• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend Of Zelda - Majoras Mask

N

No_Comment

Hey, I´m new on this forum and I have a question I wanted to ask you guys. You see, I just ordered MM for my old N64. Is this game hard? I have heard that it´s a short game (but I have also heard that there is a lot of extra stuff)

So the question is: Is this game hard to complete? I do know that there is a walktrough on this site, but I don´t want to look up the walktrough all the time.

Yes, it's pretty hard. If you've played OoT, well the dungeons in MM are a loto_O harder, even though there are only 4 of them. And yes, there are a ton of side-quests. It's a good game, and if you're a zelda fan, then it's a must-buy.

N

No_Comment

Okay, the dungeons are hard but when I said "hard" I meant: Is it a complicated game? Is it hard to use that back-in-time thing? Is it hard to find your way through the game?

Chidori

Mongrel
The "Back in time" thing is simple, the fact that you're limited because of it is pretty choppy though. The game is still amazing and always will be better than Ocarina of Time (IMO).

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
It is definitely worth a play through, and it's a decent challenge. Getting 100% completion will take several hours(for me, 40+ hours, or more).

It's a shorter game in the sense that it has less dungeons, but it has way more sidequests and with the "3 day" time warp thing it will give you quite a lot and you won't be left wanting.

My only comlaint is that it makes you feel rushed.
I dont get zelda to be rushed, i get them to relax with

N

No_Comment

The "Back in time" thing is simple, the fact that you're limited because of it is pretty choppy though. The game is still amazing and always will be better than Ocarina of Time (IMO).

Sounds goood, and thanks for all the comments, I´m looking forward to play this.

Yeah, slowing down time takes a lot of the rushed feeling away. And to answer your question No_comment, the overworld traveling isn't very complicated, but going trough the dungeons is very confusing in some parts. Just thinking about the great bay temple makes me start feeling like I don't have enough time.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
You know, if you play the Song of Time backwards it slows down time... right?

Yeah, slowing down time takes a lot of the rushed feeling away. And to answer your question No_comment, the overworld traveling isn't very complicated, but going trough the dungeons is very confusing in some parts. Just thinking about the great bay temple makes me start feeling like I don't have enough time.

Going from 72 minutes to complete a sequence to 144 minutes is definitely helpful in almost any situation.

The Great Bay temple was tough to do because of the time limit, I remember that I got the item from there(I think it was the hookshot) and then I saved at the Owl, and then warped back in time, and then I lost the item and I had to start all over.

Typically getting the item is the half-way point for a Zelda dungeon, but when you screw up your save file and you have to do it again and again, it can be obnoxious.

Thus I say... be sure to save properly, everytime. The best save is when you warp back in time and start at dawn of the first day. You may loose your rupees and ammo, but you don't loose any other items and it doesn't screw up on you.

N

No_Comment

So you can´t just save? Only when you go back in time?

Well, if you go to owl statues and then slash them with your sword, you can do a one-time-save thing, where when you start up again you'll be at the owl statue. That doesn't save it for good though, the only way to do that is to go back in time.

Leix

Error
See the thing about dungeons is, you have to slow down time, get whatever new item is in that dungeon (say, fire arrows), and then travel back in time and start the dungeon over. The owl statues are a one time save deal, but once they open up their wings you have a new teleport spot, and you can use the song of soaring to get back to the dungeon. And now that you have the fire arrows you can complete the dungeon much faster, because all of the frozen shortcut doors can be shot.

Traveling in time isn't difficult, but it can get on your nerves having to walk past that deku salesman or talking to the guards every time you go back in time.
But the masks make the game tons of fun. Finding every last mask, getting the Deity mask, helping Kafei and Anju, bla bla bla.
It IS weird though, when you talk to kafei and you both have the same masks.
There's just so much to do. If you reach the item point in a dungeon, then you can take a break and do something else. Help someone with a sidequest, fill up your Bomber notebook.

Well, I'm sure you probably already have the game No_comment, but you don't have to go back in time to finish a dungeon after you get the item. I made it through all of the temples in the time limit without going back in time except for the Stone tower temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom