• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
[1:15:35 PM] DARK MASTER ۩͇̿V͇̿I͇̿P͇̿۩: Do you think it'd be possible to have a "show partially" or "show entirely" or "do not show at all" button which would save your preference for each user. You could also go in your own options and disable them all entirely or make them default to “do not show at all”.

See, I remember a lot of people didn't like my purple text, which of course I disagreed with, but in my opinion this is far more annoying, but if we have deep customization options for everyone it wouldn't be an issue.

I spoke to Repentance about this earlier but felt it was necessary to share it with the community to get input.

I'm not against this idea, just cautious.

Other ideas:

I'm not sure what ZD's ability in webdesign is, but personally I have a very powerful computer at the moment. I think it'd be wise to create three major themes, a relatively light basic theme for standard PC's, a fancy theme with impressive graphics (they might need to be good at Java for that), and a mobile theme. This would serve different needs for different people satisfying everyone.

We should list our ideas so the forum staff can make note.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
On this page, when rolling over the tabs Everyone, Members, Guests and Robots using the Blue theme, the highlight is green instead of blue like it is on other tabs. Just thought I'd let you know.

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Would it be possible to implement a hide signature option? Sometimes peoples signatures can get too big, or on a slow connection images can take a while to load, causing the entire page to take longer to load.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Is it possible to stop BB Code from parsing while editing a thread? I don't mean stopping it from displaying in the post, but when I click to edit a post I've made, all BB Code is still parsed in the editor, like in a Word document.

Kybyrian

Is it possible to stop BB Code from parsing while editing a thread? I don't mean stopping it from displaying in the post, but when I click to edit a post I've made, all BB Code is still parsed in the editor, like in a Word document.

Go to the preferences settings for your profile at this page: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/account/preferences

Uncheck "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages"

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I hate to do this to the mods again, but every single forum that has its own forum specific rules is going to need to have the link to the main forum rules updated so that it links to the correct page. Sorry guys.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There are lots of things that need to be done, mostly small things. I'm sure they'll all be corrected soon. We've just moved and there's bound to be little bits here and there that either need adding or correcting.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
custom username colours
No.
Would it be possible to implement a hide signature option? Sometimes peoples signatures can get too big, or on a slow connection images can take a while to load, causing the entire page to take longer to load.
Yes.
Is there a way to show the actual alert content in the pop-up?
Not sure, will look into this.
I hate to do this to the mods again, but every single forum that has its own forum specific rules is going to need to have the link to the main forum rules updated so that it links to the correct page. Sorry guys.
Yeah, disappointed that links don't transfer properly.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
It seems that it's impossible to reply to threads using a 3DS, there seems to be an issue with the text boxes not being compatible with the keyboard software of the system's browser application. Not really sure if there's much that can be done with it, but just thought it was worth mentioning to see if anybody else was having this issue.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Something Stitch mentioned in this post: Perhaps the title of the thread "What Did You Last View On YouTube" should be changed now that we can embed more than just YouTube videos onto the forum.

Something like "What Was The Last Video You Viewed" seems pretty generic enough to me.

Kybyrian

There are lots of things that need to be done, mostly small things. I'm sure they'll all be corrected soon. We've just moved and there's bound to be little bits here and there that either need adding or correcting.

The thing is getting someone to do it... lol. It would take literally a couple minutes to correct most of those things, and all that needs to be done is someone with moderator powers has to click edit and paste over a few links. We've been switched for a week, and I guarantee not everyone capable of making these changes is busy working on other forum projects from the switch.

I updated the rules links in Forum Games, Fan Works, and the Mature Discussion. I could not yet update the link in Zelda Theory because the OP is over 10,000 characters in length and that is currently prohibited. As far as I'm aware, I don't have permission to change that. Since JC brought it up earlier in the forum staff chat, I believe it will be handled promptly.

Something Stitch mentioned in this post: Perhaps the title of the thread "What Did You Last View On YouTube" should be changed now that we can embed more than just YouTube videos onto the forum.

Something like "What Was The Last Video You Viewed" seems pretty generic enough to me.

Good idea. I updated the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom