• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Since I don't think this really got looked at, I'm going to try again:

Why is there a character limit when writing PMs? I've recently found that I've needed to exceed this 10,000 limit on more than one occasion. Is there a way to increase it at all?

Also, is there perhaps something that can give us an option to toggle the date settings to display as dd/mm/yyyy instead of the current mm/dd/yyyy?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Since I don't think this really got looked at, I'm going to try again:

Also, is there perhaps something that can give us an option to toggle the date settings to display as dd/mm/yyyy instead of the current mm/dd/yyyy?
I'd also like to see both of these suggestions looked into. I have also encountered problems with PM character limits.
Also the system American of MM/DD/YYYY is odd and confuses me all the time. Small (Day) >>> Bigger (Month) >>> Biggest (Year) has always seemed more logical to me (I know the forum doesn't dictate this in America, just a thought :P).

The PM thing is easy. It's in the ACP under Options -> Private Messaging Options. It should definitely be increased to at least 30,000. The database will support up to 16,777,215 characters (pmtext field is a mediumtext).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
raised PM char limit to 30k. that first censor mod is awful, and the second doesn't do quite what we want. If I understand it correctly, you can specify usergroups to not have their words censored (i.e. everyone sees them uncensored), rather than specifying usergroups to not view censored words (no matter who posted them).

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I am going to make a post that really speaks to Mandy's point on the Mod Chats. I have been recently informed, not naming any names, that there is only one non-staff in the Skype mod chat right now. I know who it is, but out of respect for this person, and before they think I have an issue with them, I deeply respect them as one of the best members on the forums, I will not mention their name. All of the staff members and this person know exactly who I'm talking about.

I'm fully aware of the reason why this person was added to the chat, but ultimately they were not promoted and have been in this chat for a long time. I think it's ridiculous that someone who is not a staff member is allowed in the chat if you ask me, and I think they should be removed. I know this user is going to think I am overreacting, but I think it's unfair to have non-staff in the mod chat and I think others agree with me.

I am going to make a post that really speaks to Mandy's point on the Mod Chats. I have been recently informed, not naming any names, that there is only one non-staff in the Skype mod chat right now. I know who it is, but out of respect for this person, and before they think I have an issue with them, I deeply respect them as one of the best members on the forums, I will not mention their name. All of the staff members and this person know exactly who I'm talking about.

I'm fully aware of the reason why this person was added to the chat, but ultimately they were not promoted and have been in this chat for a long time. I think it's ridiculous that someone who is not a staff member is allowed in the chat if you ask me, and I think they should be removed. I know this user is going to think I am overreacting, but I think it's unfair to have non-staff in the mod chat and I think others agree with me.

Yeah I agree, it's pretty ridiculous that they've been in there so long and weren't promoted.

Jamie

Yeah I agree, it's pretty ridiculous that they've been in there so long and weren't promoted.

I personally think that the person in question (now we're just getting silly haha) should be promoted. But if they aren't going to they shouldn't be there.

Jamie

I'm glad Locke has consistently addressed the numerous posts regarding the recent administration, and I haven't found myself asking him to do it because he skipped over them even once. Great job, Locke! I don't feel my opinions are completely disregarded at all. Due to Locke's helpfulness, I feel like a contributing member of the community.

If you didn't notice, this was entirely sarcastic.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm glad Locke has consistently addressed the numerous posts regarding the recent administration, and I haven't found myself asking him to do it because he skipped over them even once. Great job, Locke! I don't feel my opinions are completely disregarded at all. Due to Locke's helpfulness, I feel like a contributing member of the community.

If you didn't notice, this was entirely sarcastic.

I don't know Rep. I have no idea what is going on in Locke his real life. Maybe he is busy with other things? I have no clue to be honest. Or maybe he thinks your questions already have been answered? I wish I could help you out though.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Can we ditch the Member userbadge in the postbit? I'd rather have my usertitle and avatar meet without something in between them I can't get rid of.

It can be relocated in the postbit, that has been played with before.

I don't know who else was interested in this, though it doesn't impact me any more since I got a badge. Not sure how moving it around would have turned out, but thanks for telling me about it anyway.

date/time format selection added. settings -> general settings -> date & time

Thanks a lot for this, I've been meaning to ask for a while. I'm still going to have to type out dates in posts though, such as writing "October 4th" instead of 4/10 or 10/4, because that just confuses people. :bleh:

Last edited:

Jamie

I don't know Rep. I have no idea what is going on in Locke his real life. Maybe he is busy with other things? I have no clue to be honest. Or maybe he thinks your questions already have been answered? I wish I could help you out though.

Well apparently he told a few people that he goes on mario kart 8 for 4 hours a day so there's that. Thanks though Vanessa.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff

Good reason not to have only one admin. It's a very bad idea to have only one, no matter their qualifications, because it's too high of a load to realistically put on one person. Face it, Locke ignores issues he finds uncomfortable. There's no point denying it, he does it. He only addresses forum issues that are not controversial or heated at all and disregards all else. This is irresponsible when you're the only admin. If, however, there were two or more, each admin would have more freedom to focus on their comfort zone. Instead of making excuses for disregarding things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom