• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Was There an Area in a Game That Made You Quit Playing?

Djinn

and Tonic
Basically when you are playing a game for a while but then you reach a certain temple or maybe a boss or a sequence that you just cannot beat to the point of causing you to just put the controller down and stop trying. Have you ever encountered this in the Zelda series?

For me the search for triforce shards in WW is sooo dull and boring that I just lose all interest in the game completely sometimes. A couple times now I just quit playing and did not really go back until a year or so later when I just started over again.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
MM: getting into snowhead. was too young and dumb to use the lens of truth

AoL: where you have to talk to that one NPC (Bagu I think?) that's hidden in a random forest square that you'd never even think to look for. I mean there isn't even anything telling you that you should be looking for someone, let alone any hints about where to look.

Sheik

:the:
The Silent Realm trials in Skyward Sword made me quit playing for a while. They spooked me too hard :(

Also, in Oracle of Seasons, I never figured out how to get to the last dungeon in Subrosia, even after hours of looking for a way to get there. That made me quit.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Collecting the sols in Twilight Princess freaked me out beyond belief. It was the first time I had to deal with a stressful situation in games. The music plus seeing the hand's shadow really terrified me to the point that I needed to just put it down for about a week or so.

I quit playing OoT for a pretty long time because I couldn't figure out you had to cut the spider web Inside the Deku Tree to reach the basement floors. :embarrassed: I was only three so cut me some slack.

Other than that, I've been stumped after beating the Midoro Palace in The Adventure of Link for too long,

Honestly, no. I'm very tenacious. When a part seems very difficult to me I can't stop until I've beaten it. I don't care how many times I have to retry or retrace, I keep it up. However, if something proves extraordinarily frustrating, I'll usually turn the game off for a few minutes to let myself cool off a bit. Sometimes that's enough to let me think clearly about the problem. That's one of the reasons I enjoy Zelda games so much: they reward that level of tenacity.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I quit playing OoT for a while when I couldn't beat the Shadow Temple. It was too confusing and I didn't progress for about a month so I quit for about a year xD

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Death Mountain in AoL.

^Very much this. Also, my first time going through The Great Palace and The Valley of Death in AoL was not my idea of fun.

And in the very first LoZ, Death Mountain was also a real pain. Too many darknuts and wizzrobes. I still get a bit lost going through that dungeon.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Have you ever played MGS: Revengence on Revengence difficulty? I couldn't even get past the intro stage.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Collecting the sols in Twilight Princess freaked me out beyond belief. It was the first time I had to deal with a stressful situation in games. The music plus seeing the hand's shadow really terrified me to the point that I needed to just put it down for about a week or so.

That's funny, my little brother had the same experience with the sols.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom