• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Clans

Salem

SICK
I have an idea if this comes into fruition.

You have 6 clans all based off the elements present in the Zelda series: Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit and Light. So basically they're all related to the different Sages and each clan badge would have that special symbol.

**I'm fully aware this isn't solely a Zelda forum, but a very large portion of it is, plus it's still called "Zelda Dungeon", so it makes perfect sense for this to be something Zelda related.
I agree that they don't have to be called clans or something but 6 is too much?

Perhaps three, Power Wisdom and Courage?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I agree that they don't have to be called clans or something but 6 is too much?

Perhaps three, Power Wisdom and Courage?
Honestly I feel 6 is a good amount. Having three groups seems like it will be a forced grouping. More groups means more Individuality in my opinion.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Or just allow users to start their own clans?

If you want to start a clan, for example, send a request to Locke/AliT/etc. And if they approve it they can create it. It would be a good idea to set a rule that to start a clan you need a minimum amount of users willing to join (say 10).
It would be more of a clan if you can create one with most of the users you hang out with than if you're just randomly thrown in a group. Oh, and i also don't think people should be able to join more than one group.

Pen

The game is on!
Oh, and i also don't think people should be able to join more than one group.

I agree with this. ^^

If people think that three is too few or that six is too many, then perhaps the four classic Water, Earth, Fire and Air could be an alternative? It's not Zelda related, I know, but maybe it doesn't necessarily have to be. Anyway, if we're choosing between three and six, I'd definitely prefer the six suggested by JC.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
We could always eliminate the element of light and just have 5 clans if 6 seems to much for the current active members. My only argument for why there should be more is that I feel it will give more of a distinct identity to each group rather than just picking for the sake of picking.

My only other idea would be custom clans. This would give more of a customisation element where you have the members creating their own clan, their own name, and their own user badge.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Yeah, I agree with Mercedes that the races in Zelda could be good names.
Zora Clan
Minish Clan
Hylian Clan
Sheikah Clan
Mogma Clan
Kokiri Clan
Gerudo Clan
Goron Clan
+ others that I've forgotten
That's quite a few examples though, it'd probably have to be narrowed down.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Yeah, I agree with Mercedes that the races in Zelda could be good names.
Zora Clan
Minish Clan
Hylian Clan
Sheikah Clan
Mogma Clan
Kokiri Clan
Gerudo Clan
Goron Clan
+ others that I've forgotten
That's quite a few examples though, it'd probably have to be narrowed down.

Lorulian and Twili are two which I can think to add onto that list, dunno what else though, hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom