• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fate/Zero Mafia - War for the Holy Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
Gah, not my finest hour! :lol:

If I had only voted Draco Day 2 to prevent Mars's lynch, we could have helped the town later on! (Despite the win!) My odd fear of Draco really sent we lover down the drain! This means that Thar and Josh are still the undisputed lover champions of the world!

Good game to the town, mafia, and third party! Have some Jove!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Dude.

Avagon.

Couldn't you have, like... given up BEFORE you killed me? XD

Good game, everyone! ^^ That was quite a fun game! I am EXTREMELY disappointed that I died though. I was essentially a Survivor... All I had to do was live through that ONE night and I could have won, whether with Town or mafia. Town would have never lynched me after the fiasco with Pendio the previous day, so I could have just joined the first person to vote and won.

But nope. Avagon had to go ahead and kill me instead of getting rid of the confirmed Townie like I'd hoped. -.-

I'm guessing that had something to do with his inactivity. Let me just say, Avagon, that I was QUITE annoyed in the original draft of my response to your vote. XD I wrote like ten different versions of my reply to you in order to not sound so upset or scummy, haha. (Can you maybe try not to do that later? Just ask for a replacement if you're too busy; it kind of led to an anticlimactic ending here.) I was just soooooooo close to winning!

And hey, if you'd left me alive, we could have possibly won together! D:

I think I overdid it toward the end. If I was a real Townie, I don't think I would have minded being lynched quite so much; I assumed Pendio was the final mafioso, so I would have thought my lynch would simply prove his guilt. But knowing my win con demanded survival, I had to literally beg to remain alive.

Being third party is a TON of fun, though. Aside from being a cult member in LotR, I've never been third party. I think I enjoyed that more than being either mafia OR town. I felt so empowered, like I could decide who would win or lose. XD I'm not good at lying, so I'm bad at being mafia, and I'm not good at scumhunting, so this was a nice middle ground. And the added power of investigating deaths was fun, too. I knew there was a Poisoner in the game way before anyone else did. I should have realized it was Atticus after noticing both LG and Fused had been killed by the Poisoner, but oh well, haha. AND I should have realized that Pendio wasn't the last mafia. The character description of the killer didn't match Gilgamesh perfectly, especially the part about them wielding Black Key, but I thought nothing of it at first since I didn't know the series very well and was just going off of the wiki.

Thanks for the game, Thareous! It was really interesting with some fun, unique, and modified roles.
Highfive to LoTR.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Thanks for playing, everyone! I had so much fun developing the setup and afterwards watching everyone utilize the roles the way that they did. For the most part, writing the Night scenes was the most enjoyable aspect of my responsibilities. Yeah, a lot of details went into the Night scenes, but that's because I wanted to remain as consistent as possible to the actual series; using ambiguity wouldn't have worked nearly as well. I was secretly hoping that more of the Townie Servants would have survived long (Saber and Lancer, for example) so that I could use them more in the scenes; Kiritsugu turned out to be my favorite character, though. As far as modding went, my performance was a little shaky at the beginning, but I gradually grew into it.

Did anybody notice the Absorptive Godfather role that Dracomajora had? This is a role that I specifically created to spice up the game on the Mafia side. Whenever one of the Godfather's minions died, their abilities would be "absorbed" by him; this is the reason that Kybyrian wasn't able to kill Dracomajora during the Night, because Draco626/Berserker had died previously, and the Godfather had become Bulletproof. Had Gilgamesh also died, his Serial Killer/Roleblocker powers would have gone to the Godfather as well.

Lastly, about the oversight with Rachel's investigation towards A Link In Time... I'd forgotten that he was the Commuter, so the switch from "Guilty" to "No Result" was purely an omission on my part. And on top of that, I have an admission to make about a secondary oversight concerning Alit's role. Whenever I sent his role in, I accidentally marked Zōken Matō in the traditional Townie green and then sent the PM off. I only figured this out when Alit claimed to be Town, and checked back to find that I had indeed made a mistake, and had even given him the Third Party wincon. Regardless, the Town's victory is still solidified because there was one Townie and one Third Party member left.

Night actions will come some time down the line...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Did anybody notice the Absorptive Godfather role that Dracomajora had? This is a role that I specifically created to spice up the game on the Mafia side. Whenever one of the Godfather's minions died, their abilities would be "absorbed" by him; this is the reason that Kybyrian wasn't able to kill Dracomajora during the Night, because Draco626/Berserker had died previously, and the Godfather had become Bulletproof. Had Gilgamesh also died, his Serial Killer/Roleblocker powers would have gone to the Godfather as well.
I did, and I think it was pretty cool. It was new and probably something that may be stolen in future games. Not in mine of course (what character would work for that? Really?), but it's a great addition to the scum team.

Thareous said:

Lastly, about the oversight with Rachel's investigation towards A Link In Time... I'd forgotten that he was the Commuter, so the switch from "Guilty" to "No Result" was purely an omission on my part. And on top of that, I have an admission to make about a secondary oversight concerning Alit's role. Whenever I sent his role in, I accidentally marked Zōken Matō in the traditional Townie green and then sent the PM off. I only figured this out when Alit claimed to be Town, and checked back to find that I had indeed made a mistake, and had even given him the Third Party wincon. Regardless, the Town's victory is still solidified because there was one Townie and one Third Party member left.

The mafia may have been a bit overpowered compared to the town with an Absorptive Godfather and three power roles though I think it was wise to combine the mafia serial killer and roleblocker to shift some of that power away from the mafia's night actions. It was a well executed idea, and including a usurper made things more frantic.

As for me...so I was third party all along. That's cool I guess. Looking through the mafia quicktopic, then that begs the question would Avagon still have won if he had killed Dekunut instead of Heroine the last night or were you already counting me as town since you hadn't corrected the error before and notified me about it? It's not a big deal since the game obviously didn't play out that way, but I'm curious.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
As for me...so I was third party all along. That's cool I guess. Looking through the mafia quicktopic, then that begs the question would Avagon still have won if he had killed Dekunut instead of Heroine the last night or were you already counting me as town since you hadn't corrected the error before and notified me about it? It's not a big deal since the game obviously didn't play out that way, but I'm curious.

If Avagon had gone for Dekunut instead of Heroine then yes, he would have won either way. The objective (in this game, at least) was either to kill everyone on the side of the Mafia or most of the Townies until they were outnumbered by the other two groups. Third Party existed as a means of shifting the advantages between Town and Mafia; there was a role that couldn't be killed or investigated at Night, one that could tell how someone died, one that could kill someone the following Night, and one that gained powers by stealing. So, there was a lot of potential for it to work out in either favor. Even though you were mistakenly made a Townie with a Third Party wincon, you practically served the same purpose as the other Third Party members.

If Avagon had gone for Dekunut instead of Heroine then yes, he would have won either way. The objective (in this game, at least) was either to kill everyone on the side of the Mafia or most of the Townies until they were outnumbered by the other two groups. Third Party existed as a means of shifting the advantages between Town and Mafia; there was a role that couldn't be killed or investigated at Night, one that could tell how someone died, one that could kill someone the following Night, and one that gained powers by stealing. So, there was a lot of potential for it to work out in either favor. Even though you were mistakenly made a Townie with a Third Party wincon, you practically served the same purpose as the other Third Party members.

So even though I didn't know I was third party you still counted me as such, correct? In other words, if Dekunut had died instead of Heroine, would the mafia, Heroine, and I have won?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
So even though I didn't know I was third party you still counted me as such, correct? In other words, if Dekunut had died instead of Heroine, would the mafia, Heroine, and I have won?

Correct. Additionally, the color may have signified you as Town, but if you were meant to be one of them, then I would have called you the "Town Commuter". Coupled with the lack of that "Town" placeholder and your wincon, you were still Third Party above all.

Next time an oversight of this caliber happens, I'll immediately contact the player.

Kybyrian

All hail Thareous of the Mod class, King of Flavor!

I thought your night scenes were superbly written. I could argue with the style a little bit but I loved the fact that you threw in dialogue and really had deep interactions with clear-cut characters and situations in the night scenes. If only I hadn't been killed... I see that as a vast impossibility, though.

I should have killed Atticus. I'll admit I was wrong in buying her bluff, and could have probably prevented even another death. It was a hard decision so much that I was considering it most of the night period and forgot to even send in a PM at all. I'm never any good at vigilante, so I'm glad I could have at least been of SOME use this time. Looks like I never would have gotten a mafia kill, though, cause if I hadn't targeted Dracomajora because he was lynched instead I would have targeted Stitch, and it wouldn't have mattered either way haha.

These are my only regrets though... not completely formulating and posting my notes before I died and not killing Atticus. The town got along fine without them, though. I'm actually a little bit surprised that I was killed by the Mafia, but if I were in the same position I can guarantee I would have probably done the same thing. I try to instill bluffs like "the vigilante is more detrimental to the town than helpful to it, especially late game when a town death means everything," but it obviously doesn't work much. There's just that CHANCE factor in there that everyone hates so much. They see the probability as them bluffing their way through the end of the game as higher than anything. I'll admit that it's almost impossible to TRULY tell scum too. I guarantee you that any basis you have ever lynched any scum in any game on are courses of similar action that a legitimate townie have taken before, unless they were lynched for extraordinary circumstances like investigation results, nightkill misses (Draco), etc. That's why I'm always so nervous early game... there's hardly anything you can do to actually pin out Mafia. The only reason I would have known the last two Mafia is because I knew for sure the others weren't Mafia because solely of the actions they took on the day of Stitch's lynch. There aren't a lot of things you can do to give yourself away, but they have to be relatively concrete more so than just "yeah he's DEFINITELY acting scummy" because there's just no definitely about it.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
HEY HEROINE

WE HAD A THIRD PARTY BOND Y'KNOW

COULDA HAD SOME KINDA CODE **** LIKE

"HEY HEROINE I REALLY THINK RACHEL LOOKS LIKE A DELECTABLE TARGET WINK WINK NUDGE POKE STAB"

BUT NOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Gosh dangit. Avagon. If you had just killed the confirmed Townie like you were supposed to, we BOTH could've won! And ALIT too! We could have had a triple anti-town winners' party! :(

shut up, townie

no one needs your alive sass

WHO'S DEAD AND WITH ME????????????????????//////////////////

anyway gg mafia did well

srsly tho heroine???? third party????????????????????????????????
Sorry. I was too afraid of dying. :P Plus I thought you were mafia, soooo...

Sheik

:the:
Gosh dangit. Avagon. If you had just killed the confirmed Townie like you were supposed to, we BOTH could've won! And ALIT too! We could have had a triple anti-town winners' party! :(

...I blame myself completely for this loss. However, who says I was supposed to kill the confirmed Townie? Would that have helped me win? No. My lynch was inevitable, and I thought you were Town, so it didn't matter. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom