• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oox Placement

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
ok before the massive wipeout i had a thread debating where OOX was placed. Now their was two different theories

AT
after dieing in OOT they say that they will come back to haunt you. Maybe later they do come back

CT
Due to twinrova not dieing they are still ganondorfs minions and probably after ganondorf dies and then later in another game (most likely ALTTP )ganon dies so then Twinrova decide to try and ressurect him.

Now i thought of some more facts of where it should go. Well link doesnt know Zelda meaning it is probably a new link. Also OOX must come after a game where the triforce is one because in the opening sequence the triforce is one.
Another is that in the opening sequence Link is rushing for Hyrule Castle so could he have been gone for along while and been rushing to see if their was something wrong and if so could he have been gone for so long due to LA

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've seen some very interesting theories for an AT OoX.

1. It could explain the origin of the Trident. FSA's BS says that the Trident was a tool used by an ancient demon. Perhaps Ganon's essence was tied to his trident when he was resurrected, and when he was killed it became the Trident of Power, as it contained his power. This requires OoX to be placed before FS, probably before MC.

2. It could explain the recurrence of the Master Sword on the AT. I don't remember the details (never played it), but the Master Sword is found and reforged or something in the linked game. Perhaps it doesn't remain on the bottom of the sea after all? This allows LttP to be placed on the AT. This requires OoX to be placed after the FSS, as there is no MS in those games.

3. ...There was a third one. I just forgot it.

Though you'll notice that these two theories contradict each other. I think both of them are examples of bending the games to fit preconceptions, which is a no-no in timeline theorizing. OoX should be placed on the CT.

Pinecove

Last Chance
1. It could explain the origin of the Trident. FSA's BS says that the Trident was a tool used by an ancient demon. Perhaps Ganon's essence was tied to his trident when he was resurrected, and when he was killed it became the Trident of Power, as it contained his power. This requires OoX to be placed before FS, probably before MC.

...yeah about that. After numerous translations, it wasn't "an evil spirit" that lurked in the Trident. The Trident simply contained some evil powers that transforms whoever uses them into the Yami no maou or "Demon King of Darkness".

2. It could explain the recurrence of the Master Sword on the AT. I don't remember the details (never played it), but the Master Sword is found and reforged or something in the linked game. Perhaps it doesn't remain on the bottom of the sea after all? This allows LttP to be placed on the AT. This requires OoX to be placed after the FSS, as there is no MS in those games.

Noncanon sword is Noncanon.
To put it simply there are just to many ways it can be obtained.

OoX should be placed on the CT.

Agreed.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
...yeah about that. After numerous translations, it wasn't "an evil spirit" that lurked in the Trident. The Trident simply contained some evil powers that transforms whoever uses them into the Yami no maou or "Demon King of Darkness".
Ah, thank you. That puts my mind at ease on that subject. Though it was still used by an ancient demon, right?
I'm not ready to form an opinion on the MS yet, as I have not played the game. I suppose I'll just assume it's noncanon (as it doesn't reflect any significance in my current timeline) until I play it and decide otherwise.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
so then what is the final decision on OOX's placement? Is it On the Ct somehwere after ALTTP/LA
because that to me makes the most since

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Somewhere on the Child timeline.
Personally I place it after TP.

now why is that because in TP the triforce is not back together so OOX couldnt happen

I place it after LOZ and AOL because in LOZ link gets two of the pieces of the triforce and in AOL he gets the third showing that the triforce is together.

Pinecove

Last Chance
now why is that because in TP the triforce is not back together so OOX couldnt happen

The Triforce isn't together in OoX either. ;)

I place it after LOZ and AOL because in LOZ link gets two of the pieces of the triforce and in AOL he gets the third showing that the triforce is together.

But in AoL, the Triforce pieces are assembled and put together in the north castle and in OoX the Triforce pieces are separated and in Hyrule castle.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
The Triforce isn't together in OoX either. ;)

But in AoL, the Triforce pieces are assembled and put together in the north castle and in OoX the Triforce pieces are separated and in Hyrule castle.
well in AOL Link is trying to require the third piece because he has already got the first 2 from LOZ. Then from here is only guess work because in the beginning of OOX link is riding towards Hyrule castle. Maybe he is going to lay the triforce in one place together and when he does the triforce sends him onto his adventure. or he put it their a long time ago and then many years or so later feels a disturbance init and runs to it leading him to his adventure. Theyarent perfect but their what i got until here something that makes it fit better because OOX is pretty hard to place due to their being very few games on the CT that make the Triforce back into one piece

Edit: in the beginning of OOX in the cutscene you see Link walking up to the three pieces of the triforce showing it is together

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
well in AOL Link is trying to require the third piece because he has already got the first 2 from LOZ. Then from here is only guess work because in the beginning of OOX link is riding towards Hyrule castle. Maybe he is going to lay the triforce in one place together and when he does the triforce sends him onto his adventure. or he put it their a long time ago and then many years or so later feels a disturbance init and runs to it leading him to his adventure.
Except OoX Link can't be the same as AoL Link.

Edit: in the beginning of OOX in the cutscene you see Link walking up to the three pieces of the triforce showing it is together
They're in the same place, but separated. Though I don't know the significance of that. Perhaps Pinecove can explain it to us both?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Except OoX Link can't be the same as AoL Link.

They're in the same place, but separated. Though I don't know the significance of that. Perhaps Pinecove can explain it to us both?

i think i put in the beginning of this thread that i thought that OOX Link was a new Link. Sorry i got mixed up but it could still work it just means that the new Link was called to the triforce and then warped to the adventure not AOL Link

Pinecove

Last Chance
The Triforce is re-united at the end of aoL and it complete: That is to say it's not in three separate pieces.

In OoX the Triforce is in 3 separate pieces.
At the end of TP The Triforce is in 3 seperate peices.

What game does the Triforce more closely relate to?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
The Triforce is re-united at the end of aoL and it complete: That is to say it's not in three separate pieces.

In OoX the Triforce is in 3 separate pieces.
At the end of TP The Triforce is in 3 seperate peices.

What game does the Triforce more closely relate to?
where in AOL do you see all three parts of the triforce together in one. Link only collects the triforce. In no part that i can think of do you see the triforce as one in AOL

Pinecove

Last Chance
The Triforce has to be one to make a wish. Link made a wish in AoL (to awaken the princess).
If A=B and B=C then A=C

Therefore the Triforce was together at the end of AoL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom