• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U - First Look

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
This game looks gorgeous! I'm definitely gonna get this game! Link looks awesome with a ponytail, gives him that young rebel look kind of.

Why is everyone calling the Fancy Arrow steampunk? It's clearly magical. Steam does not look like glowing blue energy.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
First Snake, now Link...seems like everyone's getting ponytails these days.

Anyway, I'm really hyped for this. Sure, I would have liked to see a more realistic Zelda, but that landscape was gorgeous. Also, and I know a lot of people think this may not be true, but I really think/hope that that was Link and that he's male. That's one convention I hope they don't get rid of :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
First Snake, now Link...seems like everyone's getting ponytails these days.

Haha, was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I'm really hyped for this. Sure, I would have liked to see a more realistic Zelda, but that landscape was gorgeous. Also, and I know a lot of people think this may not be true, but I really think/hope that that was Link and that he's male. That's one convention I hope they don't get rid of :)

Same, Aonuma is being a troll now and saying “no one explicitly said that that was Link,"

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Keep in mind Anouma said “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

http://n4g.com/news/1529627/producer-teases-that-might-not-have-been-link-in-the-wii-u-zelda-trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/75715/link-in-the-new-zelda-wii-u-might-not-actually-be-link

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/w...ews+Feed)&utm_content=FaceBook#When:01:30:00Z

This game looks gorgeous! I'm definitely gonna get this game! Link looks awesome with a ponytail, gives him that young rebel look kind of.

Why is everyone calling the Fancy Arrow steampunk? It's clearly magical. Steam does not look like glowing blue energy.

Magic also doesn't eject from a metallic device like booster jets.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, maye it's closer to 'futuristic' than 'Steampunk', BUT IT'S STILL FREAKIN' EPIC. It's what sold me on the game already! Not just 'cause it's Zelda, BUT BECAUSE IT'S FREAKIN' STEAMPUNK/MAGITECH ZELDA.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
my first impression of Links look was that he looked extremely similar to the CGI pitch that the Makers of TMNT made. Im wondering if they are gonna catch some flack for that. heres a pic comparison if you dont know what i mean!

zelda-cgi-movie.png

zelda2015.png

I also hope the outfit Link is wearing is early in the game al la WW. Cuz i dont know if i could stand playing as Link through a whole game with out the green Tunic! Just sayin!

Looking back...I think I see breasts. Not kidding. His/her chest seems...a little big.

sorry dude, im not seeing it, no bust what so every in the chest. Link is a Dude. Nuff said! they wouldn't go that far! and i think deep down you know that

Last edited:
Not what I thought i would see art wise.... But I am in love :D
The open world is going to be amazing, It almost looks like SAO meets LoZ. Is this Link or someone else... We did see a pony tail...
All I can think right now is were on the timeline this game will go... Any thoughs on that?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
my first impression of Links look was that he looked extremely similar to the CGI pitch that the Makers of TMNT made. Im wondering if they are gonna catch some flack for that. heres a pic comparison if you dont know what i mean!

zelda-cgi-movie.png

zelda2015.png

They look nothing alike... other than obviously looking like Link.

Well, The new graphic style was unexpected to me. I thought Nintendo would go to a more traditional non-cel-shaded darker style for sure. Seeing those bright colors really took me by surprise!
I'm not sure if I prefer this to the darker look I was expecting. I didn't really like the style of the tech-demo per say, but I had in my mind that realistic graphics was the way to go. Besides, the lightning in the demo were much more amazing, imo.

Besides personal opinion, though, I think the new style looks gorgeous, really artistic. It looks like a drawing! And again: those coloooours!!!
Maybe It will just take time to getting used to.

And about Link's look, it DOES look much more feminine than usual. But I don't think it is the hair's fault like some were saying. I think it is his new body. He is just so... petit...
Actually, I really liked his new hair! At least the front. I'm not that into the ponytail yet...

And I do think that this might not be Link. At least not the Link that we are used to. Maybe there will be character customization in this game, even the possibility to choose to choose your gender, which would explain Link looking like a girl.

Looking back...I think I see breasts. Not kidding. His/her chest seems...a little big.

Yeah... Now that you said it, I can kinda see room for breasts... Little Japanese schoolgirl-like breasts but breasts nonetheless.
Maybe in this game we can choose Link's gender?

This game's art style really doesn't surprise me in the least. I knew we weren't going to get something realistic, and Nintendo doesn't like to repeat art styles to often (except for toon Link, I liked him and all, whats up with that?), add a love of bright colors and you get something around this. I actually liked Skyward Swords color scheme better (it had very soft pastel feel) but so far I like this art style much better.

What I really loved about this teaser was that enemy! It looked amazing! It was creative and had a very steam-punky design. I hope this enemy will be an example of many great designs and not the exception to a bunch of terrible ones. Links design was cool too, he felt so smooth animation wise and his design felt very realistic in a way. Like the clothing, expression, and other ways I don't know how to explain, the movement of this trailer was just very well done in a way I can't put into words.

I'm excited about this game, I hope it lives up to my expectation.

I also don't see how Link looks like a girl, he just looks like an adolescent boy about 13 or 14 years old.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Pros: The artstyle. Holy smokes it looks gorgeous, kinda like a mix of SS and WW focused on the technologically-advanced Lanayru Desert region. Also, HECK YES, Steampunk Zelda finally here! I am SO looking forward to this.

Con: I'm not a big fan of the huge open-world design aspect, I find it's nearly impossible to create a strong & lasting central story while also allowing for almost total nonlinearity. Stories happen in a linear fashion, one event causes the next to happen in a planned order, and the ones that utilize this aspect best are the stories most remembered. That's what I loved so much about SS, and it saddens me that, out of all the things ZeldaU is taking from that game, the strong linear narrative isn't one of them. Also, huge overworlds remind me too much of Elder Scrolls, and that game bored me to tears because all the locations were the exact same. It's still too early for me to be bellyaching all that much though, and I may be completely wrong in the end, but all the same I am currently apprehensive about this aspect.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
Don't be that guy.
You dont want too be that guy! Anyways, the character does look feminen a lot. How the back arches on the horse and how slender the arms are and the faces does look female. Im not excited for a female link (im not sexist.) but having link as a male is good but having a female link might spice things up a bit. I hope nintendo doesnt mess with zelda too much. I hope its just the over world amd dungeons because having different characters too play as is alright for spin offs and side quests that arent really big. I cant wait for this game though! Im going too buy it day one!!

P.S. Thats not steampunk! It looks nothing like steampunk at all, steampunk doesnt have blue energy nor any thing of that kind. Its like the energy of the Lanayru region was discovered and utilized by all

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
im sorry i just dont see it guys, ive seen a lot of anime and know Japanese style, I almost KNOW its not a chick. but he is more feminine than normal. but in the end im pretty confident that it is Link. Thats just not something you change!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom