• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Would You Like to See What Happens to Temples in Between Games?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How many of you think it'd be cool to find out what happens to temples and other structures in between games that have sequels. Games like SS, OoT, and TP. I think it'd be cool to find out what happens to the different temples in between games. I wouldn't want to go through the same temples again I just think it would be cool to find some ruins in the areas were temples should be so you at least know that the temple was once there.

Anyway how many of you also would like to start seeing this happen in the games?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't know. That's pushing the fanservice. It might work well as an Easter Egg for experienced players, like finding a crashed airship in SMW. It could be cool to see the ruins of a dungeon though, or even the origins. What if Link has to go under Lake Hylia and navigate ruined, collapsing, flooded tunnel that used to be the water temple? Or what if he has to dig under the sand to get to a buried Spirit Temple or Gerudo fortress? That would actually be a really cool touch. This concept could even be brought to reality much easier using the time shift stones from SS.

What if you even encountered a dungeon before it became one? What if you went to a mansion in the forest where four sisters live, and they turn out to be evil witches who try to kill you? Boom, origins of the forest temple revealed. Go to Lake Hylia and see a temple under the water but above the bed of the lake, boom! origin of the Water Temple revealed. Venture to Kakariko village and discover a twisted dungeon, ruled by an twisted Sheikah man with the Lense of
Truth. Boom! origin of the Shadow Temple.

It's easy to do, it helps tie the games together, and it rewards exploration. I'd love that. I'd like seeing the old dungeons hidden and not required to be found, just a random thing to find whether you can enter them or not.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I think it would be really cool if you could find the old ruins of temples from games that took place earlier on in the timeline, especially if it's just something that's there for you to stumble across as a little easter egg.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I never cared about what happened to the temples after Link showed up. But I did care about their how they got to be how they were, especially in OoT, The Forest Temple, for example. Sure, they say it was just Ganon that released the evil and stuff, but then why were the steps to the temple broken when Link was a child? Stuff like that makes me wonder...

Well the Temple of Time in the Sacred Grove was pretty cool, before I even got inside I could not figure out where the hell the light shining through the stained glass was coming from, then I finally got inside and since I hadn't gotten my mitts on OoT3D I thought it was an awesome effect. in fact I still do.

This idea has only been used effectively with the Temple of Time thus far adding continuity to the timeline and a sense of progression. The concept is only successful if paired with an iconic, reoccurring dungeon. Seeing the remains of a random one time dungeon is unnecessary unless done in a direct sequel. While this is an alright option to vaguely expand the lore, I prefer ihateghirahim's proposition of seeing the formation of a dungeon, adding a backstory to a fan favorite such as Ocarina's Forest Temple.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Would love to see that to some temples. What about The City in the Sky from TP before it went a ruin? The Arbiter's Grounds when it actually was a prison for Hyrule's most dangerous citizens? Stone Tower from MM when the whole land of Ikana wasn't already cursed. The possibilities are endless!

Fig

The Altruist
I think it would be really cool to see that kind of detail in a future installment in the Zelda franchise. It would be really nice to see the origins of dungeon prior or how it was formed in the first place. It would really add a layer of depth and continuity onto the franchise. Though it would seem inconsistent to add a previous temple and/or dungeon from a past game as that means that more holes could be added into the whole timeline aspect as having a dungeon appear again from a previous title . This is why it work as an easter egg with Skyward Sword with the six medallions from Ocarina of Time being hidden underneath the top portion of the Sealed Grounds. Much like ihateghirahim, I would rather prefer to see the origins or even the ruins of a temple and/or dungeon from a previous installment in the Zelda franchise. However with that said, I think this could only work with certain temple and/or dungeon that has made a lasting imprint on fans. So if a temple or dungeon had to be reused in another Zelda game, I think it has to be proper executed to allow fans to have that joy from seeing the such implementation in the game and still coincide with the game's theme.

Would love to see that to some temples. What about The City in the Sky from TP before it went a ruin? The Arbiter's Grounds when it actually was a prison for Hyrule's most dangerous citizens? Stone Tower from MM when the whole land of Ikana wasn't already cursed. The possibilities are endless!

Maybe the City in the Sky was originally the Palace of Winds? Or Skyloft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom