• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Who else Likes Toon Link More Than Adult Link?

The problem is that what exactly do you look for in Link at all is better than the other?

personally...i hate...detest...and despise the toon links, they are everything i "DONT" look for in a link. but to each their own. but what exactly can you say that can make one "better" than the other?

Keep in mind 2 child links have been featured that weren't "Toon Links", one in the original Legend of Zelda and the other in Ocarina of Time. The "Adult" links have mostly been late teens than anything else.

i dont have a problem with which one is their personal favorite. so long as they know its their own personal preference. but the problem happens when people start to say which one is "better".

Salem

SICK
Keep in mind 2 child links have been featured that weren't "Toon Links", one in the original Legend of Zelda and the other in Ocarina of Time. The "Adult" links have mostly been late teens than anything else.
No, The SNES and GB Link is also a child Link, so there's 3 of them.

No, The SNES and GB Link is also a child Link, so there's 3 of them.

A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Oracle of Ages/Seasons had mostly a teenager, his sprite was just smaller. In A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening you can see that. Unfortunately the Oracle games had a different artist due to being made by Capcom which is the one and only time where you see an inconsistent style for the same link.

Salem

SICK
A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Oracle of Ages/Seasons had mostly a teenager, his sprite was just smaller. In A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening you can see that. Unfortunately the Oracle games had a different artist due to being made by Capcom which is the one and only time where you see an inconsistent style for the same link.
Actually, Miyamoto once said that he IS a child, not only that, he sounds the same as child link from Oot on the GBA remake, so yeah, it'a a child Link.

i dont have a problem with which one is their personal favorite. so long as they know its their own personal preference. but the problem happens when people start to say which one is "better".

Why is it a problem to you? I only made this thread because I feel alone in thinking that I like Toon Link more than the other Links. People like you make me not want to like him anymore since he's the most hated.

Ganondork

goo
Why is it a problem to you? I only made this thread because I feel alone in thinking that I like Toon Link more than the other Links. People like you make me not want to like him anymore since he's the most hated.

He has a problem with it because something like this is subjective. You liking Toon Link is fine, which he actually said, as evidenced here:

Octorokstar said:
i dont have a problem with which one is their personal favorite. so long as they know its their own personal preference

He explicitly said he takes issue with when people act like Toon Link being the best is objective.

He has a problem with it because something like this is subjective. You liking Toon Link is fine, which he actually said, as evidenced here:

He explicitly said he takes issue with when people act like Toon Link being the best is objective.

He needs to deal with it. In fact, all of you need to deal with it. It's my own personal opinion, but as usual, you people have a problem with any of my opinions. It's no wonder I'm not as active here anymore. All of you have a problem with me because I like Toon Link more than others. I'm considered a threat to you guys.....

Ganondork

goo
No one has a problem with you liking Toon Link, and that's the point. Your preference is subjective. He takes issue with people treating it as objective, which to my knowledge you don't do. So there is nothing to, "Deal with."

He needs to deal with it. In fact, all of you need to deal with it. It's my own personal opinion, but as usual, you people have a problem with any of my opinions. It's no wonder I'm not as active here anymore. All of you have a problem with me because I like Toon Link more than others. I'm considered a threat to you guys.....

Do you not see the problem here? Octorokstar said he doesn't care for when people say Toon Link is objectively the best. People are fine with you liking Toon Link, even thinking he's the best, as long as you don't assert that he is objectively the best. You reply to this by saying he needs to "deal with [your opinion]", when he already said he's fine with you having that opinion. I think Cain is right, it doesn't sound like you're reading what people are saying.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
/inb4 I get nitpicked more because of the title

I certainly can't be the only person that actually prefers Toon Link over the more popular Adult Link because of how cute he is. I know he gets tons of hate, but I can't help loving him so much. Adult Link's okay, but he's not as cute as Toon Link, but again, he's more well-liked than the little guy. I hope I'm not alone in this.

I don't ever recall hearing hate towards Toon Link, but I do personally prefer Adult Link. You seem to be basing your reason for liking him on aesthetics, and not providing any additional reasoning for liking him. For me, although I do find Adult Link aesthetically pleasing, I enjoy playing the game via his perspective. The world through Toon Link's eyes is very child-like, whereas the world through Adult Link's eyes is more mature (i.e. TP and OoT).

As a side note, I'm not here to attack nor criticize your opinion, I just wish there was more reason to it other than "he's cute".

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You know, I've long since been a massive Toon Link fan and have often stated Wind Waker to be the best Zelda game, and I don't think anyone holds it against me (or you, for that matter). No one treats you or anybody differently because you like a certain version of Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom