• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well, I roleblocked Kirino last night. However, something tells me it was the Mafia RB that got the SK, not me. After all, my character does not have wings. And if you wanna know why Kirino it was because I found the last minute vote to sway things against Fig scummy. I would've done somebody else, but no one suggested anyone so I went with my own suspicion/instinct.

Pen

The game is on!
Hmm... I had expected all of the smash veterans to have some sort of Power Role. Apparently I was wrong.

Well, I roleblocked Kirino last night. However, something tells me it was the Mafia RB that got the SK, not me. After all, my character does not have wings. And if you wanna know why Kirino it was because I found the last minute vote to sway things against Fig scummy. I would've done somebody else, but no one suggested anyone so I went with my own suspicion/instinct.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and it also makes me pretty trustworthy of you (not entirely but somewhat). So, this would mean that the Mafia now knows who the Serial Killer is. If that is the case, then if we do not lynch the SK today (which we probably will not), then the Mafia is most likely going to kill the SK tonight (which in my opinion would be fortunate for all of us (well, except the SK of course)).

Vote: PokaLink

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Remaining Factions(3):
Town: 14
Mafia: 5
Third Party: 2

Vote Count:
PokaLink(1) - Pendio
Not Voting(20): Justac00lguy, Big Octo, LittleGumball, Kirino, AvatarFlygon, Blackkirby, DekuNut, musicfan, Mellow Ezlo, Sydney, Go_Dark_Link, Firice da Vinci, ~Mizuki~, Viral Maze, Thareous, Stitch, Heroine of Time, Celeboy, Ver-go-a-go-go, PokaLink
With 21 people alive, it takes 11 votes for a majority lynch. The day will end at 11:59:59PM EST on Monday, August 18th.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
That's a ton of Mafia... Hopefully this doesn't hearken back to Dragon Ball Z Mafia in the end.

is there any reason to not keep GDL around?

Well, after what Go Dark Link said above, it shifts my perspective. Originally he seemed to somehow know who the SK was and targeted them to lessen the chances of them getting killed. In the Mafia's eyes, eliminating fused might have been far more advantageous to cover for themselves. With 5 Mafiosos lurking about, it's pretty safe to say that one of them is Mafia Role Cop, which, in addition to their huge numbers, puts Town at a serious disadvantage. Especially if they have a Roleblocker, too, which made a terrifying combination at Night in most of the game in Members Vs. Mods. Ironically, in that game I was the Mafia Role Cop and Go Dark Link was the Mafia Roleblocker, so my background with him makes me a little wary, although it present that caution is starting to soften.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It's a lot, but statistically it's a good number. Mafia is supposed to be 1/4 or 1/5 of the players (depending on how much third-party there is). With a 25-person game, a fifth of the people would make 5 mafia members, so it's not that bad.
Anyway, it seems that Mafia RBer is confirmed. Great.
And Thar? Good thinking on who that RBer must be. People do keep forgetting that everyone is wearing cloaks, but I still see your point. Maybe not Falco.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Town: 14
Mafia: 5
Third Party: 2

? Why are we seeing this?

Probably someone's night action/power.

With 2 3rd party players on Day 3, we can assume there is no cult, and the other player (beside the SK) is probably a survivor. In which case, its in your best interest to scum-hunt, bro, lest we lynch you for doing nothing and waste our time and yours.

Okay,

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
That's a ton of Mafia... Hopefully this doesn't hearken back to Dragon Ball Z Mafia in the end.

The Dragon Ball Z Mafia had 18 players and 6 mafia members. 12 non mafia to 6 mafia. That's 1/3rd. Comparatively, this game has 25 players and 5 mafia, or 20 non mafia to 5 mafia, which is only 1/5th. A typical game has 4 mafia and 20 players, or 16-4, which is also 1/5th. That was my original set up before I got 5 extra players. I calculated that Jenn's game could have been finished in 2 days. Comparatively, mine is on its 3rd day and there's still 21 players left, more than a typical mafia game. This is a very good ratio in my opinion.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This makes a lot of sense to me, and it also makes me pretty trustworthy of you (not entirely but somewhat). So, this would mean that the Mafia now knows who the Serial Killer is. If that is the case, then if we do not lynch the SK today (which we probably will not), then the Mafia is most likely going to kill the SK tonight (which in my opinion would be fortunate for all of us (well, except the SK of course)).

Why? You gave no reasons. You didn't even vote for him yesterday. You voted for Music.

Probably someone's night action/power.
That would make sense. Probably a 1- or 2-shot.

Okay,
You also didn't vote for Poka. You were on the Fig lynch. Why jump onto voting for him because of Pendio?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Well, after what Go Dark Link said above, it shifts my perspective. Originally he seemed to somehow know who the SK was and targeted them to lessen the chances of them getting killed. In the Mafia's eyes, eliminating fused might have been far more advantageous to cover for themselves. With 5 Mafiosos lurking about, it's pretty safe to say that one of them is Mafia Role Cop, which, in addition to their huge numbers, puts Town at a serious disadvantage. Especially if they have a Roleblocker, too, which made a terrifying combination at Night in most of the game in Members Vs. Mods. Ironically, in that game I was the Mafia Role Cop and Go Dark Link was the Mafia Roleblocker, so my background with him makes me a little wary, although it present that caution is starting to soften.

I don't see how this answers my question. My question was "is there a reason to not keep GDL" and you're theorizing about mafia roles. Do you think he's lying about his alignment and/or character, is that what you're saying?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I don't see how this answers my question. My question was "is there a reason to not keep GDL" and you're theorizing about mafia roles. Do you think he's lying about his alignment and/or character, is that what you're saying?

My last statement answered that; everything before was an elaboration.

Simply put, though, I think it's a possibility he could be lying, one which I'm not going to discount. I acknowledge full-well that he could be using a prominent Town role to hide behind, and that he might be a Roleblocker for the Mafia. That said, I think that Cop should investigate him Tonight.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
My last statement answered that; everything before was an elaboration.

Simply put, though, I think it's a possibility he could be lying, one which I'm not going to discount. I acknowledge full-well that he could be using a prominent Town role to hide behind, and that he might be a Roleblocker for the Mafia. That said, I think that Cop should investigate him Tonight.

so this part is all you needed?

my background with him makes me a little wary, although it present that caution is starting to soften.

:P

I have another question (that isn't necessarily limited to you), if he's the mafia roleblocker, then why hasn't the town roleblocker stepped up to say that he's the "other" roleblocker, or why didn't the town roleblocker block him?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I have another question (that isn't necessarily limited to you), if he's the mafia roleblocker, then why hasn't the town roleblocker stepped up to say that he's the "other" roleblocker, or why didn't the town roleblocker block him?

Maybe there isn't a Town Roleblocker. That is always a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom