• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Who Was Your First Companion in Zelda?

Sheik

:the:
Navi. Couldn't give less of a **** about her. It wasn't because she was annoying or interruptive, or whatever other bad things there were about her, but it's because there was just nothing about her to like. She could have been an actual character like Tatl or Midna with motives and things like that, but she was nothing. She was a plank of wood who shouted bad advice. The only good things that I can say about her are basically what she wasn't instead of what she was, like "Well at least she wasn't as talkative as Fi...". Btw, did you guys see in that English Hyrule Warriors voice-acting cutscene where the narrator pronounced Fi like "Fai"? Like, wtf, who even says "Fai"? Kidding. Off-topic tho.

Navi. Couldn't give less of a **** about her. It wasn't because she was annoying or interruptive, or whatever other bad things there were about her, but it's because there was just nothing about her to like. She could have been an actual character like Tatl or Midna with motives and things like that, but she was nothing. She was a plank of wood who shouted bad advice. The only good things that I can say about her are basically what she wasn't instead of what she was, like "Well at least she wasn't as talkative as Fi...". Btw, did you guys see in that English Hyrule Warriors voice-acting cutscene where the narrator pronounced Fi like "Fai"? Like, wtf, who even says "Fai"? Kidding. Off-topic tho.

I pronounce it Fee but Fai makes sense too like-
"Fe Fi Fo Fum I smell the blood of an Englishman"

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The good ol King of Red Lions (though it would seem he doesn't really rule over any red lions). He was my first companion and to this day is my favorite. Unlike most modern Zelda (WW is considered modern, right), he doesn't exist to help with hints or the like, although he doesn't leave you out to on your own. If you don't figure a puzzle after a long period of time, he will jump into help a little.

I am also a fan of how he gets you to help. Unlike some companions, he doesn't tell you that by helping him you can rescue whoever was kidnapped (its LoZ, somebody was kidnapped). But he helps you rescue the kidnapped person and then asks to finish what you already started. Thats just being a good bro right there.

And I may have just gone off topic a bit, ranting about why I freakin love KoRL.

((His name is Daphnes Nohannsen Hyrule III! :daphnes: Is that not the coolest name of all time!)

Beeker

Wild Card
I guess it'd be Navi actually... though at the time she didn't really stick out to me a ton. Probably because I didn't get far in OoT the first time. xD;;

D

Deleted member 14134

Navi was the first. Lets just say she made me feel like a real man.
not+a+real+man+unless+you+got+a+fairy.jpg

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I always hated companions in the Zelda series when I was a kid. I don't think it was REAL hatred, but I always made fun of them and called them stupid and annoying because I thought it was the cool thing to do. The King of Red Lions was my first companion, and my sister and I, being the eight and ten year olds we were, called him The King of Red Idiots. (That almost sounds racist, looking back...)

But yeah, I hated him. Always yelled at him to stop talking. Ciela was my second companion, and I think I hated her even more. And then there was Midna. I thought she was annoying and mean too, even though everyone seems to love her. I didn't get to play with Navi until I was a lot older, so ironically, I think she's the one I hated the least.

Although I'm getting even more off-topic, I DO want to agree with the OP about Ezlo. His dialogue is the most varied and entertaining of all of the companions in the series. You could just sit there and listen to what he had to say for quite a while if you wanted. He's even better than Midna, in my opinion, whose dialogue is almost always story-driven.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My first campanion was Navi and I thote she was a good campanion. Because she is interruptive but with good information. She doesn't spell out the beans for the player but she is intrusuve.

Bronzwiggle

Average Zelda fan
Mine was Fi (better late then never right?) I personaly dont find as annoying as a lot of people say she is.

Mine was Fi (better late then never right?) I personaly dont find as annoying as a lot of people say she is.

thats probably because she was your first companion. but really, did i really need to tell you that you were low on health when you have a beeping sound to remind you. I felt she could've served a better purpose. Like Ezlo in Minish Cap or . but she didn't really bring much. She's just another Navi who only gives more information. I get she's suppose to be the spirit in the sword, but to me, she wasn't the best companion we could have.

Navi.

And I have to say, yes, she was annoying at times. But when it came time to fight Ganon and she yelled "This time, we fight together!" I must admit that I got a little choked up.

thats probably because she was your first companion. but really, did i really need to tell you that you were low on health when you have a beeping sound to remind you. I felt she could've served a better purpose. Like Ezlo in Minish Cap or . but she didn't really bring much. She's just another Navi who only gives more information. I get she's suppose to be the spirit in the sword, but to me, she wasn't the best companion we could have.

I didn't understand why they made her talk like a robot, especially when even the ancient robots were full of cheek and personality.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
:sahasrahla: <- If you count Sahasrahla from A Link to the Past, it would be him. He didn't follow Link around, but he would offer helpful advice telepathically. If not, then it would be Navi. :fairy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom