• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OK, so I just got a chance to read through the stuff that happened after the "lynch scene", and I'm inclined to believe Celeboy's claim. I think it would be good for him to get protected tonight.

I'm happy to lynch Mellow instead. He was my other suspicion. Given the hypothetical scenario that Celeboy is Vig (assuming no one counter claims) then we can still make the night pretty successful.

Can I ask why you're suspicious of me? You've said you are several times, but have never explained why. If it's because of inactivity, I can understand why, but that's not my fault. On top of managing my own game, dealing with work, and just being really busy IRL in general, I have had next to no time to follow this game. The only reason I haven't asked for a replacement is because Jamie's had to get so many already.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok Mellow I'll explain.

First off I get that you can make an excuse for inactivity, but why not get replaced? There has been numerous times where you just pop in and say something along the lines of "I know I haven't been that active" or "my inactivity made me miss something important". Though even with inactivity, you haven't really went out your way. A lot of the time you analyse and critique specific situations without making a decision. Here's posts which outline this behaviour:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&page=39&p=896182#post896182
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&page=43&p=896854#post896854
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&page=48&p=897510#post897510
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&page=49&p=897543#post897543

Though you seemed to all of a sudden become active and have knowledge of the game during my pursuit of Poka and me suggesting the Vig taking out Kirino. Your posts here aren't overall scummy, but you seem to try and change my plan. here you defend Kirby (that's fine); however you go onto say that the Cop shouldn't investigate Kirino and instead investigate Kirby. You also tell the Vig to go for "whoever". To me this seems like you're stopping Kirino from being investigated (remember the GF wasn't investigation proof) or killed.

You continue your sudden surge of knowledge with this post[/quote] creating a hypothetical scenario where me and Poka are scum buds. You also suggest another target for the Cop - that's twice now, you must really not want Kirino to get investigated.

[url=http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49620&page=62&p=898619#post898619]Here
you come back with the inactivity thing again and fail to make a decision - this was when me and Poka claimed, which was a pretty important moment in the game and a turning point.

---

Mellow I understand that there may be reasons, but your inactivity seems like one big coincidence to me. It's like you're intentionally hiding in the background and popping in after something has happened and then justifying why you missed it. Either way, like GDL pointed out, we lynch one of the 5 and me and the Vig take out two more leaving two. You're a victim of process by elimination, I just happen to find you the most scummy out of the 5.

Unvote

Vote: Mellow Ezlo

Oh and Celeboy, we need to prove you're the Vig, so who are you going to take out?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Yeah, I'm with Octo. I'm pretty sure it can be both. In that case, your evidence against Mellow would be actually helping the thought of him being Town, as why would a mafia member NOT try to get the Cop to investigate their GF?

Also, thanks for reminding me Octo :(

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Anyways, I'm not fully convinced that Mellow is scum. Your evidence isn't as convincing as what you had for Celeboy, and even then you appear to have been wrong, JC.

As for the whole idea regarding the 5 players that were mentioned, I disagree with the plan. Simply because we're basing our entire strategy on who JC thinks is Town; not the best strategy in the world. I've still got my eye on Octo, and yet he isn't one of the five. Simply put, we shouldn't operate based on the thoughts of the SK.

We have less than 4 hours left. I'd personally still like to lynch JC, but if no one agrees than I'd like to hear other options, please. Particularly from Pendio, Heroine of Time and Thareous.

EBWODP

a bit more than 4 hours. Not less.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Fair enough; however take this quote into consideration:

In games with multiple killers, instead of appearing innocent on Cop reports, the Godfather may be Bulletproof instead; they will appear guilty on Cop reports as normal, but cannot be killed at Night. (This has also been called Mafia Tough Guy.)
Given we have multiple killers, I think this is what Kirino was. So I still think my reasoning against Mellow is valid.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Fair enough; however take this quote into consideration:

Given we have multiple killers, I think this is what Kirino was. So I still think my reasoning against Mellow is valid.

True, but you forgot to mention the line directly underneath that one:

Some games offer Godfathers both investigation- and kill-immunity simultaneously.

At this point we can't be sure, but I think it's safe to assume that Kirino was both, for two reasons: A, Both is really the usually for ZD mafia and B, Kirino voted late to save PokaLink and lynch Fig that Day. Clearly he wasn't afraid of being investigated.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Anyways, I'm not fully convinced that Mellow is scum. Your evidence isn't as convincing as what you had for Celeboy, and even then you appear to have been wrong, JC.

As for the whole idea regarding the 5 players that were mentioned, I disagree with the plan. Simply because we're basing our entire strategy on who JC thinks is Town; not the best strategy in the world. I've still got my eye on Octo, and yet he isn't one of the five. Simply put, we shouldn't operate based on the thoughts of the SK.

We have less than 4 hours left. I'd personally still like to lynch JC, but if no one agrees than I'd like to hear other options, please. Particularly from Pendio, Heroine of Time and Thareous.

EBWODP

a bit more than 4 hours. Not less.
So given your logic of not going with my suspicions because I'm the SK then Poka and Kirino would still most likely be alive. Just because I'm the SK, it doesn't make my suspicions any less valid. Three of my main suspicions earlier on in the game turned out to be scum. Not saying I'm right this time, but you simply disregarding whatever I see is incredibly frustrating given you've just returned to the game. Oh and take note that I also tried to stop you getting lynched, I could have easily went along with it.

True, but you forgot to mention the line directly underneath that one:

At this point we can't be sure, but I think it's safe to assume that Kirino was both, for two reasons: A, Both is really the usually for ZD mafia and B, Kirino voted late to save PokaLink and lynch Fig that Day. Clearly he wasn't afraid of being investigated.
Yeah that's "some". Some is a very ambiguous thing to work off. The first few lines seem more relevant to this game, so that's what I'm going with.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
So given your logic of not going with my suspicions because I'm the SK then Poka and Kirino would still most likely be alive.

Poka yes, Kirino no.

Just because I'm the SK, it doesn't make my suspicions any less valid. Three of my main suspicions earlier on in the game turned out to be scum. Not saying I'm right this time, but you simply disregarding whatever I see is incredibly frustrating given you've just returned to the game.

Well, it kinda does. No matter how much you help the Town, I will never trust you completely, and neither should the rest of the Town. You don't need to hunt scum to win. Thus, we can never be sure how much you're really putting into scumhunting. Yes, I know you've done more than enough to warrant trust, and the rest of it, but to me that's irrelevant, and you won't be able to change my mind.

Furthermore, I'm more inclined to disregard your suspicions because I don't necessarily agree with all them (Ex. Octo, Mellow). The fact that you're the claimed and basically proven SK is the icing on the cake.

Oh and take note that I also tried to stop you getting lynched, I could have easily went along with it.

Consider it noted.

Yeah that's "some". Some is a very ambiguous thing to work off. The first few lines seem more relevant to this game, so that's what I'm going with.

As I said, we'll can't ever be too sure, so I'm afraid it's simply not a helpful point in your case against Mellow.

EBWODP

Vote: JC

Didn't see the vote count resetted.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Poka yes, Kirino no.

No, I suspected Kirino two days before we lynched him. Of I didn't suspect him then I wouldn't have tired to kill him obviously.

Fused_shadows said:
Well, it kinda does. No matter how much you help the Town, I will never trust you completely, and neither should the rest of the Town. You don't need to hunt scum to win. Thus, we can never be sure how much you're really putting into scumhunting. Yes, I know you've done more than enough to warrant trust, and the rest of it, but to me that's irrelevant, and you won't be able to change my mind.
It's your attitude and how you brush off anything I say and you're like "lol he's the SK". It's frustrating because you're not seeing the bigger picture and that you will have the game one by either tomorrow or the day after of you follow my plan. I've basically went out my way to confirm people who I think are definitely Town to narrow it down. If you don't want to trust me then fine, but you're making a mistake I'm sorry.

Fused_shadows said:
Furthermore, I'm more inclined to disregard your suspicions because I don't necessarily agree with all them (Ex. Octo, Mellow). The fact that you're the claimed and basically proven SK is the icing on the cake.
You can disagree all you want. That's fine.

Fused_shadows said:
As I said, we'll can't ever be too sure, so I'm afraid it's simply not a helpful point in your case against Mellow.
Well let's say the GF is investigation proof just to please you. That doesn't explain Mellow trying to twist my plan and make the Vig not target him either. Also it doesn't explain his convenient inactivness. Of you have any better scum leads than just choosing the easy option (the wrong option) and voting for me, then by all means speak up.

---

Let me just say that I asked for trust on the Poka lynch and the Kirino lynch, so I'd like to ask for some trust again. Follow the plan I originally said, and that GDL updated, and you'll have the game won within the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom