• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You know what, for once I'm going to take a back seat to this one. I'm not nearly artistically intelligent enough to possibly comment on this.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
There were a couple similar ideas proposed, a lot centering around clans, but also an idea to make ranks like WS et al badges instead of full ranks. Regardless I really think this shouldn't be rushed and there should be a thread getting input for new banners.

I see. This is just my personal opinion but i feel this kinda out of place by mixing ranks with banners and badges and not to mention color as well. It just feels unnecessarily complex. I would prefer either full banners or full badges in that case.

I mean i still see the potential that these badges can work out as clans. But frankly i have not been following the current events with the clan discussion, so i can't really say what the staff is willing to do with this idea.

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I see. This is just my personal opinion but i feel this kinda feels out of place by mixing ranks with banners and badges and not to mention color as well. It just feels unnecessarily complex. I would prefer either full banners or full badges in that case.
I kind of agree. They look awkward together. We couldn't see it until we tested it out just now, but... yeah. they look very conflicting and it is rather jarring.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
And this is what I get for trying. Forgot my graphics were always bad in Kit's opinion. Do them your damn selves if you think they're so ugly.

Come now, Terminus. I do appreciate the effort. I mean this is a perfect prototype to judge things. Trial and error is never in vain.

But don't you agree with me it would be a little more fair that more people could submit their designs? Its also the perfect chance to have a design contest.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't see how the concept is conflicting or confusing. Most forums only have the Admin and Mod rank visible. The badges below indicate other parts of the forum, but not forum staff positions. In a way, it differentiates the two while simultaneously solving the "clutter" problem.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Erase every rank. Anarchy reigns! /sarcasm

Really though, these DO take up a lot less space. A maximum of two rows (three at most) versus up to 5 or 6 badges on top of one another.

Djinn

and Tonic
I still think that due to the fact that there are several different types of forum volunteer I still think there should be a forum staff banner that includes designations for Event Staff, Competition leader, Article Editor, Shop Manager. Then if people want a site staff one for wiki/article writer/news staff/writer/webmaster.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I don't see how the concept is conflicting or confusing. Most forums only have the Admin and Mod rank visible. The badges below indicate other parts of the forum, but not forum staff positions. In a way, it differentiates the two while simultaneously solving the "clutter" problem.

Like i said, its just a personal opinion. I see this unnecessary complexity increasing clutter rather then reducing it.

When we talk about forums in general, sure Admin and Mods have their rank visible. But commonly by color. Not all forums use banners or badges. Neither did ZD in the past. I mean the banner idea started by Dabombster to clarify the color of the rank, they were tied. But later more banners came without a username rankcolor, then customize your own username and now we are at the point of making some ranks into badges mixed with banners. This is exactly what i see as clutter.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I still think that due to the fact that there are several different types of forum volunteer I still think there should be a forum staff banner that includes designations for Event Staff, Competition leader, Article Editor, Shop Manager. Then if people want a site staff one for wiki/article writer/news staff/writer/webmaster.

We could have different usergroups that use the same bade. The only difference would be the tooltip(s) that appeared. Just a thought.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
We could have different usergroups that use the same bade. The only difference would be the tooltip(s) that appeared. Just a thought.
That just seems lazy. If we run a thread for badge submissions, there's no reason why we can't get good ones for everything. We've got plenty of artists around here that could take a crack at it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't understand why people are complaining that this was done quickly. The discussion was started in early summer. We asked for designs nearly a month ago. Discussion isn't even over; we just implemented these to see concretely what they look like so we can form more informed opinions and ideas (e.g. Matt changing his mind a few posts up).

I say we continue this in the appropriate thread

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
How about an option to change your answers on a poll? I mean, some of us are fickle and have ever changing opinions and what not. "What is your favorite Zelda game" kind of threads would benefit from this especially, since not only can new options be added, but you can change your answer to the newest released Zelda if you need to. Do you see what I mean?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
How about an option to change your answers on a poll? I mean, some of us are fickle and have ever changing opinions and what not. "What is your favorite Zelda game" kind of threads would benefit from this especially, since not only can new options be added, but you can change your answer to the newest released Zelda if you need to. Do you see what I mean?

Remind me to remove the font and size tags in the future..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom