• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have a suggestion...How about giving us the option to have more than five pics in our siggy. I can't even have smileys there because they count as pictures. I had to get rid of my story banners merely to place my GKA. Perhaps extend it to ten at least, but with a rule where we can only use the other pics in the spoiler. Just a suggestion.

Clank

Hmm
I have a suggestion...How about giving us the option to have more than five pics in our siggy. I can't even have smileys there because they count as pictures. I had to get rid of my story banners merely to place my GKA. Perhaps extend it to ten at least, but with a rule where we can only use the other pics in the spoiler. Just a suggestion.

Uhh, because people still have slow internet and many pictures at all tend to make pages load really slowly. It's already bad enough with almost every single signature having at least one large image...

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Uhh, because people still have slow internet and many pictures at all tend to make pages load really slowly. It's already bad enough with almost every single signature having at least one large image...

Is it my fault that other people have slow internet? No. Will more pics be allowed in our siggies. No.

Fig

The Altruist
Is it my fault that other people have slow internet? No. Will more pics be allowed in our siggies. No.

Clank does have a point as not everyone will have the best internet every single time they log in. Sometimes it will work great and other times it will flat out just not cooperate at times. You can technically bypass the image count by making the pictures as a link. You may not control one's internet, but the least you should be considerate to others. Also if you really have a problem with emotes being used a picture either 1. Disable emotes so that it doesn't count or 2. Simply don't use emotes in your signature. I really don't see the point of using an emote in one's signature to begin with as I'm certain images and banners are more important. Last time I checked you only had three stories and if you don't use the emote, then you have just enough leftover images to use for your banners. It's not that hard to compensate is all I'm saying.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

It's not your fault, but as this is a public website, Locke and the other head staff have to take things like internet speed into consideration to provide a good experience for the vast majority of people who visit the site.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Clank does have a point as not everyone will have the best internet every single time they log in. Sometimes it will work great and other times it will flat out just not cooperate at times. You can technically bypass the image count by making the pictures as a link. You may not control one's internet, but the least you should be considerate to others. Also if you really have a problem with emotes being used a picture either 1. Disable emotes so that it doesn't count or 2. Simply don't use emotes in your signature. I really don't see the point of using an emote in one's signature to begin with as I'm certain images and banners are more important. Last time I checked you only had three stories and if you don't use the emote, then you have just enough leftover images to use for your banners. It's not that hard to compensate is all I'm saying.

I actually had like four or five story banners in my spoiler. Maybe four, but I had plans to keep adding more. But anyway, I don't see how it would hurt peeps with slow internet if the pictures were allowed within the spoiler, not outside; the images within don't load up.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I actually had like four or five story banners in my spoiler. Maybe four, but I had plans to keep adding more. But anyway, I don't see how it would hurt peeps with slow internet if the pictures were allowed within the spoiler, not outside; the images within don't load up.

Actually, this is wrong. Things in spoiler tags are all loaded at the same time, it just uses display: none; so everything is already loaded before you open the spoiler tag.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Archangel said:
Perhaps extend it to ten at least, but with a rule where we can only use the other pics in the spoiler. Just a suggestion.
I think extending it by ten is a bit much, but I would like to see an extension as to how many pictures we can display. I'd like it to be at at least 6 or 7, but again I'd say that 10 is pushing it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Unfortunately it cannot distinguish between images and emotes. The limitation options are very limited. I'm going to keep it at five for now. There are some limited ways around it, such as combining or rotating/cycling images.

There is no character limit for any usergroup, and HKs have the same image limit as any other usergroup.

Mods have a limit of 100 images, and webmasters/admins are unlimited. Community Coordinator and Article Admin are limited to 4. Site staff and Article Writers have a limit of 7.

Ganondork

goo
Mods have a limit of 100 images, and webmasters/admins are unlimited. Community Coordinator and Article Admin are limited to 4. Site staff and Article Writers have a limit of 7.

lol why does Article Writer have a higher limit than Article Admin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom