• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I'm surprised some of my recent threads have five stars. Guess I can post quality threads.

Sadly, getting five stars on a thread is a poor indicator of 'quality'. If anything, it means someone either really liked you as a member and/or really liked your thread and gave it five stars. Though if it matters any, I think your threads are good.

I was just going to post something in here until I realized there's a thread that better suits my thoughts.

Thanks for ruining the mood for me. I'm never gonna be good enough on here. -___-

What? Come on. Good enough for what and for WHO? All I'm saying is, you shouldn't worry about the amount of stars you get on a thread. There's rarely a correlation between how great your threads are and the number of stars said threads have earned. You seem to think that I and a few others on here are 'so special', but you know what? My threads suck. Like, I have at least three decent threads out of, like, fifty or so. No amount of 'great threads' made me anymore special than anyone else, and others will tell you the same thing.

You're a grown women, you shouldn't let petty things like this get to you. Your posts are good on their own merits. You're, like, one of the better posters on here.

What? Come on. Good enough for what and for WHO? All I'm saying is, you shouldn't worry about the amount of stars you get on a thread. There's rarely a correlation between how great your threads are and the number of stars said threads have earned. You seem to think that I and a few others on here are 'so special', but you know what? My threads suck. Like, I have at least three decent threads out of, like, fifty or so. No amount of 'great threads' made me anymore special than anyone else, and others will tell you the same thing.

You're a grown women, you shouldn't let petty things like this get to you. Your posts are good on their own merits. You're, like, one of the better posters on here.

No, they're not. You're right that the threads I've made are garbage. I should stop making threads altogether & not post here all that often. At least nobody treats me like this at the other forum I go to.

My threads are terrible, got it?

No, they're not. You're right that the threads I've made are garbage. I should stop making threads altogether & not post here all that often. At least nobody treats me like this at the other forum I go to.

Treat you like what? For one, I NEVER said that your threads are bad; any logical, educated person can tell you that. All I was saying is, that you shouldn't let stars be the number one indicator of how good or bad your posts are. If you become too reliant upon that, you're only going to be disappointed when your future otherwise-good threads receive fewer than five stars. Two, it's never a good idea to put words in other people's mouths and falsely incriminate them. People are reading what you type, you know? Heck, for all you know, I could be one of the members that gave some of your posts a five-star rating, since that's the only thing that matters to you. That's one of the main issues with this forum and others like it, though; it's as if everyone's out to ruin each others' lives (reputation) and forum experience altogether. However, if you think that your posts are that bad and stars are the only thing that makes you feel adequate on here, then there's nothing more that I or anyone else can say. After all, your opinion is what matters the most, so I'll just leave it at that.

I feel like I'm being overly nice and "doting" on you, so if my telling you that I think your threads are good isn't enough, then that's too bad, because I don't feel like anyone deserves more attention than anyone else. Everyone deserves a nudge every now and then, but no one deserves it more than anyone else.

I think we need to use VMs sometime.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

Wolf Sage really didn't say anything reminiscent of this. He only said that stars are not an indicator for quality.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Then what does indicate quality? What do the stars even mean?

That's a tough question. I think what is/isn't a quality post is subjective to each person who reads it. Generally speaking, though, I think your posts have been pretty good. Try to not get too hung up on arbitrary qualifiers like rating or reply count. I remember Batman posted a fantastic post on extraterrestrials a while back and it was pretty much just me and him in there. Sometimes great threads don't get very many responses.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Heroine don't stress too much about making something "quality". Yes quality is important, but this is an internet forum. No one's gonna look at your thread and go "ah hmmm yes indeed quite this is eloquently written and elegantly organized hmmm yes i'll rate this 5 stars due to its immense quality." If anything, people will go "oh cool thread i'll give a response," and then boom you're done. Besides, the only time I've ever seen someone use stars is on blogs, and people only do that when a blog is either so stupid its funny, or when it's an actual meaningful blog post.

Aced my English assessment, but it's being put into the grade book as a classwork grade. NOT a test grade. Dafuq????? I'm a little anxious about my math test, because I didn't hear my teacher exactly when I ran out of time. I think he asked me if I was finished the front, which I wasn't but I said yes because I thought he asked if I wasn't finished. It was only one problem on the front, so I'm not too concerned I guess. I've got about 20-25 minutes on Monday to finish my last page. I really want an A, but is it a bad thing to aim for a B? I'm a little nervous to aim for a B, because I kind of got put on the spot today for knowing more than the standard two places of Pi (3.14). :embarrassed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom