• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

(OLD) Contest Unfair Infractions Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterMMORPG

Indie Game Developer
There is a difference between calmly expressing your opinion and saying someone deserves to suffer for all eternity. The passive-aggressive ":)" doesn't help, either.

how else i can say they are taking risk of burning in hell forever seriously

how would you express it ?

i can't say they will live happily after because that is what i don't believe

and they are not saying what they don't believe . they are denying what i believe but i don't see it as harsh or offending that is why we are discussing

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
how else i can say they are taking risk of burning in hell forever seriously

how would you express it ?

One: Stop acting as if your religion has any more empirical evidence than someone else's.

Two: This is far more than just saying you disagree with someone because of Religion. The sentiments attached to "burn in hell" do not belong in a civilized debate :)

MonsterMMORPG

Indie Game Developer
One: Stop acting as if your religion has any more empirical evidence than someone else's.

Two: This is far more than just saying you disagree with someone because of Religion. The sentiments attached to "burn in hell" do not belong in a civilized debate :)

it is not far more at all. it is discussing. it is telling argument. i am just trying to make people just give it a think.

also do you know the definition of religion ? if you know you would also know that religion discussion can not happen without mentioning hell or heaven or after life

it is not far more at all. it is discussing. it is telling argument. i am just trying to make people just give it a think.

also do you know the definition of religion ? if you know you would also know that religion discussion can not happen without mentioning hell or heaven or after life

Terminus

By telling them they'll burn in hell :) ? That's not discussion, that's complaining because thir way of life conflicts with your religion, and you act like it's their fault that you get offended.

I have had several debates about religion with the subject only being mentioned tangentially, never used as a way to be rude to someone.

MonsterMMORPG

Indie Game Developer
By telling them they'll burn in hell :) ? That's not discussion, that's complaining because thir way of life conflicts with your religion, and you act like it's their fault that you get offended.

I have had several debates about religion with the subject only being mentioned tangentially, never used as a way to be rude to someone.

nope that is a part of discussion

we are discussing religion here and all major religions do have hell and heaven

ok so i want to ask it here

i got a warning because i mentioned the word "hell" while discussing religion in the mature section

this is the sentence i have written

although i got 3rd degree warning, now i feel mobbing and afraid of expressing my opinions

if we are not going to mention hell, after life while discussing religion

how can we discuss ? how can we discuss without consequences ?

I'll take this one:

Firstly, as I mentioned in your thread in MD, what you were issued was just a warning. That means it didn't contribute to your infraction total at all, and doesn't in any shape or form put you closer to an automatic ban due to those points. It acts merely as what the title suggests, a "warning", and is usually reserved for cases that aren't severe enough to warrant an actual infraction for the first time committed. This is why I'm hesitant to go in-depth to my reasoning in this thread, as its main purpose is to appeal for the reversal of actual infractions and points. If you wish to have more of a conversation via PM, I would be happy to have it with you.

Secondly, the reason the warning was issued was because it was interpreted by some to be a passive suggestion that they were going to "burn in hell forever". Note that it wasn't your using of the word "hell", or even your belief that a "hell" exists in some form or another. The concept of hell, what it means, and what it is exactly is an important conversation and topic that wouldn't be infringed upon; however the way in which you used it, as a method not for discussion but as a pseudo-personal jab at opposing rebuttals, is what earned the warning.

Please understand that this is not something major that should discourage you from posting your own opinions or beliefs within the boundaries of MD (hence just the warning), but rather just a guideline for you to be more careful when phrasing your arguments, and a method to remain sensitive and respectful to the beliefs of all forum participants.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
nope that is a part of discussion

we are discussing religion here and all major religions do have hell and heaven
You used a part of your beliefs to undermine us and treat us as lesser beings; you did it in a subtle way. You didn't have to tell us that we're going to burn in hell, you also didn't have to put a smiley face at the end to come off as condescending.

What if I were to say to you: "Good luck believing in a bunch of lies and your God doesn't exist :)". See how that comes off? In a debate you don't resort to attacking people in a passive aggressive manner and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate me saying that to you.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ok so i want to ask it here

i got a warning because i mentioned the word "hell" while discussing religion in the mature section

this is the sentence i have written

although i got 3rd degree warning, now i feel mobbing and afraid of expressing my opinions

if we are not going to mention hell, after life while discussing religion

how can we discuss ? how can we discuss without consequences ?

Your warning (?) is justified due to the tone of your post and the quality of it. Typically in the Mature Discussion section of the forums, replies to threads are given in a more sophisticated manner (at least they are most of the time, when they're not they're usually called out on, which is what happened to you). First of all, I'd recommend against using emoticons in the MD, purely so people don't think you're joking or trying to give sarcastic/rude replies. I can understand your point of view in this situation, as you were expressing your religious beliefs, however you could have worded your response much better.

To clarify, did you receive a warning or an infraction? The two are very different. If you received a warning, then there really shouldn't be a problem, but an infraction is different. I'm assuming "3rd degree" is the lowest, so the number of points you've accumulated won't put you close to a ban (you need 15 in order to receive a ban).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
He received a warning and NOT an infraction. It is as others already explained. It is not what you said but HOW you said it and in what way you meant it. Keep in mind on the internet things can be taken different than in real life. So what you might think is not a serious issue could be very serious to someone else. That's why MD in general is taken more serious and monitored more closely

Hello. I wanted to make my first post in the Community Area, but I did a bit of browsing before that. So, I have a question. The rules state that, at varying amounts of infraction points, a user will get banned. In that instance (the user being banned), how will they contest an infraction? Note: I am removing any notion of the user deserving the infraction -- this hypothetical situation is purely in the case of someone wanting to contest an infraction from the banned state.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hello. I wanted to make my first post in the Community Area, but I did a bit of browsing before that. So, I have a question. The rules state that, at varying amounts of infraction points, a user will get banned. In that instance (the user being banned), how will they contest an infraction? Note: I am removing any notion of the user deserving the infraction -- this hypothetical situation is purely in the case of someone wanting to contest an infraction from the banned state.
Banned users can click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and fill out the form. The user should select the "Account Problem" option and explain his or her case. I'll receive an email and can follow up from there, provided the user provides a valid email address.

Last edited:
Dear Kitsu,

You have received an infraction at Dungeon Gaming Network.

Reason: Inappropriate User Profile (2nd Degree)
-------
Hey there Kitsu, there's no need for the obnoxious profile background. You should know better than this, please change your background to something more user-friendly.

Best of regards,
Sir Quaffler.
-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. If you feel you have received this in error or unjustly, please report this PM and present your case to be reviewed by the moderation team.

All the best,
Dungeon Gaming Network

This is absolutely ridiculous. Quaffler, you are just looking for things to infract me for, just like when you infracted me for my blog. This is a bogus infraction and you know it.

Terminus

For those wondering, this is the "offensive" image in question. Sad excuse to further a personal vendetta.

YXOPj3w.png

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
This is absolutely ridiculous. Quaffler, you are just looking for things to infract me for, just like when you infracted me for my blog. This is a bogus infraction and you know it.

My only problem with your profile would be the GIFs and how fast they move (especially the header for VMs). There's nothing wrong with say, having an illegible profile. Nobody can ever read ALIT's blog, so why should Kitsu be infracted? (I'm not saying ALIT should be infracted, I'm just trying to make a point). I've received warnings/infractions for Sig violations (which in retrospect is reasonable), but this? I'm sorry, but if you're focused on infracting someone for "profile violations" when there are bull**** posters out there, then you're doing your job wrong. I don't think Quaffler is a bad mod, but this was a bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom