• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokéscum Mafia: The First Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To be honest I don't think it's even worth keeping in mind. You'd think, by earlier trends, that players like Viral would be the first to go, but you simply can't think like that. It just misleads you in most cases. Alit shouldn't have this burden because of past games that simply aren't relevant and I'd say the same for other players who get lynched early too. I just think it's a waste of time really to even think about it. He could be scum for all I know, but for not being killed on Day One? Err.

---

I want to hear from Pendio, he hasn't responded to me yet.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
But not always by the mafia... in SSB Mafia it appears he was NKd by the serial killer, so I don't see any real cause for suspicion.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Pendio's supposition of Ditto being the Town Backup and transforming whenever someone died makes a ton of sense. Judging by the "dead" list, Ditto either became goomboo/Clefable or musicfan/Venasaur and couldn't/didn't use their newfound abilities last Night. On the other hand, Ditto seems to have been picked up by a Cult Leader, supposedly, and probably can't target anyone now. If that's true, then the Town has been deprived of yet another invaluable role to help ensure their survival.

Okay, gotta admit it. The vote on goomboo was bait, to see who would bandwagon. You can get a lot of information looking at a Day One lynch.

At which point? I'm the one who initially voted for goomboo, but that was at the very beginning of Day 1 and everyone else started to pile on the votes at the end, when I wasn't online to undo my vote. So I'd like some clarification as to when that voting spree became bait so that this isn't misinterpreted down the road as being my fault. o_0

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio, why did you vote for Sadia, unvote, and then proceed to place pressure on someone who also voted for Sadia?

I already gave the explanation for this in my last post. DekuNut even pointed it out for you right after you asked.

bit harsh

What reason would scum have to come in here and make a big scene? I'm trying to get some discussion going (as usual), and votes have proven time and time again to be the best way to get reactions and generate discussion.

I truly apologize if my words came off as a bit harsh. But still, the fact that you were seemingly unknowing of the fact that Mewtwo was part of the Mafia does somewhat bother me. I do appreciate you trying to spark discussion, but going this intensively against Sadia probably is not the best way. That is just my opinion though.

Fig

The Altruist
Alright sorry for not responding earlier since I was sorta busy with life and with college starting tomorrow, I will try my best to stay active. With that said, here is what I have to say:

I think this makes a lot of sense that Gumball was killed by the Vig as the Night Scene does state that the killer was disappointed in itself after the action was done. Considering the description of the attack and attacker, this sounds heavily like Charizard. Yes there is Dragonite and Moltres, but Charizard is the more iconic winged Pokemon in Gen I and is only one out of two Pokemon that can learn Fire-type moves and being winged, the other being Moltres. I think I sorta understand why the Vig would attack Gumball. I was going to state this earlier, but it was very late during the first day and I felt that it would be best until the following day were there was more time to discuss about this. In page 9, Gumball sorta softclaimed as Charizard simply because Blackkirby said "burn".

QUOTE=LittleGumball;899080]softclaiming charizard

can't be charizard i'm charizard

just look at this avatar that proves it

plus that avatar is a friggin CHANDELIER (i'm sorry i don't know much about any gen past Gen 2)

obv liar

lynch all liars

UNVOTE

VOTE: KIRBY
[/QUOTE]

Sure maybe she was joking about it, but perhaps the real Charizard decided to use this a sort of reason to justify that Gumball isn't the real Charizard. Ironically, Gumball was killed by the very Pokemon that she has for her avatar.

Going to music fan, this easily sounds like a mafia attack. Mewtwo is a Psychic-type and since Venusaur is Grass/Poison, the context makes sense as Psychic is super effective to Poison types. Therefore I am believing this is a mafia attack, specifically Mewtwo. As for the last piece of information given by the night scene, it's quite confusing to what is actually going on. This sounds like a Pokemon trainer and obviously the one that makes sense would be Red since he's the protagonist. This would then lead me to believe that Red is the 3rd Party and Ditto (now a Clefable) is his partner Pokemon.

aw, poop

so if gummy votes, does the majority go up?

Isn't she dead? I don't see how her voting would increase the majority as the the longer a mafia game goes, the less amount of votes is needed to reach majority. It would be nice if you were to better explain this as I am quite confused by what you mean by this.

EBWODP:
And either he grabbed a Mega-Evolved Clefable, a Clefairy, or there's more coming from Goomboo.

First of all, there is no such thing as a Mega Clefable (why you said this I don't know). I don't see how Ditto is able to transform into a Mega-Evolved Clefable (which again doesn't exist) as Ditto can't Mega Evolve even if you give him a Mega Stone. He could transform into a Mega-Evolved Pokemon in the games when a Pokemon Mega Evolves but by that point Ditto will be low on health be knocked out considering how Ditto is not the most vital Pokemon in battles, but based on the context of the Day 1 lynch scene, Clefable was holding a Moon Stone, an item that associated with Clefable and is needed for a Clefairy to evolve into a Clefable.

EBWODP

Quote failed. This is what it's suppose to look like:

softclaiming charizard

can't be charizard i'm charizard

just look at this avatar that proves it

plus that avatar is a friggin CHANDELIER (i'm sorry i don't know much about any gen past Gen 2)

obv liar

lynch all liars

UNVOTE

VOTE: KIRBY

Last edited:

Jamie

Isn't she dead? I don't see how her voting would increase the majority as the the longer a mafia game goes, the less amount of votes is needed to reach majority. It would be nice if you were to better explain this as I am quite confused by what you mean by this.

Gummy's role allows her to vote when she's dead.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
because of past games that simply aren't relevant

I couldn't disagree with this statement more. Past games are extremely important.

Anyways, I don't really want to discuss the ALIT situation anymore. It's not helping us find today's lynchee, that's for sure.

Mellow said:
Goomboo (7) – Thareous, Sadia, fused_shadows, justac00lguy, Kokirion, Repentance, Fig (+PokaLink)

Yes, it's this time. I finally had some time to look back through the Goomboo bandwagon, and here are my thoughts and opinions:

Who let Mario enemies into the Kanto region?

Vote: goomboo

The first vote was a RVS by Thareous. He, just a little bit ago, claims that he would have unvoted if he had been online during the late game surge; now, this is obviously undisbutable, because we don't and never will know if he is being truthful or is using it as an excuse. He did have almost a week to unvote goomboo, but never did. He has also been slightly less active in this game; only 4 posts total so far. A quick search through them will show that his first serious post came ten days after the game began. Doesn't seem to care much about who's being lynched, eh?

Unvote

The second vote came from Ma'am Sadia. She recently claimed it to be a bait vote; trying to see who would join the wagon. However, I don't believe her. This post is why:

While I'm waiting, does anyone in this game have any actual suspicions? Like, for even the smallest of reasons, has anyone stuck out, for flip-floppiness, bandwagoning, etc....................

This was made at 1:47 AM EST, more than an hour before the Day ended. The current vote tally at the time? Goomboo 6, myself 5. If Sadia's vote really was a bait vote, it had done it's job; she had learned who would join the wagon. Why then, with 73 minutes remaining in the Day, did she not state this at the time, and remove her vote from goomboo, whom she clearly is claiming she had no reason to believe was scum? However, she didn't; she didn't remove her vote, and she didn't call out those that joined the bandwagon like one might expect. She allowed herself to be a huge factor in Goomboo's lynch; a simple unvote would have saved goomboo and myself, keeping two townies alive. However, she didn't; she let goomboo die, and the only reason I can think of is that she is scum and knew goomboo was Town.

I can't guarantee I'll be on tonight when the Day ends. So...... don't lynch me. XD

Unvote

If someone would like to tie it up by voting for goomboo I'd love you forever :)

Next is my vote! The reason why I voted for goomboo was simple: I was trying to save myself. Nothing more to say, really.

Unvote

Vote: Goomboo

Next up is JC. He kinda just throws his vote in there..... No explanation, nothing. Also, no one called him out on it. However, he later stated that his reasoning for voting was:

To be honest, maybe Sadia just didn't want to lynch an experienced player - I voted for Goomboo simply because I didn't want Fused to die (not this early anyway).

Solid reasoning, I guess. Particularly hard to disprove, especially considering the timing of his vote; I still had two more votes than Goomboo at the time, so JC's vote didn't directly change the lynchee-to-be. Gonna have to leave JC alone, for now.

@ Fused, that's not an error. Sadia needs a vote I think

But alright, alright.. just only for the fact that you also saved me in ssbb mafia on day 1, I'm indebted to you.
Unvote Vote: Goomboo

Kokirion was next to join the bandwagon. This came right after my final post in which I attempted to defend myself. His vote was extremely important, as he tied up the count at 5. There's nothing really scummy in this post, nor in his reasoning. Nothing much to say about him, as well.

I wanted to lynch Thar but poop it, I am not letting you guys lynch fused. This poor man has been beaten down my Close Combat every day. hehe.. you guys play pokemon BR? yeah.. haha.. god damn

Unvote
Vote: goomboo (seriously thought this was a nickname for littlescumball at one point

This post came a couple after Koki's. I have absolutely no idea what he means in the first bit, nor do I know what Close Combat is, nor Pokemon BR. Even after reading Fig's massive reply I don't get it. A quick glance through his posts and I can't find him explaining this at any point. Would you mind doing so, Repentance?

Furthermore, his vote is eye-opening. It gave Goomboo 6 votes, making the 5-apiece tie. Now, why would he do this? Obviously he did not want a no lynch to occur, and one can only wonder why. Each potential reasoning is as unlikely as the next, so instead of wondering why, I'm going to ask: Repentance, why did you try to avoid a no lynch by voting for goomboo extremely late in the Day?

Oh so days are in PST? Sweet that's my time zone!

Anyway, I'll restate why I think we shouldn't lynch Fused, "Day's over, right? I really don't know if it was the best idea to lynch Fused. If this lynch was built on the whole "Kill experienced players" strategy then I think it was an even worse idea, kill all the good players and who does the scum hunting and deducing? Oh well, lets just hope she flips scum."

Goomboo is inexperienced, and would result in a much much smaller loss if he flipped Town (Unless he's a PR), plus the fact that there is some chance he's Mafia.

So, Vote: goomboo

EBWODP

VOTE: goomboo

Although this vote doesn't appear in the final vote tally because he didn't unvote, the intention to lynch goomboo is already there. The first part of PokaLink's post shows that he hasn't been paying much attention to the game, as, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anyone discussing lynching experienced players, JUST because they are experienced. Usually people who don't follow the game are VTs, but since this is a role madness game I'm not sure what PokaLink is up to.

Furthermore, his reasoning to lynch goomboo is certainly not the best. It looks rushed and just an excuse to add on to the bandwagon, ensuring Goomboo is killed. Not much there to justify a lynch, though.

Sure why not?

I personally don't want fused to be lynched as he can very vital for town should he stay alive. That and the fact that the votes are very close, it would be a shame if someone were to change one's vote in the last hours.

The last vote on the wagon was from Mr. Fig. It was certainly late, and fairly unnecessary, but I don't think it's very much to worry about. Fig was simply adding on an insurance vote to make sure nobody tied it. It could be the work of scum, but I'm not getting any scum vibes from any of his posts. So for now, I think we should leave Fig alone.

---

Those are all the voters. Before I end this really quick post, there were a few posts that occured during the bandwagon that caught my eye, that I wanted to comment on.

Whoa, I didn't realize Fused had six votes. XD I'm trying to decide if I ACTUALLY want to lynch him or not... He's an experienced player and can be useful to have around.

But he's also Fused.

This vote is extremely scummy to me. Heroine clearly states that it's a bad idea to lynch me, and then leaves her vote on me. It doesn't add up. Also, she hasn't posted since.

So, Heroine of Time, who should we lynch today?

Experience Shpexperience, who needs him? ;)

This post is interesting simply because he half-seriously agrees with the bandwagon, but never votes himself. In fact, Celeboy has yet to make a vote throughout the entire game. He clearly semi-agreed with the lynch, so why wouldn't he place a vote? He could be scum trying to hide himself from people who look through bandwagon, like I am doing right now.

Salmon, don't be spreading rumors, otherwise I will turn you into a Magikarp :right:

Stitch posted this after Mellow had posted a vote count showing that goomboo was due to be lynched. Instead of seriously asking why people were voting for goomboo, or doing something productive, he attempts to put the game back into Day 1 spam, which is even more noteworthy because it came at a very serious point in the game. He could very easily be scum trying to direct attention away from the vote count, ensuring goomboo was killed, someone who he would know as scum to be Town.

---

IGMEOY: Thareous, Repentance, Heroine

FoS: PokaLink, Stitch, Sadia

My main suspicion right now is Sadia; if the Day ended tonight, I'd vote for her. We still have 48 hours, though, so I'm in no hurry to place a vote.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Stitch posted this after Mellow had posted a vote count showing that goomboo was due to be lynched. Instead of seriously asking why people were voting for goomboo, or doing something productive, he attempts to put the game back into Day 1 spam, which is even more noteworthy because it came at a very serious point in the game. He could very easily be scum trying to direct attention away from the vote count, ensuring goomboo was killed, someone who he would know as scum to be Town.

It was Day 1, the rvs was happening and there was no reason for me to question people because I didn't know that goomboo was town. I wanted to wait and see what happened. I don't see why this is suspicious since it happens all the time in mafia games here. I wasn't even the only one making spam posts at the time, heck I was responding to another spam post. Gummy is a confirmed townie and she practically did the same thing I did. Your suspicions of me have more than a few fallacies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
First of all, there is no such thing as a Mega Clefable (why you said this I don't know). I don't see how Ditto is able to transform into a Mega-Evolved Clefable (which again doesn't exist) as Ditto can't Mega Evolve even if you give him a Mega Stone. He could transform into a Mega-Evolved Pokemon in the games when a Pokemon Mega Evolves but by that point Ditto will be low on health be knocked out considering how Ditto is not the most vital Pokemon in battles, but based on the context of the Day 1 lynch scene, Clefable was holding a Moon Stone, an item that associated with Clefable and is needed for a Clefairy to evolve into a Clefable.

I haven't played X and Y. I don't know which Pokemon are and aren't Megavolved.

Anyways, Sadia's "bait" seems more like bait for people to believe her. It doesn't sound right... even I realized that when I read it.
IGMEOY: Sadia
That's less than an FoS, right? Because she's somewhat odd, but in the lowest level of suspicion right now. Not like I have anyone else who may be scum. I found it interesting that there was a mass voting over Fused, but I find people's reasonings believable, so I'll cut some slack there.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
@Sadia what information did you get from the Goomboo lynch then?

:I Fused kinda beat me to it... (he actually did it better then I could have lol)

However, looking at Day One in general, one thing that stood out to me was:

Let's kill Fused, he's annoying.
UNVOTE
VOTE: Fused

Deku kinda just sneaks in his vote there, I think that left fused with 6 votes. He definitely wanted to lynch him, not sure if RVS or ulterior scum motives.

This was made at 1:47 AM EST, more than an hour before the Day ended. The current vote tally at the time? Goomboo 6, myself 5. If Sadia's vote really was a bait vote, it had done it's job; she had learned who would join the wagon. Why then, with 73 minutes remaining in the Day, did she not state this at the time, and remove her vote from goomboo, whom she clearly is claiming she had no reason to believe was scum? However, she didn't; she didn't remove her vote, and she didn't call out those that joined the bandwagon like one might expect. She allowed herself to be a huge factor in Goomboo's lynch; a simple unvote would have saved goomboo and myself, keeping two townies alive. However, she didn't; she let goomboo die, and the only reason I can think of is that she is scum and knew goomboo was Town.

But I never wanted to end the Day in a tie in the first place; I'm not exactly a fan of no lynches. You get information from lynches, what types of roles exist in the game, like the existence of a cult, a town hero, masons or people defending others. So yeah, I let goomboo die. I had no idea of his alignment; he could have been either town or mafia. The plan was to see if people would bandwagon on the easy target, and analyze the lynch sometime today.

Does anyone think it's plausible that Pendio and Repentence are Cult Members...? I mean, Pendio's ditto theory was incredibly perceptive, buuut what if he was the actual Cult Leader trying to gain our trust? And then Repentence defended Pendio, who proceeded to go against him, almost as if they were distancing themselves from each other. I dunno, that's just my crazy hunch.

Peachy, Gems, HoT, Celeboy, Deku Shroom, what are your thoughts on everything right now?

Jamie

To respond to fused, in Pokémon Battle Revolution if you use the move "Close Combat" it says "B-b-b-b-beaten down by Close Combat". What I meant was you seem to be singled out early game sometimes which seemed unfair to me, and I felt bad. I originally thought I was tying the votes actually, but after I noticed I was actually making goomboo the primary lynch target I had no issue with it because a lynch on day one does help the town a little bit with leads and such.

EBWODP
I truly apologize if my words came off as a bit harsh. But still, the fact that you were seemingly unknowing of the fact that Mewtwo was part of the Mafia does somewhat bother me. I do appreciate you trying to spark discussion, but going this intensively against Sadia probably is not the best way. That is just my opinion though.

I actually didn't really read the OP, lol. But it wasn't that Sadia thought it was Mewtwo that bothered me, it was the way she worded everything. Mention of the Mafia in general is something you should pay attention to but the fact that she only mentioned the mafia and didn't examine any of the other situation, while simultaneously not backing up why she thought it was the Mafia and just assuming we'd all understand seemed to me like a weird attempt to distance herself from the mafia while still making it known she is trying to figure things out. Again, this alone means nothing but I did post a lot of other reasoning, most of it which I believe is sound, and it is all out of pressure. I pressured Atticus in Animal Crossing with absolutely **** awful reasoning and her reaction was perfect and led to scum lynch. I'm not sure me doing things differently than you means I'm doing things the wrong way.

Last edited:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Your suspicions of me have more than a few fallacies.

Hence why I'm not voting for you. :)

But I never wanted to end the Day in a tie in the first place; I'm not exactly a fan of no lynches. You get information from lynches, what types of roles exist in the game, like the existence of a cult, a town hero, masons or people defending others. So yeah, I let goomboo die. I had no idea of his alignment; he could have been either town or mafia. The plan was to see if people would bandwagon on the easy target, and analyze the lynch sometime today.

This is exactly what I expected you to say. XD Fairly indisbutable defense - hard to disprove. Not sure where to go from here, though.

Does anyone think it's plausible that Pendio and Repentence are Cult Members...? I mean, Pendio's ditto theory was incredibly perceptive, buuut what if he was the actual Cult Leader trying to gain our trust? And then Repentence defended Pendio, who proceeded to go against him, almost as if they were distancing themselves from each other. I dunno, that's just my crazy hunch.

I really really doubt Pendio would go ahead and confirm the existence of a cult when it would be most beneficial to him to hide it. I don't recall him ever hinting that a cult existed the time he was Cult Leader (LotR?). Also, I highly doubt that Repentance would have came out and immediately supported his new leader if he was recruited. I remember in Kid Icarus when I was the Mentor, which is similar to a Cult Leader; after I recruited my first Mentee, I tried to distance myself from them, because I knew if they died people would start looking for the Mentee's Mentor. That was the way I played it, and it would have worked well if not for a certain Vigilante (:)).

To respond to fused, in Pokémon Battle Revolution if you use the move "Close Combat" it says "B-b-b-b-beaten down by Close Combat". What I meant was you seem to be singled out early game sometimes which seemed unfair to me, and I felt bad. I originally thought I was tying the votes actually, but after I noticed I was actually making goomboo the primary lynch target I had no issue with it because a lynch on day one does help the town a little bit with leads and such.

Ew, some weird Pokemon stuff. >_>

Anyway, I guess that makes sense. Nothing more here, either.

Anyways, Sadia's "bait" seems more like bait for people to believe her. It doesn't sound right... even I realized that when I read it.
IGMEOY: Sadia
That's less than an FoS, right? Because she's somewhat odd, but in the lowest level of suspicion right now. Not like I have anyone else who may be scum. I found it interesting that there was a mass voting over Fused, but I find people's reasonings believable, so I'll cut some slack there.

I usually use IGMEOY to say, "You did something scummy here, so I'm watching you for more scummy actions." FoS, to me at least, is like saying, "You're really leaning scum on me. Good potential Vig candidate." I use it as almost a suggestion pool for the Vigilante. That's how I use them, anyway.

---

I'm still suspicious of the slight discrepancy in your posts, Sadia. Unfortunately, I'm not really seeing much in anyone else, so you'd be my lynch candidate if I got to choose all by myself.

Also, I would also like to hear from everyone that Sadia mentioned, as well as Kokirion and PokaLink. Who do you think we lynch today, and why?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Deku kinda just sneaks in his vote there, I think that left fused with 6 votes. He definitely wanted to lynch him, not sure if RVS or ulterior scum motives.
I didn't actually realize how many people had voted for Fused at that point. All I knew is that Fused had some votes and I wanted to be semi-useful. By the time the vote count had been placed, I was offline for the rest of the day.

But I never wanted to end the Day in a tie in the first place; I'm not exactly a fan of no lynches. You get information from lynches, what types of roles exist in the game, like the existence of a cult, a town hero, masons or people defending others. So yeah, I let goomboo die. I had no idea of his alignment; he could have been either town or mafia.
I understand you there. I have similar feelings when it comes to no-lynches.

I usually use IGMEOY to say, "You did something scummy here, so I'm watching you for more scummy actions." FoS, to me at least, is like saying, "You're really leaning scum on me. Good potential Vig candidate." I use it as almost a suggestion pool for the Vigilante. That's how I use them, anyway.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom