• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I have social anxiety disorder. I went to the epicenter of socializing—the mall. All I could hear were people judging me, and all I could see were people staring at me and laughing. Everyone was having fun being out with friends and all. Some random store clerks were trying to be nice to me or something, but I had no idea how to respond, so I said nothing. I am extremely jealous of those mall-goers and the lively, youthful store clerks and cashiers. This is what happens whenever I visit social gatherings. It's still a wonder to me that I am still able to hold a job in a moderately social environment such as a grocery store. Granted, I work in produce, away from most people, but I managed to survive the front end for quite a long while prior to my promotion.

I don't think I'll ever understand people. How do they make friends? How do they gain the trust of others? How is it they speak so easily and fluently to one another without choking up or having to gasp for air every two minutes? There was a time—long, long ago—when I had tons of 'friends.' I wish I knew what happened; this is something that I'll always try to remember.

I am very, very depressed.

I have social anxiety disorder. I went to the epicenter of socializing—the mall. All I could hear were people judging me, and all I could see were people staring at me and laughing. Everyone was having fun being out with friends and all. Some random store clerks were trying to be nice to me or something, but I had no idea how to respond, so I said nothing. I am extremely jealous of those mall-goers and the lively, youthful store clerks and cashiers. This is what happens whenever I visit social gatherings. It's still a wonder to me that I am still able to hold a job in a moderately social environment such as a grocery store. Granted, I work in produce, away from most people, but I managed to survive the front end for quite a long while prior to my promotion.

I don't think I'll ever understand people. How do they make friends? How do they gain the trust of others? How is it they speak so easily and fluently to one another without choking up or having to gasp for air every two minutes? There was a time—long, long ago—when I had tons of 'friends.' I wish I knew what happened; this is something that I'll always try to remember.

I am very, very depressed.

And most of the stuff the 'lively' do is all bullsh*t. I still have the same feelings at times (e.g. I'm worthless). I try to go in those places focused on what I need to do to get sh*t done, and not worry about what everybody else is thinking, but it's hard sometimes. Especially when you feel like crap (which of course you envy the happiness of everyone around you). Unfortunately there's no formula that I know of that can get you out of that state, but once I've started working towards my goals, then I slowly come back around, and feel rather manic. It's hard to stop when you start too. One productive thing I do leads to another. Though if I'm not careful, I'll fall back into a "sh*t" state.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
My mom needs to go to sleep. She's sitting in her chair falling asleep and still won't get up and go to bed. Grr.

Also, I need to finish a chapter. Hmm.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I'm a failure, I'll admit it. I can't do much but fail, but do you know what? I'm not gonna let that stop me, I'm gonna find a way that I can find some success in my life. There must be something I can do to help people, because that's all I've ever wanted to do: help people. It will be a long, dark, and bumpy road as it always has been, but somewhere I will find something of value in my life. Hopefully I don't hurt any more people on the way...

キラ

Yo!
Umm...I was just told that my dogs got out today, the gate was left open. They ran away from the house, and one got hit by a truck. And sadly he didn't make it.
That's so terrible... I know what it's like to lose a pet. Some people think lesser of them because "they're just animals" but I think of animals as equals. I love my pets as much as I love any human.

I am genuinely sorry for your loss. Very sorry.

And most of the stuff the 'lively' do is all bullsh*t.

I'm not exactly a social butterfly either but I don't believe that at all. Also, why the quotation marks?

キラ

Yo!
People on the internet are complete *******s.

I'd like to see what you'd really act like if you weren't behind a keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom