• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Inflexus Timeline Theory

LOL, yes and AoL is a direct sequal to LoZ. MM is a direct sequal to OoT. LA is a direct sequal to ALttP.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
And yet they are looking for a ghost ship, which you allready got the treasure from. Nice try, but that shows the timelines don't match up.

And Avenged, I'd like to note some other inconsistancies, referring to MM and OoT. One being that Child link can not ride child Epona in OoT, and there was no way to get Epona off the ranch given the way OoT worked out.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
You fail, MM was proven to be a sequal.

You fail, because Ocarina of Time creates a time paradox, meaning that it would be a never ending loop. Therefore MM would have to occur within this loop, and it might be a "sequel" because it came out after Ocarina of Time, but in no other ways than Twilight Princess is a sequel to Wind Waker.

Are you ****ing stupid? Holy ****ing ****, PH is a direct sequel to TWW. People like you need to fall off a ****ing cliff and die.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that Phantom Hourglass is a sequel in terms of storyline to The Wind Waker.

Assuming you are correct, all you have done is put two games in the same "reality plane", you have not created an actual timeline of all Zelda games, you have found a lucky connection between two games. This confirms that the timelines are compartmentalized and not actually flowing, and it suggests at least 4 or 5 different reality planes, so much so that there isn't much of an actual timeline.

You fail, because Ocarina of Time creates a time paradox, meaning that it would be a never ending loop. Therefore MM would have to occur within this loop, and it might be a "sequel" because it came out after Ocarina of Time, but in no other ways than Twilight Princess is a sequel to Wind Waker.

Stop arguing against the truth. Link returns to his own time at the end of OoT. But I guess you would have to have beaten the game to know that. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, WHEN WE SAY A ZELDA GAME IS A SEQUAL, THEN IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM NINTENDO, NO THEORIES YOU FOOL! Zelda isn't your thing, I suggest theorizing about something else because you obviously don't know what you're ever talking about with this series.

Last edited:

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet

Stop arguing against the truth. Link returns to his own time at the end of OoT. But I guess you would have to have beaten the game to know that. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, WHEN WE SAY A ZELDA GAME IS A SEQUAL, THEN IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM NINTENDO, NO THEORIES YOU FOOL! Zelda isn't your thing, I suggest theorizing about something else because you obviously don't know what you're ever talking about with this series.

Link returns to his child form and goes back in time, back to when Ganondorf was on the rise to power. This means that Link would have to deal with Ganondorf still and would be forced into jumping forward in time to slay him again, by jumping forward in time.

The end of the game is what created the time paradox that makes a sequel impossible. Link is caught in a never ending 7 year sequence. Majora's Mask would then be forced to happen sometime within Ocarina. A sequel in terms of the game, yes, but not the storyline and not the timeline. Which ultimately is my point and suggests my theory as the most likely timeline theory available here.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
We had a pretty good discussion of the ending of Ocarina of Time in another thread actually.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192

You can discuss your views on the ending.

However, if I am to briefly mention this without making this topic solely about the OOT ending. It is believed that when Young Link returned to the present, he warned Princess Zelda of Ganondorf. Together they were able to prevent Ganondorf from ever taking power. It is not an endless cycle, but just it is presumed that Link and Zelda just prevented Ganondorf from gaining power.

There are some problems with this presumption that create a paradox, but those are discussed in the other thread. The multiple endings and the paradox are not exactly the same thing. The paradox is something I don't exactly understand myself. The alternate ending is just the Adult Link world after Link defeats Ganon. Link is sent back in time but the adult timeline continues without Link.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I understand time paradoxes and stuff, it's interesting material for me, and one is created here. I offered a brief commentary(I may try to restate my ideas and go further in depth there later).

However it is not an assumption that time could not go forward, unless multiple realities are created from alternate perspectives and you are okay with the concept of an infinite amount of universes existing simply so that Link can progress forward in time and not create some kind of wormhole or black hole that destroys the universe because it's finite nature has been terminated and replaced with eternal characteristics.

It's easier to believe that the games are seperate and that Nintendo's logic is invalid. It's simpler and it is the most logical belief because Nintendo has lacked consistancy with the information they have provided.

Inflexus, If you have to disprove evrything that Nintendo and myamoto says to make your timeline work, then your timeline is a bunch of bull. Im sorry but your really starting to aggitate me.

All we know as a fan base is this

OoT is first (in 1998 anyway MC could be before it)
MM is a direct sequal to OoT in the Child timeline
WW takes place more then 100 years after OoT in adult timeline
PH is a direct sequal to WW
LoZ is the only time Gannondorf dies
AoL is a Direct sequal of LoZ
LA is a direct sequal of AlttP

And there is a split timeline (if you belive what that one guy said, whom i forgot the name of, when they showed WW at E3.)

This is all fact, after that is where you can speculate where evrything goes

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Inflexus, If you have to disprove evrything that Nintendo and myamoto says to make your timeline work, then your timeline is a bunch of bull. Im sorry but your really starting to aggitate me.

I'm simply saying that it is impossible to produce a clear timeline because the story depends heavily on impossibilities due to failures when the plots of games don't adhere to the chronological order that Miyamoto and Nintendo claim.

All we know as a fan base is this

OoT is first (in 1998 anyway MC could be before it)

This does not account for Twilight Princess.

MM is a direct sequal to OoT in the Child timeline

I've allready provided an arguement that is yet to be refuted, and proves that Majora's Mask is simply a game loosely affiliated with Ocarina of Time, not a chronological sequel.

WW takes place more then 100 years after OoT in adult timeline
PH is a direct sequal to WW

Once again, loosely based and even at that it doesn't match up with Ocarina of Time in the slightest, one of the hints at this is the altered number of sages(it goes from 6 in Ocarina to 2 in Wind Waker).
LoZ is the only time Gannondorf dies

Twilight Princess as well, so your assertion is refuted.

AoL is a Direct sequal of LoZ

I'd like to see where this is revealed, and where the storyline is just a game sequel or a chronological sequel.

Once again, a URL, a press release, whatever. I'd like to see the actual claim in it's original context.

LA is a direct sequal of AlttP

Where is this claim made? I need a source and the original context.

And there is a split timeline (if you belive what that one guy said, whom i forgot the name of, when they showed WW at E3.)

If you can find that, let me know. I would like to see it.

This is all fact, after that is where you can speculate where evrything goes

Speculation is not the limit. Just because we don't have all the evidence doesn't mean we can't create logical theories to explain the current state of the Zelda universe.

linkman8

True and Noble
My main concern is how you can think MM is merely loosely affiliated with OOT. Me being a believer of the split timeline, in the timeline where Link and Zelda are children and warn the king of Ganondorf's intentions, Navi leaves Link and he sets out to find her. This leads directly into the events of Majora's Mask.

My main concern is how you can think MM is merely loosely affiliated with OOT. Me being a believer of the split timeline, in the timeline where Link and Zelda are children and warn the king of Ganondorf's intentions, Navi leaves Link and he sets out to find her. This leads directly into the events of Majora's Mask.

And even if they didnt warn anyone about ganondorf, he still would going to find Navi.
The horse you can easly asume he got after he went back to being a kid, seeing as he now knew alot about Epona. ITs not like link forgot his escapade in the future when he went back to being a kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom