• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I'm wondering where Thar is though... isn't he still alive?

Observing, just like everyone else. Mainly I've been too engrossed by the Go Dark Link and Vergo argument to put forth my own thoughts; the outcome of that debate could have decided everything, but it ended in a stalemate of sorts.

As much as I want to believe Vergo, much of what he's said just comes off as overly convenient to me. He could be operating under the pretense of intending to prove himself Tonight while counteracting any suspicions against himself, as others had hypothesized. Additionally, why did he only choose to appear during the last bit of Night 4 and Today? Vergo stopped me from placing my vote on Justa, which would have ultimately cost the Town dearly, but what if he did so on the account of making himself appear Town? Remember the opposite end of the spectrum: Fig and Mido, the Town Lovers. Perhaps Vergo somehow knew of their roles, and decided to use my vote on Justa as a subtle means of getting them lynched instead.

So where would this place other prominent suspects for today? I guess that would make Big Octo and Atticus cult members, which somewhat makes sense because they haven't actively taken part in game-breaking events. And come to think of it, maybe Vergo also saw the opportunity to use the Fig/Mido lynch as a way to frame Big Octo and Atticus, and gain support from Pendio for the following Day (Lylo).

While I'm on that mark, speaking of Pendio...

Personally, I have chosen to trust in JC’s and Heroine’s role claims. I have also chosen to trust Deku because he is a Doublevoter. That leaves five players for me: Bocto, Vergo, Thar, Atticus and GDL. Four out of these five are the remaining Mafiosi, and the fifth one is the Cult Leader. [...] My gut is telling me that Vergo is the Cult Leader and that the remaining players (Bocto, Thar, Atticus and GDL) are the Mafiosi of this game.

Where does this leave you then? Whether the situation is based on a personal perspective or gut feeling, don't forget that you're considered a suspect [by some] too.

Pen

The game is on!
Where does this leave you then? Whether the situation is based on a personal perspective or gut feeling, don't forget that you're considered a suspect [by some] too.

Of course. The main reason I shared that with you was to ensure my thoughts would not go to waist in case we manage to lynch scum today and I end up getting night killed by the Mafia before day 6 starts. So basically, what I wrote is not specifically relevant right now, since I could (from your perspective) still be scum. But in the event that I die, perhaps it could be useful.

So tell me Heroine, Vergo, Bocto, Thar, Atticus and GDL, who would you like to vote for today?

EBWODP:

The main reason I shared that with you was to ensure my thoughts would not go to waist in case we manage to lynch scum today and I end up getting night killed by the Mafia before day 6 starts.

*waste

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ver-go-a-go-go said:
Perhaps Vergo somehow knew of their roles, and decided to use my vote on Justa as a subtle means of getting them lynched instead.
This is the one thing that bothers me about Vergo, it was easy for him to act like this knight in shining armour within that specific situation. However, if that is the case, then I don't know why he would vote for me in the first place and put all that effort into lynching me. Although, I've seen Vergo put that much effort into looking pro town before. This is why I don't trust him and I won't until his role is revealed.

I still think it would be a risk to actually vote for him though given that others are more likely the better options.

EBWODP
The more I think about how this game is playing out, it's likely that each Mafiso could turn against each other in order for them to win. Think about it, the odds are heavily against the today and they're obviously trying to figure out who is going to take the bullet. I'd look for any signs of this in-game. Also remember that, in death, Mafia will try and frame others and argue with their counterparts to throw us off guard.
---

More EBWODP
I've looked through Alit's posts and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed his night 3 target to two people: Thareous and @icus - at least one of these scum I'm more than 100% sure. Remember, Alit hit scum on that night.

Case 1 (@icus):

A Link In Time said:
Has anyone also noticed that Atticus has made several posts simply asking what's going on? Maybe I'm reading too deep into this knowing she's busy with preparing for exams in real life, but her latest post questioning the votes on Keith, the first real post she's made in awhile seems unnerving.

FoS: Atticus

Then again, I don't want to sound hypocritical because something like this happened to me recently in Pirates 2 where people thought the timing of one of my early posts looked suspicious when in reality I was a town power role. It's just something to keep in mind.

He questions @icus' convenient timing of posts, but also relates to her situation in the fact that he has done this before (most notably in Pirates 2 were he was the Vig). So this is one of those FoS were he isn't fully suspicious.

Case 2 (Thareous):
A Link In Time said:
The problem is as JC suggested yesterday with Fig, you note the lack of alternative lynch options, yet fail to present one yourself. Someone needs to take the initiative and in a game that has been fairly passive thus far, a no lynch or another haphazard inactive kill wouldn't get us far. I agree about proceeding with caution since no mafia members are dead yet, however, we can't just sit around doing nothing either.

Also, is that a softclaim I detect?
Acknowledges some of my suspicions and also takes notice of Thar's softclaim. I have looked back at previous games wer the Alit had a power role, mostly Pirates 2. He seems to pick targets who he's wary of and people that pose a threat to him. We have to so, even ho the decide if Alit chose Thar or @icus here. He either went with the player he was most suspicious of or the player he's most wary of. If I was put in his position of go for Thar simply because of the softclaim, something tells me that he wanted to know Thar's alignment so that he could trust him or eliminate him.

Anyway you guys will have to help me with this one thoughts?

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
JC I've literally already explained myself already, but no one in this game can wrap their head around that. Do you want me to quote myself or what?

EBWODP wow att

WAY TO BE REDUNDANT

ignore the already, already

;_;

ALREADY

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow so many spelling mistakes in my last paragraph, lol.

JC I've literally already explained myself already, but no one in this game can wrap their head around that. Do you want me to quote myself or what?
Huh? you can't justify who Alit chose on that night. He obviously chose you or Thar and it's up to us to decide who.

Ronin

Of course. The main reason I shared that with you was to ensure my thoughts would not go to waist in case we manage to lynch scum today and I end up getting night killed by the Mafia before day 6 starts. So basically, what I wrote is not specifically relevant right now, since I could (from your perspective) still be scum. But in the event that I die, perhaps it could be useful.

Fair enough.

So tell me Heroine, Vergo, Bocto, Thar, Atticus and GDL, who would you like to vote for today?

If it were up to me, I'd vote for Vergo on the same basis that has already been elaborated: Only showing in what could be the last part of the game. On top of that, he's been appealing to the "confirmed" players to join sides with him, in what could be a collaborative effort of lynching a Townie/Cultist to achieve triumph. And yeah, again, he stopped me from voting Justa out of the blue, but that cost us two extra Townies in advance, which is the main foundation of my suspicions towards Mr. Verg.

Also, what are the chances that scum could be hiding in with the "confirmed" players? If Vergo is Mafia, then that could account for one or two of his remaining accomplices.

This is the one thing that bothers me about Vergo, it was easy for him to act like this knight in shining armour within that specific situation. However, if that is the case, then I don't know why he would vote for me in the first place and put all that effort into lynching me. Although, I've seen Vergo put that much effort into looking pro town before. This is why I don't trust him and I won't until his role is revealed.

In order to pull something like that off, Vergo would have needed to know that you were the Tracker and Fig was a Lover. Of course, he started out suspecting you (for whatever; I forget), but then intervened whenever I suspected you, and effectively got rid of Fig and Mido while appearing Town. The only explanation for how he knew that you were the Tracker, aside from the softclaim, and Fig was the Lover is that Vergo either is the Role Cop or is in relation with them.

Case 2 (Thareous):

Acknowledges some of my suspicions and also takes notice of Thar's softclaim. I have looked back at previous games wer the Alit had a power role, mostly Pirates 2. He seems to pick targets who he's wary of and people that pose a threat to him. We have to so, even ho the decide if Alit chose Thar or @icus here. He either went with the player he was most suspicious of or the player he's most wary of. If I was put in his position of go for Thar simply because of the softclaim, something tells me that he wanted to know Thar's alignment so that he could trust him or eliminate him.

It's up to you whether or not you'll believe my softclaim, but I'd be willing to bet that Alit targeted me pretty early on (I mean, he always votes for me Day 1 xD); maybe on Night 1 or 2, and the softclaim caught him by surprise. I'd been dropping hints all the way through Day 1 and 2, until doing the softclaim Day 3, and the biggest problem that people seemed to have with my identity is that Axle used to be a mod. However, seeing as you're basically confirmed Town, you have to remember that Mandy was also a mod but isn't one in this game; she happens to be the most potent Power Role to fight against the Town. So now I'd guess that the claim's validity is the remaining issue.

For Case 1, though, I'd really want to know if Alit would get a Guilty result for targeting Cultists.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's up to you whether or not you'll believe my softclaim, but I'd be willing to bet that Alit targeted me pretty early on (I mean, he always votes for me Day 1 xD); maybe on Night 1 or 2, and the softclaim caught him by surprise.
Yeah I considered this, but Alit questioned you on that day - he wouldn't have of he knew you were Town as his suspicions would be put to rest.

Thareous said:
I'd been dropping hints all the way through Day 1 and 2, until doing the softclaim Day 3, and the biggest problem that people seemed to have with my identity is that Axle used to be a mod. However, seeing as you're basically confirmed Town, you have to remember that Mandy was also a mod but isn't one in this game; she happens to be the most potent Power Role to fight against the Town. So now I'd guess that the claim's validity is the remaining issue.
It not the whole ex mod thing that bothers me, but this game, the way the night scenes are going, it's obvious to see the alignments and the similarities to ZD. Axle still works with the mods (or did) so I don't see why he would join Ventus in the rebellion against the mods; it doesn't make sense. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm trying to follow the theme as if it was any other Mafia theme with how the characters/players fit into the story.

Ronin

Yeah I considered this, but Alit questioned you on that day - he wouldn't have of he knew you were Town as his suspicions would be put to rest.

Alit wasn't really "questioning" me so much as as he expressing surprise[?] toward the softclaim. I honestly don't know how to term his reaction. Was it astonishment? Apprehension? Consternation? Whatever the case, his statement "Do I detect a softclaim?" came in question form, but doesn't bespeak anything questioning toward my action. He would have added more to it if that were the case.

It not the whole ex mod thing that bothers me, but this game, the way the night scenes are going, it's obvious to see the alignments and the similarities to ZD. Axle still works with the mods (or did) so I don't see why he would join Ventus in the rebellion against the mods; it doesn't make sense. Of course I could be wrong, but I'm trying to follow the theme as if it was any other Mafia theme with how the characters/players fit into the story.

Axle wasn't even a mod when Ventus got himself banned, and he hasn't really worked with them (in the Article Center, in other words; dunno about the Mailbag, but that's main site property) for months prior to that incident. Moreover, the Night scenes themselves involve a lot of exaggerated and satirical occurrences based on forum politics. Therefore, I wouldn't count them as valid comparisons, at least as far as the dichotomy between actual events and the game's plotline goes. As far as I can tell, it was Draco and PK's objective to make a parodical theme that encompasses conspiracies and imaginary personalities of the characters in past years.

Lol, you guys do whatever you want. I can only type so many paragraphs and drop so many hints before I get bored and decide this isn't worth my trouble. I've already addressed all this crap pertaining to JC/Fig yesterday, and Thareous, consider yourself my final mafia suspect. I thought you trying to get JC lynched at the last possible minute yesterday, despite was seemed like a painfully obvious claim that was backed up, was incredibly suspicious. Big Octo, Atticus, GDL, Thareous - that's my list right now.

You don't have to trust me, that's fine. Just don't come crying to me later.

Big Octo

=^)

I'm fine for an Atticus lynch. I don't think town would "give up" as she did, considering it's LyLo. She did try to defend herself from JC, but that's the extent of her actually trying to save herself following the discussion between GDL and Vergo. Speaking of those two, in accordance to Deku's theory, I think a lynch on either of them would be fine as well.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Alit wasn't really "questioning" me so much as as he expressing surprise[?] toward the softclaim. I honestly don't know how to term his reaction. Was it astonishment? Apprehension? Consternation? Whatever the case, his statement "Do I detect a softclaim?" came in question form, but doesn't bespeak anything questioning toward my action. He would have added more to it if that were the case.
Meh I still think it's a bit of an assumption to say that he already investigated you; there are multiple people who he could have investigated on night one and two; however on night three it's between two targets in my opinion, I just don't know who.

Thareous said:
Axle wasn't even a mod when Ventus got himself banned, and he hasn't really worked with them (in the Article Center, in other words; dunno about the Mailbag, but that's main site property) for months prior to that incident. Moreover, the Night scenes themselves involve a lot of exaggerated and satirical occurrences based on forum politics. Therefore, I wouldn't count them as valid comparisons, at least as far as the dichotomy between actual events and the game's plotline goes. As far as I can tell, it was Draco and PK's objective to make a parodical theme that encompasses conspiracies and imaginary personalities of the characters in past years.
Still don't see how Axle would be against the mods, that doesn't make any sense especially considering some of the scenes and how they relate to the site.

Ver-go-a-go-go said:
Lol, you guys do whatever you want. I can only type so many paragraphs and drop so many hints before I get bored and decide this isn't worth my trouble. I've already addressed all this crap pertaining to JC/Fig yesterday, and Thareous, consider yourself my final mafia suspect. I thought you trying to get JC lynched at the last possible minute yesterday, despite was seemed like a painfully obvious claim that was backed up, was incredibly suspicious. Big Octo, Atticus, GDL, Thareous - that's my list right now.

You don't have to trust me, that's fine. Just don't come crying to me later.
Vergo I know you're frustrated by the lack of trust, but you have to see this from out perspective too. Trust is not something you can just flip a switch and aquire, hell, you didn't trust me despite my rather clear cut claim. I want to trust you, it's just that I have to keep my guard up just in case you this is a ploy.

---

The same suspects still stick out to me: Big Octo, @icus and Thareous (Pendio to a lesser degree); however I'm going to have to make a move since it seems like no one else is willing too. Yolo.

Vote: Atticus

justac00lguy said:
Vergo I know you're frustrated by the lack of trust, but you have to see this from out perspective too. Trust is not something you can just flip a switch and aquire, hell, you didn't trust me despite my rather clear cut claim. I want to trust you, it's just that I have to keep my guard up just in case you this is a ploy.

Yeah, I understand. I suppose my annoyance is only exacerbated far beyond what it would normally be in a different situation at this point because of the nature of lylow and how much is at stake.

I'm willing to lynch Atticus right now as well. I do want to wait for DekuNut, however, so we can make sure that he approves and not risk any alternative bandwagon being created should he choose another candidate.

Big Octo

=^)
Nobody's really made a move because if we're wrong, we lose. That being said, though...

If Att was town, she wouldn't be acting the way she is now. She'd be defending herself to the death. There's really no other explanation for her to be giving up during LyLo. Because if she dies, her scumbuds still have a few days to live.

Vote: Att

Pen

The game is on!
Alright. The moment of truth will soon be upon us!

Vote: Atticus

I am utterly hoping this is the right choice for the Town.

EBWODP:

Heroine, which role did you target on night 2? And who did you order them to target? Also, what response did you receive?

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Cats.jpg

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I hope we're right, but it's the best I have right now. RIP Atty.
VOTE: ATTICUS
And Ver? If you're scum and Atty isnt, I'm haunting your *insert forum-approved term here*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom