• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

1. I see that as actually taking care of pending moderation
2. I think the Writing forum is meant to be a serious place, and that was not the least bit serious. You can't even make the case that it was satire, because if it was, it was poor satire. And it does deserve to be a blog entry instead.
3. Profile violations were done in the past to members who made their profiles entirely white. It's a rule that simply wasn't enforced until now.
4. "Lord Vain talks to his ****. He calls it Blood Shadow and types with it," should certainly be an infraction. That is beyond inapporpriate.
5. I'm iffy on this, but his smug attitude that was reinforced with the :cool: emote is far from appropriate behavior.
6. I see that as, "Is done messing around and is actually going to enforce the rules."

People have been saying mods need to enforce the rules, but it's interesting because when it's actually done, people complain. You can't cry bias because Gobli is not associated with Kitsu, and Big Octo is also in his own group.

987329caac.gif

Beryllium said:
Hmm I think it is nothing more than fair to indeed give competition leaders who are non-mods more powers. That way it is easier for them to open/close stick/unstick their threads and able to hand out awards themselves without asking a mod everytime to do this.

I think this is probably a good idea. I know the the Hylian Knight usergroup has some administrative power when it comes to their own threads, and frankly, it'd probably prove more useful to competition leaders, event staff, and roleplayers.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
For the record, I actually did report Goblis post as I report many posts I find to be offensive. If I ever offend you I hope you report me as well as it is what the report button is for. This does not mean I wished for Gobli to be infracted or even warned. I simply followed the proper procedure is all.

Don't worry. Karma is a *****. :cool:

Dan

You can turn off showing signatures in your settings, actually. Unless you were looking to turn off the signatures of only a few select people?

Uh... I think she is right, I'm really sorry for lying to you JC. I hope you can forgive me in the future.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Don't worry. Karma is a *****. :cool:
As I clearly said, I never wanted you to be infracted or even warned. Threatening me certainly doesn't help your case.

Jamie

2. I think the Writing forum is meant to be a serious place, and that was not the least bit serious. You can't even make the case that it was satire, because if it was, it was poor satire. And it does deserve to be a blog entry instead.
I must have missed this rule. Afaik, writing that is created for humorous purposes is still considered writing. Why does it have to be serious? Saturday Night Live isn't serious but they still hire writing staff. Many YouTube Channels aren't serious but they would consider themselves writers.

I didn't realize not satisfying someone's personal preferences and expectations for something is against the rules.

Ganondork

goo
I must have missed this rule. Afaik, writing that is created for humorous purposes is still considered writing. Why does it have to be serious? Saturday Night Live isn't serious but they still hire writing staff. Many YouTube Channels aren't serious but they would consider themselves writers.

I presented the point wrong, no doubt. I think my real problem with it was your joke at another's expense and I found it in poor taste. It doesn't really even matter that the person who's the butt of the joke is a troll, it's rude nonetheless.

I thought "Like" communicates agreement more than "Yeah". I suppose in the sense that yeah = yes I'm wrong. But I always thought it was awkward to 'like' a post I didn't really like but thought was well-constructed.

I was also thinking of adding a "Nah" button as a way of gently expressing distaste toward a post without articulating as much in a new reply. No notifications or postbit counts. Think that's a bad idea? I certainly have misgivings.

Uhhhhhhhh..........no comment.

Jamie

I presented the point wrong, no doubt. I think my real problem with it was your joke at another's expense and I found it in poor taste. It doesn't really even matter that the person who's the butt of the joke is a troll, it's rude nonetheless.
Josh power Z responded to Kitsus blog which was a copy and paste of my post saying "this is cool". Also since when is a post at someone's expense not okay but a blog at someone's expense is okay? This is about post vs blog not about the meaning behind them.

Ganondork

goo
Josh power Z responded to Kitsus blog which was a copy and paste of my post saying "this is cool". Also since when is a post at someone's expense not okay but a blog at someone's expense is okay? This is about post vs blog not about the meaning behind them.

I am not a moderator, so I can't tell you why one is okay but the other isn't. I wasn't really a fan of either. And while Josh Power Z said it was cool, that's just anecdotal evidence that it was fine in one case, but not indicative of every joke at another person's expense. Some people are more sensitive than others.

Jamie

I am not a moderator, so I can't tell you why one is okay but the other isn't. I wasn't really a fan of either. And while Josh Power Z said it was cool, that's just anecdotal evidence that it was fine in one case, but not indicative of every joke at another person's expense. Some people are more sensitive than others.

I'm not a moderator either but I am almost 100% sure that Quaffler locked the thread because he believed it wasn't fit as a writing piece, not because he thought it was rude, otherwise he wouldn't have given me the green light to blog it. Tip: mods aren't always right, they make mistakes. Vee thought it was okay as a writing piece as she moved it to the Writing board. You are simply grasping at straws.

Also, could you please explain to me how my post could be thought of in any way as insulting? It was 99% not even about Josh Power Z, it was simply commenting on how his name reminded me of Dragon Ball Z. That's not at anyone's expense. Don't be silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom