• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So, I posted that and got two posts that happened before I posted mine. So gimme a chance to answer those quickly, all right?

EBWODP:
Let's begin.
No, not a PR, or lyncher. But you have no reason to believe that, I guess. Once Poka admitted he was scum yesterday during Twilight (or a little before), at that moment I knew Deku Nut was scum too. There are no night actions involved since I called for his lynch during Twilight of Day 3. I'm more than willing to take a mafia NK if it gives the rest of our PRs a better chance at hitting remaining scum tonight though, so that's no problem.
All right then. So I've been in the back of your mind for a while then?

The best influence on the vig, or cop, or RB is a player who is the 2nd scummiest person, or someone who adamantly defended a mafioso, or the like. Suggesting that 'Black Kirby is kind of avoiding discussion so lets vig him,' or 'Lets vig/cop the people a town-lynch because it would be awesome if the vig and the cop both targeted the same player' is just plain bad play, especially when it looks like the vig is somewhat inexperienced with the role. As for the cop, I can't say but seeing as no one has come out so far claiming to be cop and found 2 mafia the past two nights, we can assume the cop is just as inexperienced and has been hitting townies.
They may not be inexperienced. Due to the portions of the game, it's more likely for them to hit town than scum, simply because there are only 5 scummies in 25 people. Thats a 1/5 chance of hitting scum. Even so, I agree that it's most likely that cop has been hitting town as well, as nobody has claimed it and pointed at someone.

[/B]@JC: You seem of the mind that Mafia would risk their neck for their RB on Day 2. Before they discovered the SK, before they discovered you have some sort of tracker watcher role thing. I can only see a mafia goon doing so. The rest of the mafia, if they all have PRs like strongman, or role cop, would be less inclined, from my own experience to jump in for a RBer, especially at a point in the game where they only know there is a mason, and vig (who has a penchant for townies at the moment).
You can't say that they knew the vig had a penchant for townies. The vig only killed once at that point, and it was a simple and easy-to-make mistake. Our vig took the wine in front of him, and it turned out that he attacked town. Simple as that.

First off, the posts that just give me a bad feeling:
Yay, the good stuff.

Seems to be pushy that 'Bahaha' is a bowser thing. Deku nut comments on very little character based stuff, but always has something to say about what characters may be mafia.
Well, it's not like we have many chats about who characters could be. Plus, Mafia is one of the few roles that we know for sure exists. And it's not like people would expect Bowser to be town... besides, there was an argument about which of two people it was, Bowser or Wario. I took one side. Besides, as of last night it's safe to say that Bowser is probably GF (or a bulletproof mafioso, but GF is more likely, as he's the most stereotypical villain in SS:cool:.

The night turned out actually amazing. Only 1 vanilla townie dead... Second time he's said the 'Oh man, last night sucked' thing.
Well, that's because I almost always do that. Check the other games I've played in. It's not like I've only said "Last night sucked" that game. Besides, Fused is a good player. Losing him kinda sucked. And, as you yourself are proving, you don't need a power role to make a difference.

As for the RBer role, he clearly mentions Meta Knight, but goes for Falco instead. This is truly interesting.
Well, I like Falco better. That's my excuse. Besides, I'd thought that GDL had blocked him at the time, and between the two Falco would be more likely to be town. At the time I had no idea that Mafia had a roleblocker. I changed my thoughts when he mentioned it hadn't been him though.

Anyway, onto the juicy bits.
What? We're having juice? What kind? I'd like apple ;)

Me and Pendio were the first two to vote for Poka yesterday.
Here Dekunut calls me and Pendio out for voting Poka and putting him out in front at the start of the day.
Only because I didn't know why you'd voted for him. Neither of you had showed interest in him the day before and, as I'd mentioned later, it was a little late for pressure votes.

Deku again, defending Poka:
Yes, I defended him. I'll admit my mistake. But I thought JC more scummy than Poka (to which it seems I was incorrect). Besides, it wasn't like I was the only one with that opinion. I was just the only person you're calling out for it.

Note how he tries to invalidate everyone's vote on Poka... When Heroine calls out Deku's analysis, Deku goes as far as IGMOEYing Poka. That's it...
She'd brought up good points, but I wasn't completley convinced. It was enough to make me look at Poka differently though.

Here's Poka's scum list, and town list:
He called me town because I was active and he had no reason to think that I was scum. The same with Heroine, Gummy, and Pendio.

He throws a lot of names out there, including LG who was town, but what stands out the most is that his most active defender, Deku Nut, is on his town list. At this point Deku however has actively stopped defending Poka after Heroine poked some holes into his analysis (the previous quote).
Yes. He called me town even though I'd stopped defending him. Is that so hard to believe? Some of the others were against him and some of them were with him. However, I am once again the only one of them you called out.

Deku Nut was initially very vocal about questioning the legitemacy of MF's commuter claim which I will post below the next quote, but here, however, he takes Poka terrible fake claim at face value, and immediately votes for JC.
It was because of timing. We'd just learned that we had a commuter and suddenly someone comes out saying they're one. Interesting timing I think. However, when there was no counterclaim, I warmed up to the idea. With Poka, we had no idea that this kind of role existed at all, and it would take a lot of digging to find something like that. I somehow doubted a mafioso would go that far to fake claim. Obviously I was wrong.

Below are his reactions to MF's claim:
Here he is trying to shed doubt on MF early on, before most of us were convinced MF was/is commuter.
How is saying that the mafia would try to lynch the commuter trying to weaken his claim?

Not once does he pressure MF (as far as I've seen). He just tries to sow doubt, and then when most players say they believe MF, he moves on.
For the first quote, yes. I was after him, for reasons I mentioned above. For the second one, I was just plain confused. I hadn't caught onto the whole Sonic thing, and I made an entire post after I realized it where all I posted was "Oooooooooooooo". Want me to find it for you?
Anyway, the reason I moved on when people began to accept his claim was because I, too, began to accept his claim. Why would I keep going after him if I believed it?

There a bit more there, but I'm getting tired. Note as well how Deku Nut has been trying to grasp at roles too. Asking JC about his role, asking me if I had a PR, as if I'm some sort of day cop that got a guilty result on him before last night.
That's because, while you don't need to have a PR to be important, it can definitely help. I wasn't sure what to think of you two, and I'm still not sure, but knowing where people's suspicions are coming from helps me out.

Once Poka flipped scum, the obvious next choice is Deku nut, not because they played closely, but because how they seemed so distance and yet so close to each other during the last few days, and how quickly they acted to defend each other.
I don't think he defended me at all, firstly. And secondly, how were we both distant and close?

tl;dr: vote Deku Nut because walls of text.
Good job bolding there.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If you can't reveal what your role is or how it lets you know this, then there's not really anything putting your claim over Viral's, at least that would cause me to be lynched today instead of Deku. I suppose if you did reveal or hint at your role, however, it might be quite dangerous for you, which I can understand.
Don't worry, I'm not afraid to role claim. I will if you're not lynched.

Kirino said:
Even if the context of the situation in which I made the vote on Fig is the problem, me saying "the vote" is inclusive of that context. Also, how do you know I didn't have any suspicion on Fig until the end? And I already stated that I didn't think Poka had a legitimate reason to be lynched at the time; didn't feel like Fig did either, really, but I felt I had to choose in order to prevent a no lynch, which as you know is the bane of my existence.
Because I know, and you know I know. I saw right through your supposed reasoning. It's highly convenient that you just happen to come in at the last minute and sway the voting. It's convenient that you defended and helped the Mafia RB'er from being lynched. It's convenient that you didn't really explain your vote and attempt to scum hunt the next day. You could be an innocent Townie who made a mistake, but you know what do know that's not true.

Kirino said:
I also did explain my actions first post in the following day, and I offered my suspicions and thoughts on the players, and eventually voted for Poka, which I think qualifies as scumhunting at least to an extent. If by "didn't say you were wrong" you think it's suspicious that I didn't express remorse for lynching Fig or didn't say I made a mistake, then sorry, but I really don't see any point in that. Viral was equally unapologetic.
To me your little input screams survival. Even your posts, you aren't going against the fold or coming up with new accusations. You're basically sticking to flow of the game and giving input, or make decisive decisions when necessary. Typical scum tactics in my eyes and yeah I'm just as suspicious as Viral, but you know why I'm more suspicious of you.

Kirino said:
I know he was, and I agree that there was reasons to save Poka; I just said there were no good reasons that would reasonably justify my action. I was just saying that his fate was mostly sealed and that he was probably going to be lynched the next day, and given the circumstances, going out of my way to save him like that would have been a bad move with the benefits being drastically being outweighed by the negative effects. Hence, no good reason for me to do what I did.
I think you took the risk because of your role to be frank. You know as long as your not lynched you'll be fine. It all adds up. Even so, I'd still say that any scumbud would save their RB'er early on in the game. You can essentially make up excuses and pass it off as a simple mistake which is what you're doing with the whole "I thought he was more suspicious argument".

Kirino said:
I don't think I shied away from anything, seeing as how I explained my actions the first chance I got, and I was about as active on that day as I was on the previous days, so it's not like my activity lessened to prevent eyes from being focused on me. If anything, lurking would only make me look more suspicious, and, as you can see here, I'm not afraid of defending myself. It's just that the only mention of it was you asking me why, which I responded to, and I didn't see any reason to defend myself further considering that I wasn't accused afterwards. Only other thing I remember was being suggested as an investigation target by the cop, which I've never had any objections to.
Yeah you responded to me, but I didn't really see you go out of your way to justify your actions or even make up for them. You just kind of sat back, which, like I said before, can be perceived as a survival tactic. Usually I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but there is no doubt.

Kirino said:
As for Poka pushing for your lynch, I think that was partially because of OMGUS, partially because he saw you as a threat, and partially because he saw you as an easy target due to LG's suspicions of you and felt like it'd be easy to pick you out and jump on you.
I agree here.

I actually can, considering it's a valid point backed up by tons of reasoning and evidence and supported by meta. There are several very good reasons to believe I wouldn't do that if I were scum, and there is no reason that it isn't a perfectly valid defense. Me doing what I did as scum would be entirely illogical and nonsensical even as a hypothetical, and would completely contradict everything about who I am as a player. If you're going to respond with "well, you did that illogical and contradictory action on purpose so you could use this very argument that you wouldn't do that!", then I already addressed that in advance in the quote you just responded to.

Kirino said:
Did you not read my posts? I'm not "blindly" trusting him. You literally just ignored all the reasoning I gave and said "you just want to save yourself you scum!". Frankly, that's how a child argues, and when you do things like this, it shows how obsessed you are with lynching me. I also admitted that I was voting for Deku at least partially out of self-interest, but it's not my primary reasoning.
No, there's a reason. I see the Deku suspicion, hell, I was the first to bring it up on Day Three and no one even responded to me. It's not exactly that, but just that I know why you're trusting Viral.

---

READ

Ok I'm going to come out and say this because people are seemingly ignoring the obvious. I am the Serial Killer.

As odd as it is to claim SK, I have nothing to lose. Mafia RB'ed me on night two and the night scene made it clear, so they know who I am which makes me a sitting duck. The only way I can single handedly win this game is if I get the Doctor to protect me every night which is near impossible. I've come to realise that I'm not going to win this game by myself, so I'm deciding to help the Town. The only way I could survive yesterday was to fake claim and say I knew Poka was scum.

On night one I killed Alit as a part of my original plan (lynch Scum and night kill Townies). On night two I targeted Kirino but I was blocked; however I targeted him again on night three and was unsuccessful. Though, the night scene made it clear as day, Kirino is either the Godfather or a goon with a Bulletproof ability (I'm inclined to think GF).

I went all out with the Poka lynch. I'll admit I was a bit nervous with the outcome; however I have a bit of an edge over the Townies and I'll explain why. Mafia know I'm the SK, so after Night Two they would obviously try to lynch me and Poka going after me basically confirmed my original suspicion; I was waiting, in a way baiting, them. Mafia want town cred by lynching the SK as well as they knew they were so close to getting rid of me via lynch. I suggest that everyone looks at those who tried to get me lynched especially DekuNut.

I'll explain more later and give input on who I think the other scum are and who the Townies are. I think I can really help you guys get a really big advantage in this game even of it does mean I won't win because frankly I'm going to die anyway. All you guys need to know is that Kirino is the Godfather/Bulletproof. I will kill DekuNut during the night, so don't worry about that. Just follow my advice.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
READ

Ok I'm going to come out and say this because people are seemingly ignoring the obvious. I am the Serial Killer.
PLOT TWIST!

As odd as it is to claim SK, I have nothing to lose. Mafia RB'ed me on night two and the night scene made it clear, so they know who I am which makes me a sitting duck. The only way I can single handedly win this game is if I get the Doctor to protect me every night which is near impossible. I've come to realise that I'm not going to win this game by myself, so I'm deciding to help the Town. The only way I could survive yesterday was to fake claim and say I knew Poka was scum.
You do know that you won't win at all now, right? The town is gonna lynch you tomorrow because you're anti-town.

On night one I killed Alit as a part of my original plan (lynch Scum and night kill Townies). On night two I targeted Kirino but I was blocked; however I targeted him again on night three and was unsuccessful. Though, the night scene made it clear as day, Kirino is either the Godfather or a goon with a Bulletproof ability (I'm inclined to think GF).

I went all out with the Poka lynch. I'll admit I was a bit nervous with the outcome; however I have a bit of an edge over the Townies and I'll explain why. Mafia know I'm the SK, so after Night Two they would obviously try to lynch me and Poka going after me basically confirmed my original suspicion; I was waiting, in a way baiting, them. Mafia want town cred by lynching the SK as well as they knew they were so close to getting rid of me via lynch. I suggest that everyone looks at those who tried to get me lynched especially DekuNut.

I'll explain more later and give input on who I think the other scum are and who the Townies are. I think I can really help you guys get a really big advantage in this game even of it does mean I won't win because frankly I'm going to die anyway. All you guys need to know is that Kirino is the Godfather/Bulletproof. I will kill DekuNut during the night, so don't worry about that. Just follow my advice.

I see your reasoning. You did good JC. Why look at me, though, if you're going to kill me? And, if for some reason I'm still lynched today, who will you go after?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Don't worry, I'm not afraid to role claim. I will if you're not lynched.

Because I know, and you know I know. I saw right through your supposed reasoning. It's highly convenient that you just happen to come in at the last minute and sway the voting. It's convenient that you defended and helped the Mafia RB'er from being lynched. It's convenient that you didn't really explain your vote and attempt to scum hunt the next day. You could be an innocent Townie who made a mistake, but you know what do know that's not true.

To me your little input screams survival. Even your posts, you aren't going against the fold or coming up with new accusations. You're basically sticking to flow of the game and giving input, or make decisive decisions when necessary. Typical scum tactics in my eyes and yeah I'm just as suspicious as Viral, but you know why I'm more suspicious of you.

I think you took the risk because of your role to be frank. You know as long as your not lynched you'll be fine. It all adds up. Even so, I'd still say that any scumbud would save their RB'er early on in the game. You can essentially make up excuses and pass it off as a simple mistake which is what you're doing with the whole "I thought he was more suspicious argument".

Yeah you responded to me, but I didn't really see you go out of your way to justify your actions or even make up for them. You just kind of sat back, which, like I said before, can be perceived as a survival tactic. Usually I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but there is no doubt.

I agree here.

I actually can, considering it's a valid point backed up by tons of reasoning and evidence and supported by meta. There are several very good reasons to believe I wouldn't do that if I were scum, and there is no reason that it isn't a perfectly valid defense. Me doing what I did as scum would be entirely illogical and nonsensical even as a hypothetical, and would completely contradict everything about who I am as a player. If you're going to respond with "well, you did that illogical and contradictory action on purpose so you could use this very argument that you wouldn't do that!", then I already addressed that in advance in the quote you just responded to.

No, there's a reason. I see the Deku suspicion, hell, I was the first to bring it up on Day Three and no one even responded to me. It's not exactly that, but just that I know why you're trusting Viral.

---

READ

Would you be willing to be night killed /lynch the next day?

unvote
Vote kirino

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well this still leaves the last Mafioso... The game started with 5 according to Jamie's vote counts yday.

EBDP: Im willing to do Kirino yes, btw. But Deku nut needs to be killed as well either by JC or the vig...

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well this still leaves the last Mafioso... The game started with 5 according to Jamie's vote counts yday.

Arnt there two more

We got poka
Draco is scum(if justa is telling the truth)
And is deku also a high portability.

If the godfather is lynched (this may be unpopular )
But the cop should claim.

Big Octo

=^)
Omai.

Unvote
Vote: JC

JC can take out Deku tonight. Would be wise of Doc to protect him, since he's willing to help town. Vig, please don't bother killing JC.

ebwodp

whoops lol

I meant

Unvote
Vote: Leslie

I don't trust me own proofreading skills.

@justac00lguy

I'm kind of confused as to why you've decided to functionally throw away the game right now. It would have been somewhat possible for you to make a greater impact on the game by simply becoming passive and attempting to pretend that you were accidentally acting in the mafia's interests by eliminating town. Sure, you have a counter on your head for when the mafia finally decides you're more of a burden than anything, but you could have delayed that a good bit; we have multiple claimed PRs in this game, there are still many "established" players alive that seem to always be mafia kill hotspots, and it would seem that you had yet to deal a massive blow to the mafia during the night - it could very well be the case that the mafia has priority kills that are far above yourself right now. I know that I personally try to keep the SK alive for the first half of the game when I'm mafia, just because the chances of him/her killing town and assisting the mafia in that way are much higher during said first half. Yes, it becomes somewhat vital to kill the SK when he/she starts making town-strengthening moves, but I don't think we were at that time yet.

Regardless, it's tough to really contest a SK claim.... since it usually means the SK loses. Although I'm not throwing out the possibility that you're positive of Kirino being the GF through other means, and you're willing to sacrifice yourself through a fake SK claim to get him lynched (something you've done the past, I might add). It's also possible that you're just mafia trying to get a good player lynched, because really, what SK is going to counter-claim you knowing the truth? I'm not calling you a liar as that is a somewhat far-fetched idea, but I don't think this means beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're truly the SK and Kirino is indeed the Godfather.

We have to keep in mind that there are still PRs in the game that could prevent your kill of Deku happening if we theoretically went along with your plan, although it doesn't seem likely that GDL, the Doctor, or someone like the Bodyguard would interfere based on today's events.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Arnt there two more

We got poka
Draco is scum(if justa is telling the truth)
And is deku also a high portability.

If the godfather is lynched (this may be unpopular )
But the cop should claim.

Sorry, yeah, I miscounted. Poka, Kirino and Deku. The last two could be inactives, possibly.

JC can take out Deku tonight. Would be wise of Doc to protect him, since he's willing to help town. Vig, please don't bother killing JC.
[/B]

Doc protection on the SK? That's insane. The SKs kill still goes through even if he's killed by another party. No need to doc protect him, at all. We'll be minus 1 SK, and minus 3 mafia going into day 5, which is a great situation.

Big Octo

=^)
Oh true. That's only if JC still wants to help town after killing the GF. He could be a valuable asset, but we don't know. Well, not like he knows much more outside of who the GF is. So yeah, we could bear with losing him after today.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm kind of confused as to why you've decided to functionally throw away the game right now. It would have been somewhat possible for you to make a greater impact on the game by simply becoming passive and attempting to pretend that you were accidentally acting in the mafia's interests by eliminating town. Sure, you have a counter on your head for when the mafia finally decides you're more of a burden than anything, but you could have delayed that a good bit; we have multiple claimed PRs in this game, there are still many "established" players alive that seem to always be mafia kill hotspots, and it would seem that you had yet to deal a massive blow to the mafia during the night - it could very well be the case that the mafia has priority kills that are far above yourself right now. I know that I personally try to keep the SK alive for the first half of the game when I'm mafia, just because the chances of him/her killing town and assisting the mafia in that way are much higher during said first half. Yes, it becomes somewhat vital to kill the SK when he/she starts making town-strengthening moves, but I don't think we were at that time yet.
Because I know I can't win the game. My game plan was ruined on night two. The only thing I can do is delay the inevitable. Step one was lynching scum and fake claiming so I wouldn't die last night; however I just couldn't get people to trust me on the Kirino lynch, so I had to step in. I can't risk dying and not revealing game changing information. By claiming now I can greatly help Town as I can basically semi-confirm a few players as well as bring to light possible scum.

Ver-go-a-go-go said:
Regardless, it's tough to really contest a SK claim.... since it usually means the SK loses. Although I'm not throwing out the possibility that you're positive of Kirino being the GF through other means, and you're willing to sacrifice yourself through a fake SK claim to get him lynched (something you've done the past, I might add). It's also possible that you're just mafia trying to get a good player lynched, because really, what SK is going to counter-claim you knowing the truth? I'm not calling you a liar as that is a somewhat far-fetched idea, but I don't think this means beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're truly the SK and Kirino is indeed the Godfather.
Far fetched? Lol its very, very far fetched and you're simply over complicating things. Think of me claiming as helping Town because I'm going to die anyway. If you don't want to cooperate then it really puts you guys at a disadvantage.

Ver-go-a-go-go said:
We have to keep in mind that there are still PRs in the game that could prevent your kill of Deku happening if we theoretically went along with your plan, although it doesn't seem likely that GDL, the Doctor, or someone like the Bodyguard would interfere based on today's events.
I will prove I'm the SK and kill Deku if there's some percentage of doubt. I see why you might be wary, but you have to see the logic in that claiming SK when you're not the SK is quite frankly the worst tactic ever for a Townie or Mafia. Just trust the claim, lynch Kirino (the GF), I will kill Deku (hopefully he flips scum) and you guys can lynch me when you feel you need to.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Is there any one against the cop possibly claiming day 5 or 6?
That's 6-7 confirmed town. (If all cop targets live).
That's a large amount of confirmed town narrowing down the list on who could be mafia.

Far fetched? Lol its very, very far fetched and you're simply over complicating things. Think of me claiming as helping Town because I'm going to die anyway. If you don't want to cooperate then it really puts you guys at a disadvantage.

Never said I wasn't going to cooperate, simply pointing out every scenario that could theoretically be possible, regardless of whether or not it's "over-complicating" things. You of all people should know that there's a very select group of people that play mafia on this site that are able to successfully pull off a fake-claim and actually get a very significant portion of success done for their respective win conditions, and that you should never take someone's word at face value when it comes to these people. Call me paranoid, I call myself being cautious because I know what to expect from certain others.

But if you're going to throw away the game and help us, I guess all I can say is thanks. :)

If Deku is indeed still alive by tomorrow by any means that could be possible, it's easily remedied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom