• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Lost Respect for Nintendo

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
The planned Smash Bros. DLC is a rumor. From what I've read, Sakurai has said there is not planned DLC.

As for Mario Kart 8, aside from the battle mode, it was the full package I've come to expect from past games in the series. I see the DLC as a good thing since it provides more content than usual.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, let's scorn Nintendo for creating extra content AFTER having already released a game so that a game's longevity can be increased. Let's HATE the fact that we're being given 16 new courses created from scratch, 6 new characters, and 8 new karts, none of which were made during the development of the main game. How DARE Nintendo give us more to love while also making more money in the process, furthering our mutual relationship with them. Clearly Nintendo is the scum of the Earth and should cease to exist. Let's also list a proven-fake rumor of DLC for Smash, especially when Sakurai already said back at E3 2013 that he had no plans for DLC during the development cycle of the main game (meaning that if there's any in the future, it was made after release -- just like with MK8).

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

Yes, let's scorn Nintendo for creating extra content AFTER having already released a game so that a game's longevity can be increased. Let's HATE the fact that we're being given 16 new courses created from scratch, 6 new characters, and 8 new karts, none of which were made during the development of the main game. How DARE Nintendo give us more to love while also making more money in the process, furthering our mutual relationship with them. Clearly Nintendo is the scum of the Earth and should cease to exist. Let's also list a proven-fake rumor of DLC for Smash, especially when Sakurai already said back at E3 2013 that he had no plans for DLC during the development cycle of the main game (meaning that if there's any in the future, it was made after release -- just like with MK8).

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

JJ my friend, why wasn't this content made and released as part of the original game? Remember when you could pay for a game and get the full package? I hardly do now that one of the last great companies has resorted to these practices. Thank you for your time in responding to my post.
This isn't day one DLC or locked content so cool your jets, kid.

No, but soon it will be, the point of this post is to say that soon they will reach this point. Please try to read and understand my post before commenting. If you cannot manage this I suggest you go on a different thread that uses smaller words and maybe pictures to help you understand. Also I am not a young goat so please try to refrain from calling me kid. Thank you for your time.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've never used DLC, myself. But, meh... if they do it, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm annoyed they cut off online play for Brawl and the online services on Wii to try to bother me into getting a Wii U, which I do not feel the need to get. Paying rent and having groceries are a little more important right now, plus I'd probably save such money a PS4.... Yes, scream "traitor" at me. My primary gaming platform right now is my 3DS.

Companies, including videogame companies that have painted our childhoods in wonderful bright colors that we become loyal to, still have a their chief allegiance to the Almighty Dollar and the Almighty Yen. I pretty much expect Nintendo to do whatever it takes/whatever other companies do to make profit. From what I hear, microtransactions for little cell-phone games and other little "scam you out of a few bucks" things are very lucrative.

We live in a greedy world. That's the way it goes. Kill your heroes.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think you're being a bit too hard on Ninty. The MK8 DLC is more than fair, plus it's just bonus content. It's fairly priced also, especially in comparison to other DLCs. They aren't really cheating us out of anything, and the DLC offers plenty of content for your money.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nintendo is so bad with this kind of thing, it's disgusting. I bet Zelda Wii U will have the ending cut off and we're going to have to pay for it, and probably $6.99 per dungeon, and we'll have to pay $0.99 just to get Link's hat in the huge Hyrule Microtransaction store where you can buy extra colours for 49 cents each. Disgusting.

D

Deleted member 14134

Nintendo is so bad with this kind of thing, it's disgusting. I bet Zelda Wii U will have the ending cut off and we're going to have to pay for it, and probably $6.99 per dungeon, and we'll have to pay $0.99 just to get Link's hat in the huge Hyrule Microtransaction store where you can buy extra colours for 49 cents each. Disgusting.

Thank you merc, this is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Nintendo is going down a dark road that will lead to events like this in the near future. You sir/madame (everyone lies about their gender, never can be sure) deserve a medal.

Last edited by a moderator:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
There's a difference between holding out parts of the game in order to cash in and creating additional content after its release. Mario Kart 8 is a really good, not to mention complete experience all around. It was well worth the money, and I'm really happy that they are actually expanding on the game and will happily buy it once it's available.

キラ

Yo!
It has come to my attention that Nintendo has released Mario Kart dlc for the wii U. I thought Nintendo was above these scamming business practices that involves selling a game in several small parts to milk as much money from their customers as they can. I'm seriously upset over this, I always loved Nintendo but now they're in the same league as EA in my books. I haven't purchased a wii U yet, and this is definitely the deciding factor. I will not continue to support Nintendo unless their business practices change and I hope you will withdraw all support from them as well.

Oh and on another note I have heard about planned smash bros dlc. Disappointing that Nintendo knows they're not selling the full game in one package and already planning more content when there is still time to put it in the final product. Before long they will be resorting to microtransactions and day one dlc. Couldn't be more disappointed in my favorite childhood company.

Lol okay, your loss.

I hope you know, Bok Choy, that she's being sarcastic...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It has come to my attention that Nintendo has released Mario Kart dlc for the wii U. I thought Nintendo was above these scamming business practices that involves selling a game in several small parts to milk as much money from their customers as they can.

I'll definitely argue in your favor over Mario Kart DLC. MK8 felt like it was completely dry of content (hint: it was). For what the game was touted as, it only lasted me three hours. Lame *** game if you ask me. But Smash Bros? I know the game is loaded with content. We're talking over 42 playable characters, tons of stages, and a couple of different game modes for the 3DS and Wii U. If that ain't content then I don't know what. At that point, DLC is justified. Paid DLC, that is.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
This isn't the first time Nintendo's done DLC but...as much as I hate DLC, I give them a pass.

1) Super Luigi U was huge and the main game wasn't any smaller than I would have expected.

2) Mario Kart 8 has some decent sized DLC and likewise the main game isn't anything smaller than I have come to expect.

If I start seeing small main games come out that look incomplete before the release of DLC, then I will be ticked off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom