• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

Alright since even the creator of the other Adventure Mode thread has stated they don't think this would be redundant, here we go!

I want this to be a thread to be used for two purposes: asking for help with a specific area or mission type, and leaving good tips (specific or general) for others to utilize. Please be clear and concise, using appropriate spelling and grammar. Also, please do not argue with or detract from other posters.

I'll go ahead and start with one of each.

TIP!: Manhandla

Manhandla is very weak to fire attacks, or so I've found. If you're facing him on any adventure mode levels and you have someone with fire attacks, you'll notice his weak point gauge deplete rapidly. Some attacks I have found to be immensely helpful against it are:

Darunia- Darunia has two really good ones here. The first is his 3 or 4 hit combo, he pounds the hammer down and creates a wide blast wave of flames in a forward cone. The second is his 5 hit combo, where he stamps his foot and then throws an enormous hulking boulder.

Sheik- As Manhandla is falling down, quickly hit x-x-y to call down a flaming rock. Then just before the gauge comes up, hit the strong attack button to play the Bolero of Fire, including Manhandla in the blast. Start attacking, and when the blast from your strong attack kicks in, chances are it will be enough to break the gauge in one combo.

Impa- Generally, this tactic actually seems to work very well against all the Huge Bosses. As they are falling, use the Naginata to conjure a wall of flame right on them. You can even do this multiple times. Then just start railing on them, as your wall of flame provides extra damage during your attack. It hurts Manhandla quite a bit, but also works amazingly well against the Imprisoned, both against his gauge and against his toes.

HELP!: Kill Enemies Fast Enough

If anyone has advice for some of the levels that say "kill X enemies in 10 minutes" I'd love to hear it. Some of my best characters have little to no trouble, but many others either just aren't good enough at mobs or the levels are just too dern big (Sealed Grounds, I'm lookin' at you!). Does anyone know any ways to make more enemies appear, or make them appear more often? I can't tell if defeating enemy commanders or Bosses makes more enemies spawn. Anyone have more solid data? In particular my trouble level is Girahim on the Sealed Grounds.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If anyone has advice for some of the levels that say "kill X enemies in 10 minutes" I'd love to hear it. Some of my best characters have little to no trouble, but many others either just aren't good enough at mobs or the levels are just too dern big (Sealed Grounds, I'm lookin' at you!). Does anyone know any ways to make more enemies appear, or make them appear more often? I can't tell if defeating enemy commanders or Bosses makes more enemies spawn. Anyone have more solid data? In particular my trouble level is Girahim on the Sealed Grounds.
You definitely want to defeat the enemy commanders, since if you don't it powers up the mobs. You also get valuable materials! I don't think that or killing bosses makes them spawn faster though.

You definitely want to defeat the enemy commanders, since if you don't it powers up the mobs. You also get valuable materials! I don't think that or killing bosses makes them spawn faster though.

Then I must just need to level up those characters a ton, because as of right now killing them takes too long. Especially when two Gohmas show up.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
There's one that's really killing me. I need to kill 700 enemies with Ruto in 10 minutes and get an A rank for a heart container. Problem is, I need to deal with not one, but two Manhandlas. The map makes it very hard to avoid them and killing them takes forever because Ruto sucks and Manhandla loooves to waste time. Currently my Ruto is level 40.

There's one that's really killing me. I need to kill 700 enemies with Ruto in 10 minutes and get an A rank for a heart container. Problem is, I need to deal with not one, but two Manhandlas. The map makes it very hard to avoid them and killing them takes forever because Ruto sucks and Manhandla loooves to waste time. Currently my Ruto is level 40.

Hmm. I haven't had that much trouble with Ruto and my level is far below that. Do you have the Gold Scale? Do you have her tidal wave combo? I believe it's 5 weak attacks and a strong attack to make it, big tidal wave thing. That's a great one for mobs.

Manhandla is usually pretty easy to avoid. What map does this one take place on?

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Hmm. I haven't had that much trouble with Ruto and my level is far below that. Do you have the Gold Scale? Do you have her tidal wave combo? I believe it's 5 weak attacks and a strong attack to make it, big tidal wave thing. That's a great one for mobs.

Manhandla is usually pretty easy to avoid. What map does this one take place on?

It's in the Eldin Caves.

To answer the question. The main thing I can say is tidal wave the crap out of any horde you see. The horde at the beginning has over 100 enemies, and the captains bring a nice horde with them. If you can, while taking out those hordes, try to lure Manhandla around the battlefield and jump down, while keeping your kills going.

So, here's my mission, I am on the royalty quiz. It's easy enough to figure out what to do. Beat Zant. Beat Impa. Beat Zelda. The problem is, the jerks with them won't let me get any good hits without boomeranging them. I also use any item powerups I find. Boomerang the other guy, attack the one I need to. But, their health is just ridiculous. I guess it's because I only have the regular Princess Parasol, and a 5 star Luna Parasol. So, any tips on how to do this stupid mission with these weak weapons, or a good way to farm a strong Princess Parasol for Agitha? That would be lovely. The weapon I'm using already has Stars+ on it, but I always get stupid 3 star Luna Parasols instead of a kickass Princess Parasol.

DarkestLink

The problem I was having was with the captains. Ruto sucks at killing them and it takes forever, giving Manhandla plenty of time to catch up to me and keep me from fighting the characters.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
The problem I was having was with the captains. Ruto sucks at killing them and it takes forever, giving Manhandla plenty of time to catch up to me and keep me from fighting the characters.

Yeah, it took me 5 or 6 tries to beat that one. Really, you just have to keep at it, and have a strong weapon. I did it with a 5 star Golden Scale because I didn't have a good Water Dragon Scale. Really, that's all I can say, unless you have someone who can play fire to take down the Manhandlas for you, and actually probably would do well against the captains on that stage.

P.S. Finally got a 5 star Princess Parasol for Agitha. I might be able to do this one now.

BLEGH, they're still taking crap damage. But, I almost got it. 10 seconds too slow. I'll get this one. No more help needed.

FINALLY got it. Kind of kept Ganondorf stunned while I beat up Zant, and did a similar thing with Impa and Agitha, taking any chance I could to hit weak points.
Then I did the same with Zelda and Darunia, except I exploited Zelda's weak point gauge with specials, since it instantly takes their gauge to 0.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
STARS

These are so very important people

Rank 1
0 Stars 80
1 Star 88
2 Stars 96
3 Stars 104
4 Stars 112
5 Stars 120
Rank 2
0 Stars 150
1 Star 165
2 Stars 180
3 Stars 195
4 Stars 210
5 Stars 225
Rank 3
0 Stars 280
1 Star 308
2 Stars 336
3 Stars 364
4 Stars 392
5 Stars 420

SKILLS

Right then ladies and gents time for some Skill explaining done by me so expect so meandering Coz I'm like a river.

Right bad jokes aside Skills are not as important as the Star ratings if you happen to get a 8 slot glittering rapier it's no use if the Stars are low. The skills from the start are somewhat useless and useful at the same time they are well Generic, we have the elemental enhancements, the enhancements to each X attack and then the more useful increase on Stars, Weapons Hearts, Rupees, Experience, Rare Materials and Slots

If you managed to get an 8 slot weapon and it has no locked skills on it then you really want to get: Experience and Rare Materials onto it. Followed by Stars, Weapons, Rupees and Slots.

Quick Break down of each generic skill:

Experience: Gives a boost to EXP earned from each kill.
Rare Material: Will make it easier to get the ever elusive Gold ranked items.
Stars: Very handy to get that 5 slot, use it with the Star potion.
Weapons: Will allow you to find more weapons.
Rupees: More of those ever important rupees.
Slots: More slots on the next found weapon.
Hearts: If you have difficulty this is for you. MOAR HEARTS.
Enhancement to X attack: This gives more power to the X Combo such as XXXY
Enhancement to Element: This will give a boost to your element type ALL weapons have this.

Then we come to the Locked Weapons these are more fiddly than anything really
you must slay the certain number of foes for it to unlock. Say you get a 1000 kill Skill. This is easily reached in most levels, but you must also finish the level or it will not count.

1000 Kills

Healing
Super Gauge
Power ups to items (boomerang, hookshot ETC)

The healing one is kinda useful but the others are more Meh.

2000 Kills

These provide damage against specific enemies, there are 10 combination and it covers all the playables characters (Generally by Game of Origin, so groups of 3)
the boss' (large, small and NPC type) and the Officer enemies. Can be useful in some situations when you know your going to be fighting a specific foe. More situational than anything.

3000 Kills

There are seven of them and they are all pretty suckish they exchange something for something.

Do more damage when low of life.
Not able to guard but do more damage.
Healing items do bare minimum but you do more damage.
(this includes all healing items such as potions and full heal items doing a quarter of a heart, (unsure if this means hearts on the field is likely.))
Number of Allied Bases increases attack power.
Damage taken increase but no longer staggered by attacks
Increases damage take but damage is recovered over time
% chance of enemy infantry dying in one hit

Some of this are useful in certain scenarios, if like me you don't guard much try and aim for that one.

And finally the 25,000 kills skills. This cannot be unlocked if you get one for Ruto BUT wait don't just trash it save it. This can be unlocked under these circumstances.

Obtain Master Sword (it too has 25,000 on it)
Complete Adventure Map and lay claim to all the bronze and golden weapons if you don't have the characters get them as well)
Once you have them all the Master Sword will start counting kill.
Pick maps you know you can upwards of 1500 or 2000 kills on.
Once the Master Sword is empowered the other weapons will start counting kills on the 25,000 kill skills.

Beating the giant bosses is all about knowing their attack patterns and dodge them all. Actually constantly dodging/circle strafing the giant bosses is a good idea. Just do that and when the boss's weak point opens up, hit it with your item then go to town on ti with your weapon. Repeat the process a few times and all done. The hard part is it is so RNG waiting to for enemies weak points to appear.

Yeah, especially with some specific bosses. Gohma in particular. I've found that trying to stay at a bit of a distance from Gohma will make her fire her beam more often, but YRMV.

Darkest Link, back to your issue. I'm not sure what weapons you have to work with but I've found that a lot of Ruto's combos don't actually have a huge amount of hitting power. One thing you may want to do is look for skills that increase your lower combos. Her w-s and her w-w-s are actually fairly good for attacking single opponents. If you can power them up with weapon skills then that might help. Also her Strong Attack is potent, especially if you've got the Nayru's Love badges. Negating that knockback will help you get those shots off. Also, while we're talking about badges, have you been neglecting them? I'd focus on the ones that diminish the weak point gauge faster.

Lastly, use attacks that inflict the Water status effect, and having weapons that increase its duration help. The damage isn't much by itself but a single stab of it can take from 1/5 to 1/4 of the weak point gauge away if they happen to be suffering from Water while it's up (and again, using weapons with Water+ will help here as that increases its duration, therefor increasing the likelihood of it catching the weak point gauge).

Maikeru, you raise an interesting point earlier about those "kill only this one dude" battles, so I'd like to leave this general tip.

Bombs.

Ok, more specifically, if you're having trouble singling out an opponent, run a decent distance away, enough that they'll have to pursue you. When they start to get closer, throw your bombs and the relatively stupid AI will just walk right into the explosions and be thrown skyward. While not doing much damage, even if both opponents were next to each other, they tend to be thrown in different directions. This should be all the opportunity you need to rail on the one that needs it.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
And finally the 25,000 kills skills. This cannot be unlocked if you get one for Ruto BUT wait don't just trash it save it. This can be unlocked under these circumstances.

Obtain Master Sword (it too has 25,000 on it)
Complete Adventure Map and lay claim to all the bronze and golden weapons if you don't have the characters get them as well)
Once you have them all the Master Sword will start counting kill.
Pick maps you know you can upwards of 1500 or 2000 kills on.
Once the Master Sword is empowered the other weapons will start counting kills on the 25,000 kill skills.
Are you sure you need ALL the weapons, or just Link's?

I had an idea. Not sure how good it'll work but what do you all think about it.

If you're on your own start a 2 player co-op game. Make sure play 2 has some 420 beast of a weapon. Then just put player 1 somewhere as fast as you can so player 1 does not die then go and win with player 2.
I am going to try this, but I fear player 1 will just die too fast. And you'll have to keep running back to save him too much. But it's worth a try.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Positive it is all. Go to the Smithy and check the description.

Quick Tip:

Help those network Links maybe a harder battle but the rewards are greater. I got a 5star 6 slot magical staff. 420 damage isn't half bad you know.

DarkestLink

Yeah, I'll probably try again when I can get better weapons. Also, is anyone good with Agitha? I've recently been trying her, but the only move that seems to be worth a darn is her butterfly and that isn't exactly helpful with crowds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom