• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tye's Timeline

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
No. You put majors mask under Oot you don't specify where mm comes. In the opening of LA link is riding a boat so that goes on top. With Tp ToT is in runes so that should go before Lttp. so I disagree.

This was very hard to understand for the most part. Are you trying to say that LA has to be on the adult timeline because there is a boat in it? That is not a very strong argument. Just because there is a boat and water in the game does not mean it has to be post flood. I guarentee that there are still oceans on the child timeline even though the world wasn't flooded. If there wasn't large bodies of water on the child timeline then it would be hard for there to be much life at all.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
LA clearly has to be somewhere near ALttP, wether you try to fit OoX in the middle or not, that's your choice.
The game makes lots of references to ALttP and some subtler references to OoX(King Moblin, for example).

Also, minish cap should be placed BEFORE OoT, imo

Pinecove

Last Chance
^OoX can't come after ALttP due to titles such as Daimaou. :P

TMC comes on the AT is FS and FSA o but if everything is on the CT TMC should be first without a doubt.

True, but the ToP is no longer in Ganondorf when you pull the MS out of him. 99% of people agree that the ToP is the only thing that kept him alive when the sages tried to kill him. Take the ToP away from him and stab him with a sword, I think he will stay dead, even if you pull the sword. Without the ToP he is pretty much as mortal as any normal Gerudo.

I actually don't think that this is the biggest problem with this timeline. Remember Ganondorf is also impaled by the master sword at the end of WW. If this is a total Kill for Ganon/Ganondorf, the WW and TP have the be at the very End of each fork of the split timeline (and not on the same side). Now, we know that Silver Arrows are the only way to really kill Ganon (I intentionally left Ganondorf off here). So, Ganon is killed in both ALttP and in LoZ. Now, we only have two forks in the timeline, so Ganon could not be completely killed FOUR times. The best way to handle this is to allow that the mastersword destroys the Ganondorf form, but the entity that is Ganondorf/Ganon can return in Ganon form. My hunch is that when Ganon returns after TP, he is destroyed by silver arrows in ALttP and when he returns after WW, he is destroyed in LoZ.

Having said all that.this timeline has to be wrong because LoZ and ALttP cannot be on the same side of the timeline since Ganon is completely killed in both by silver arrows

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^ Both ALTTP and LoZ/AoL were created long before there was any intention of an all out timeline so the fact that those games have gaps is not much of a problem as long as you keep that in mind. Also, ALTTP has been retconned to fit much better in the timeline.

The fact that Ganondorf dies in both WW and TP isn't a problem at all. Notice that every game after those 2 would only feature Ganon, not Ganondorf. It's very safe to assume that the human, Ganondorf, dies but the soul of Ganon lives on.

Also, I put FS/FSA after TP and yes, Ganondorf is in that game but I believe it to be a completely different Ganondorf which fixes the plothole of why Ganondorf is all of the sudden alive again.

LoZ/AoL and ALTTP can be on the same timeline. No matter where you put LoZ/AoL and ALTTP there is always going to be at least one unexplained reoccurance of Ganon. You can't avoid it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
LoZ/AoL and ALTTP can be on the same timeline. No matter where you put LoZ/AoL and ALTTP there is always going to be at least one unexplained reoccurance of Ganon. You can't avoid it.
All I can see if I put LoZ/AoL on the AT is one unexplained reoccurance of Ganondorf in FS/FSA. Or is that what you meant?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
All I can see if I put LoZ/AoL on the AT is one unexplained reoccurance of Ganondorf in FS/FSA. Or is that what you meant?

My point is that NO MATTER where you put them, there will always be AT LEAST one unexplained reoccurance of Ganon. Actually, if you put LoZ/AoL on a different timeline than ALTTP then you would get 2 unexplained reoccurances of Ganon. Putting them on the same timeline knocks it down to 1 based on my explanation of where it goes.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Actually, if you put LoZ/AoL on a different timeline than ALTTP then you would get 2 unexplained reoccurances of Ganon.
Where is the second one?

What I see is
(AT) -- Ganondorf dies(WW) -- Ganon dies(LoZ)
(CT) -- Ganondorf dies(TP) -- Ganondorf inexplicably returns and dies(FS/FSA) -- Ganon dies (LttP)
That's one.

Or if you put them on the same timeline
(AT) -- Ganondorf dies(WW)
(CT) -- Ganondorf dies(TP) -- Ganondorf inexplicably returns and dies(FS/FSA -- Ganon dies (LttP) -- Ganon inexplicably returns and dies (LoZ)
That's two.

LA clearly has to be somewhere near ALttP, wether you try to fit OoX in the middle or not, that's your choice.
The game makes lots of references to ALttP and some subtler references to OoX(King Moblin, for example).
It contains more references to OoX.

List some for LttP, OoX likely has just as many or more of the same kind.
^ Both ALTTP and LoZ/AoL were created long before there was any intention of an all out timeline so the fact that those games have gaps is not much of a problem as long as you keep that in mind. Also, ALTTP has been retconned to fit much better in the timeline.
1) There was intent for the timeline *glances at LttP box* 2) And, no, the retcons don't make it fit better. It makes it much more ambiguous, and FSA ****s it up even worse.
My point is that NO MATTER where you put them, there will always be AT LEAST one unexplained reoccurance of Ganon. Actually, if you put LoZ/AoL on a different timeline than ALTTP then you would get 2 unexplained reoccurances of Ganon. Putting them on the same timeline knocks it down to 1 based on my explanation of where it goes.
Not quite. River Zora's timeline has perfect Ganon continuity.

LttP Ganon comes from, well, LttP's backstory. LttP's backstory explains it pretty well. Ganondorf touched the Triforce on the CT and became Ganon, got sealed, then got out in LttP.

Then on the AT TMC-FS/FSA-LoZ/AoL happens. FSA seals Ganon, and then LoZ/AoL Ganon would come from that.

It flows surprisingly well.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^ That wouldn't explain the obvious intent of FSA going before ALTTP. The in game evidence is a lot more important than the continuity of a character, IMO.

I am afraid I do not follow you here. How is it that there MUST be an unexplained Ganon appearance? and how are there 2 if you put ALttP and LoZ on different timelines?

My suggestion is that OoT splits and we get WW in the AT and TP on the CT (I'm skipping games w/ out Ganon like MM for now). On the CT Ganondorf is stabbed w/ Master Sword effectively destroying the Ganondorf form. In FSA the Ganon form appears and aquires the trident but is sealed away, in ALttP the Ganon form is freed only to be destroyed by silver arrows. Then in OoX Twinrova attempts to revive the dead Ganon though he is a shadow of his former self because he is fully killed in ALttP. Similarly on the AT, Ganondorf returns in WW only to be stabbed by the master sword and effectively destroyed. The Ganon form then returns in LoZ only to be killed by Silver arrows (no trident this time). Then in AoL minions attempt to raise the dead Ganon.

There are no unexplained occurences, the symmetry is perfect and consistent, and as far as I remember this covers ALL appearances of Ganondorf in his humanoid and and monstrous Ganon form.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In LttP is it Ganon or Ganondorf? And is he sealed or killed? I haven't played that game in a while...
If it's Ganon and he's sealed, then I agree completely with Brandon.

In LttP is it Ganon or Ganondorf? And is he sealed or killed? I haven't played that game in a while...
He is both Ganon and Ganondorf in LttP. Japanese LttP:
Then, the one who again discovered the sacred land was the thief called Ganondorf.
It's pretty clear in LttP that Ganon was supposed to be Ganondorf before he got the Triforce.
Thank you FSA for ****ing that up...
In FSA the Ganon form appears and aquires the trident but is sealed away
It was Ganondorf who got the trident, and he then became Ganon upon getting it.
There are no unexplained occurences, the symmetry is perfect and consistent, and as far as I remember this covers ALL appearances of Ganondorf in his humanoid and and monstrous Ganon form.
Yeah it can cover all of Ganon's appearences. Although it's pretty fanfic-ish.

It goes like this (I think)

OoT AT -> Ganondorf sealed away, returns in WW and is impaled by Master sword -> returns in Ganon form in LoZ and is killed by silver arrow, then in AoL minions attempt to bring back the fully killed Ganon.

OoT CT -> Ganondorf sealed in twilight realm, Ganondorf returns in TP and is impaled by master sword -> Ganon form returns in FSA, aquires trident and is sealed away -> Ganon form gets out and is killed by silver arrows in ALttP, then in OoX minions attempt to revive dead Ganon.

The only thiing that can make this more perfect is if it turns out that Ganon returns in TP and is sealed away, but I don't have ST yet and I'm not holding my breath that Ganon is even in it, and if he's not, then we don't have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom