• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Happy Mask Salesmen?

T

tingle-rocks

Why doesn't the happy mask salesmen remember you?

I always thought that he lost a bit of his memory when skull kid hit him on the head.

linkman8

True and Noble
You mean he doesn't remember you in MM from when you see him in OOT. I'm not entirely clear on this fact, perhaps it's another mystery as to Termina's existence?

P

Powerbracelet

It seems to me, though, that in the ending just before the credits, he hints that he knows you aren't from termina, which tells me he didn't forget anything and that he just chose not to make a big deal about the meeting.

I think that he remembers you, but he doesn't want you to know that for some reason. Either that, or through the inter-dimensional portal he lost some of his memory. Then again, maybe there's a Termina happy mask salesman and a hyrule happy mask salesman, and the Hyrule one is still selling his masks in his shop during the events of MM.

A

Arkwright

I believe that the forest that brought Link and the Skull Kid together in Termina was a portal to an alternate world. At the end of MM, the Skull Kid smells Link and tells Link that he smells like the kid who taught him 'that song' in the woods. If you recall, in OOT you teach one of the Skull Kids Saria's Song in OOT's Lost Woods.

I think that destiny brought the Mask Salesman, Link, and the Skull Kid together... They are the same people from OOT, but they got into the other world because they were all wandering through the forest that pitted them in Termina.

The reason the Mask Salesman doesn't directly mention to Link that he remembers him from Hyrule was because of the kind of mysterious personality he has. And I'm sure Link didn't say anything either because, well, we all know he doesn't talk too much :p

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I say that he shoud say"Well hello Link.Would you mine selling me some masks?" And he also doesn't really say that he forggot him. But if you did remmber Link what I said before is what he would probly say.

J

Joey Kazooie

Do you remember a customer that came into your store one day?

K

Karashimu

Do you remember a customer that came into your store one day?

After all the mask's Link traded back and forth through his shop, I don't think he would be considered your "average customer".

So, I'm sure he should have remembered Link specifically, especially since people wearing Kokiri clothing are so rare out in places other than the forest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

Hrm... Now that I think of it, that is weird.

As Karashimu mentioned, you traded around masks back and forth for the Happy Mask Salesman in Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask takes place after Ocarina of Time.

Weird that he doesn't remember you.

It seems to me, though, that in the ending just before the credits, he hints that he knows you aren't from termina, which tells me he didn't forget anything and that he just chose not to make a big deal about the meeting.

I would have to agree. Link probably did trade more masks through him than anyone, maybe, but I don't think he made a huge deal about meeting Link because to him, Link wasn't really anything special. The Mask Salesman was gone long before Link really done the major portion of his "being a hero" in OoT, so he probably didn't respond to their meeting again like someone who knew him as a hero would have.

K

Karashimu

I would have to agree. Link probably did trade more masks through him than anyone, maybe, but I don't think he made a huge deal about meeting Link because to him, Link wasn't really anything special. The Mask Salesman was gone long before Link really done the major portion of his "being a hero" in OoT, so he probably didn't respond to their meeting again like someone who knew him as a hero would have.

I'd have to disagree.

Perhaps the reason the Mask Salesman chose Link to retrieve his lost Majora's Mask was based upon his skill in mask trading as shown previously in Ocarina of Time. If my theory is true, then it's quite clear that our hero made quite an impression on him, seeing as he's the one whom managed to trade all of the masks.

Nonetheless, that's just speculation so it's up for debate. Makes sense in my mind either way. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom