the many strange characters in Zelda OOT. They range from a bit nutty to bat **** insane Why is this? Well its not because of mental health issues in most cases, no I suspect drug abuse is to blame.
If many of Hyrules inhabitants are in fact substance users then that means there has to be someone manufacturing and supplying them. Who manufactures them, who is the villain behind it all. Well I have a good idea, it's the lakeside scientist. I suspect him because his appearance is that of a meth user, his wide staring eyes and terrible teeth indicate he is a regular user of this particular substance.
His position as a scientist, probably the only scientist around makes it likely he not only uses his own produce but supplies the whole of Hyrule with Meth and other drugs. I think of him of him as the Walter White of Hyrule.
What do you think about this? Is he Hyrules supplier, or is there another culprit?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Meth? I doubt it. However, in the 19th century things like cocaine were commonly used in medical practices so it's technically not that far fetched that he could be brewing up something else.

Reactions: Dio
The Hylian Monarchy is involved in an elaborate drug operation, using the lake side laboratory scientist to cook meth that they then sell to Gerudos for weapons, while claiming publicly that they will have nothing to do with them. Ever wonder why the Gerudo are so well armed despite being at odds with the powerful Hylian monarchy? :hum:

The evidence is all right there in front of you, you just have to be willing to see it. :zeldatheory:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Guys the reason the scientist lives by the lake is because it is Hyrule water supply (sourced from both Gerudo Valley and the ass crack and balls of the Zora King, he's there to test the water and make sure it is "safe" to drink.

I KNEW there was something in those potions and magic powders! j/k

Bad teeth-I'm pretty sure back in those days, they didn't have good oral hygiene and he is an old man.
Behavior-maybe he's a bit senile or just plain eccentric?
Wide staring eyes-doesn't see as well as he used to so he makes his eyes wider to see better?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I KNEW there was something in those potions and magic powders! j/k

Bad teeth-I'm pretty sure back in those days, they didn't have good oral hygiene and he is an old man.
Behavior-maybe he's a bit senile or just plain eccentric?
Wide staring eyes-doesn't see as well as he used to so he makes his eyes wider to see better?

He is a scientist who could no doubt make glasses for himself if he was visually imapired. Which is why I suspect his staring eyes are the result of drug use.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Guys the reason the scientist lives by the lake is because it is Hyrule water supply (sourced from both Gerudo Valley and the ass crack and balls of the Zora King, he's there to test the water and make sure it is "safe" to drink.

That is true and a possible reason why he is stationed there. Ganondorf, who is often seen as a tyrant actually froze Zoras domain bringing clean water to all during his reign.
His efforts were in vain unfortunately because by the time fresh water became available, everyone in Hyrule was a milkhead due to the fact clean water had been unavailable for so long. It was likely then that people refused or were unable to make the switch back to water due to milk addiction.

I have heard in some African countries milk is fermented. If this is true for Lon Lon milk it could be the alcohol the people are addicted to. Another theory of mine is that the Lakeside Laboratory scientist is in cahoots with Lon Lon ranch and cooks up his 'product' that is then mixed in with the milk.

Last edited:
That is true and a possible reason why he is stationed there. Ganondorf, who is often seen as a tyrant actually froze Zoras domain bringing clean water to all during his reign.
His efforts were in vain unfortunately because by the time fresh water became available, everyone in Hyrule was a milkhead due to the fact clean water had been unavailable for so long. It was likely then that people refused or were unable to make the switch back to water due to milk addiction.

I have heard in some African countries milk is fermented. If this is true for Lon Lon milk it could be the alcohol the people are addicted to. Another theory of mine is that the Lakeside Laboratory scientist is in cahoots with Lon Lon ranch and cooks up his 'product' that is then mixed in with the milk.

Fermented milk? Yuck!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was thinking about some of the many strange characters in Zelda OOT. They range from a bit nutty to bat **** insane Why is this? Well its not because of mental health issues in most cases, no I suspect drug abuse is to blame.
If many of Hyrules inhabitants are in fact substance users then that means there has to be someone manufacturing and supplying them. Who manufactures them, who is the villain behind it all. Well I have a good idea, it's the lakeside scientist. I suspect him because his appearance is that of a meth user, his wide staring eyes and terrible teeth indicate he is a regular user of this particular substance.
His position as a scientist, probably the only scientist around makes it likely he not only uses his own produce but supplies the whole of Hyrule with Meth and other drugs. I think of him of him as the Walter White of Hyrule.
What do you think about this? Is he Hyrules supplier, or is there another culprit?
We recently had a SB conversation similar, my theory is that the old hag in Kakariko village is brewing up drugs also. Potions are probably the most common form of drug abused in Hyrule - the old hag enhances potions to become a really hard and possibly easily addictive drug in potion form.

Other forms of drugs could be the following:
Fairy dust
Magic Beans
Forest Mushrooms
Whatever the lakeside labotory guy is cooking up

Drugs seem to be everywere in Hyrule. Heck G-King, you and @Shironagi and me even talked about the possibility of Koume and Kotake brewing up basalts and inhaling them! With drugs so easy to obtain I wouldn't be suprised if Link had his own addictions (he might be a Lon Lon milkaholic)?

Reactions: Dio

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Fairy dust
Magic Beans
Forest Mushrooms

Just look at the guy who gives you the magic beans in MM. He's eating them like he is dependent on it. That and he doesn't move from his spots ever that are hidden from the public. Magic Beans=Pills. He's a pill addict.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We recently had a SB conversation similar, my theory is that the old hag in Kakariko village is brewing up drugs also. Potions are probably the most common form of drug abused in Hyrule - the old hag enhances potions to become a really hard and possibly easily addictive drug in potion form.

Fairy dust
Magic Beans
Forest Mushrooms

Drugs seem to be everywere in Hyrule. Heck G-King, you and @Shironagi and me even talked about the possibility of Koume and Kotake brewing up basalts and inhaling them! With drugs so easy to obtain I wouldn't be suprised if Link had his own addictions (he might be a Lon Lon milkaholic)?

Yeah I think I mentioned somewhere above about how the milk in Hyrule could be fermented and that the inhabitants would have no choice but to drink it or else have to consume Zora butt water so addiction to the milk itself is possible.

I remember either Koume or Katake asking for you to go and fetch some magic mushrooms for them to make into a potion. I've always thought that sounded so shifty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom