• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Really happy about all the people who have posted in the new subforum :) I hope we can help some people who are struggling.

This is pretty hypocritical because wasn't there a thread concerning what everybody's depressed about, but it got locked months later? Why are you suddenly wanting to help others? I thought you and several others were fed up with it.

Sorry, but I just don't get this at all.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is pretty hypocritical because wasn't there a thread concerning what everybody's depressed about, but it got locked months later? Why are you suddenly wanting to help others? I thought you and several others were fed up with it.

A lot of people just used that thread to dump complaints about their day and not really use it to seek advice or help, and I think that's what people's problem with it was. This new subforum is all about seeking help, so it has a completely different objective than that thread had.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

First of all, it didn't get locked, it got merged. Secondly, I wasn't even staff at the time, or even present in the staff chat. Thirdly and more importantly, as Az summed up nicely, these are really apples and oranges.

Finally, I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like I never wanted to help people. I have regularly given people advice and I think that's a really unfair judgement.

A lot of people just used that thread to dump complaints about their day and not really use it to seek advice or help, and I think that's what people's problem with it was. This new subforum is all about seeking help, so it has a completely different objective than that thread had.

And the subforum's a terrible move, imo. I'm sorry, but it's the same deal as the old depressing thread. People dump their complaints over there and it will get locked afterwards. I'm not using the subforum. I'd rather solve my own problems than having people on a forum not helping me.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Snow day, all yeah.

And the subforum's a terrible move, imo. I'm sorry, but it's the same deal as the old depressing thread. People dump their complaints over there and it will get locked afterwards. I'm not using the subforum. I'd rather solve my own problems than having people on a forum not helping me.

I think the difference is that the subforum is specifically about seeking help, and is more about larger problems. Like, that thread was really just "What's something bad that happened today that you will probably forget about?", but the subforum is more for people who feel like they are at a dead end in their life, and need advice long-term. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I interpret it.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I am currently thinking about the different aesthetics of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) when used with italics and so on.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The last one is by far the most terrifying.
Colossal_Titan_anime.png

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm sorry that you see it that way. A lot of people actually have taken advantage of the subforum and to be honest I feel like some people have already gotten some helpful advice. I'm not sure if you even read the forum at all.

I'm sorry that you see it that way. A lot of people actually have taken advantage of the subforum and to be honest I feel like some people have already gotten some helpful advice. I'm not sure if you even read the forum at all.

I did read through it all. I just choose to not post in it because even if I post my problems on here, everybody will ignore it. It's like I'm a speck of dust that nobody notices while the much bigger pile of dust gets noticed instead. I'm sorry, but that's how everybody sees me around here except for one person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom