• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

...I think one of the main issues is the fact that there really is no single person who has the job of taking care of the themes/graphics etc and various staff members have done it over the years.

Kitsu should administer the forums. That's my suggestion anyways.

I hate those X's so much, it has bothered me that the themes have been largely unfinished for at least two years, almost three for the main default. I tried bringing the subject up a few times a year ago in hopes of getting some idea of a new method of completing the themes. Made a post here a while back but then it seemed to have been dropped. I think one of the main issues is the fact that there really is no single person who has the job of taking care of the themes/graphics etc and various staff members have done it over the years.

The lack of an administrator for layout related things is definitely an issue, IMO. Generally what tends to happen is all of the work is put upon one administrator and they obviously can't get to everything, which is why peripheral staff for things like graphics/layouts etc. is a good idea. Then there is also the issue of suggestions seeming to get very little attention in general, though I think part of that is related to the lack of staff able to actually review/implement said suggestions.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
6IVZe.png

Yeah... the "active" sprite/icon looks... off... also that's only on the main forum page as of now, not the subsections.

Is there something wrong with the blogs? I still can't seem to 'hard' delete my blog entries, and now they're just sitting in there taking up space and cluttering my archive thingy. And I say "still," because this is something that I've been trying to do for a long time now. Just the other day, someone showed me how they were able to hard delete their blog entries—they even provided a screenshot of such, which I lack (sorry)—which has led me to surmise that the inability to do so might have something to do with permissions, but I am not privy as to how that stuff works, so yeah. If anyone who's reading this has a solution to this issue, please let me know. However, this post stands as a suggestion to implement a means to hard delete blog entries.

In response to the closing of the recent MD threads, I very seriously suggest that mods don't preemptively close down threads, simply because the discussion is getting heated. Removing a flaming post and warning the member who made it is a far better solution.

Doubt it will happen but it's worth a try. A way to avoid what happened in the shoutbox would be to have a thread for debating the locking of a thread. It would at least keep the ugliness out the way among other things.

In response to the closing of the recent MD threads, I very seriously suggest that mods don't preemptively close down threads, simply because the discussion is getting heated. Removing a flaming post and warning the member who made it is a far better solution.

A better idea to me would be to hide the infringing post from the view of others (except the writer of the post, and relevant forum staff). This allows the user to make necessary edits to the post, and removes any need for an infraction.

EDIT: On another note, could a thread be unlocked by majority vote (voters would had to have posted in the thread).

Last edited:
A better idea to me would be to hide the infringing post from the view of others (except the writer of the post, and relevant forum staff). This allows the user to make necessary edits to the post, and removes any need for an infraction.

EDIT: On another note, could a thread be unlocked by majority vote (voters would had to have posted in the thread).

That would require for the rules not to have been broken if that was a possibility, but I understand what you mean and do agree with it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't like the ideas of a public place for complaints about moderator actions and members having a way to forcibly overrule moderators. Issues should be taken up with the mods or me privately. I wish more people would do this, and do it respectfully.

I don't like the ideas of a public place for complaints about moderator actions and members having a way to forcibly overrule moderators.

In other words, you don't like the idea of people being able to voice their issues that they might have with the current moderation. Also, nice red herring with the "overrule moderators" bit. No one was suggesting forcibly overruling anything.

Issues should be taken up with the mods or me privately. I wish more people would do this, and do it respectfully.

What you fail to realize, is that people have begun complaining publicly because they have done this... and been ignored. People might do this more often if they were actually responded to, and not rudely ignored. Even some of the staff has been ignored. The lack of communication in general is abysmal, and comments like this do not help; they just brush off existing problems as people being "disrespectful", or whatever. People get tired of not being acknowledged, so they start complaining in other forums than private messages, because the latter isn't getting anyone anywhere.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
This idea came to me in a recent discussion about Mafia notifications spamming the Shoutbox Chatbox. Have options to receive notifications about new posts in individual subsections, i.e. I would choose to get notified about General Discussion, World of Pokemon, and Mature Discussion posts. It would/should operate on the same function that prevents you seeing posts from a section you are banned from (if I remember correctly).

Clank

Hmm
This is kind-of a big idea and will likely be shot down, but I was thinking,

With how much people seem to love the V-Day cards, why not do Christmas cards as well? I may be wrong, but I personally would really enjoy a system just like the V-Day one, but for Christmas cards. Plus it gets more use out of the plugin.

I mean I know we already have the secret santa system, so maybe this would be too similar in some peoples minds, idk...

So yeah, just a thought I guess.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
This is kind-of a big idea and will likely be shot down, but I was thinking,

With how much people seem to love the V-Day cards, why not do Christmas cards as well? I may be wrong, but I personally would really enjoy a system just like the V-Day one, but for Christmas cards. Plus it gets more use out of the plugin.

I mean I know we already have the secret santa system, so maybe this would be too similar in some peoples minds, idk...

So yeah, just a thought I guess.

I like yet dislike this idea. I like it because this is literally perfect for Secret Santa operations, however we'd need to include themes for other winter holidays too (i.e. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, and Ramadan). I have a few issues with this though. One being that the idea of sending cards would grow stale fast (boom, you send Christmas cards, then two months later you're sending VDay cards). I also like the idea of users hand-making presents for other users. The range of creativity is much more vast than that of a card. There's also the issue (whether or not it's major or minor is for you to decide) of religion. If we go through with this, I believe there should be an option where users can choose not to receive cards (if possible). There could also be the issue of PM space, but who knows.

This idea is certainly not bad by any definition of the word, but it could use tweaks. If we want to give it a try one year, we could, but that's not my decision (obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom