• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OOT Ending - Why Weren't Mido and King Zora Celebrating?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Mido miss Saria and king sofa misses his daughter after all the became sages and are no longer part of the phiscal world.

Sofa = zora idk why my phone thinks that.

Sheik

:the:
They're just really antisocial.

Off topic, I thought Kokiri would die if they left the forest. Did this somehow change after Ganon's defeat?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Yeah, what BellPendant and musicfan said. I always thought that, didn't realize ANYONE had confusion on the subject... :?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion

Off topic, I thought Kokiri would die if they left the forest. Did this somehow change after Ganon's defeat?

a shiekah stone stated that was a lie

Mido miss Saria and king sofa misses his daughter after all the became sages and are no longer part of the phiscal world.

oh i thought you intentionally called him that,saying he's as big as a sofa

Last edited:

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something

Well, alright, if that's the case, then why are the Gorons celebrating? They lost their leader and dear brother, and they seem to be dancing their cares away. Maybe at least Darunia's son, whose name changes depending on what you call yourself, should have been over there in their greiving as well. I think its a combo of what you and Atticus said:

Mourning, mixed with King Zora's fattiness and Mido's antisocial mood-swinginess. I mean, honestly, King Zora takes 5 minutes to move over 2 feet sideways. The Zoras probably carted him up there themselves in like a wagon or something. Its not really a surprise why he won't be dancing it up. But I will admit, he does seem rather solemn at this celebration, for reasons stated above.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well, alright, if that's the case, then why are the Gorons celebrating? They lost their leader and dear brother, and they seem to be dancing their cares away. Maybe at least Darunia's son, whose name changes depending on what you call yourself, should have been over there in their greiving as well. I think its a combo of what you and Atticus said:

Mourning, mixed with King Zora's fattiness and Mido's antisocial mood-swinginess. I mean, honestly, King Zora takes 5 minutes to move over 2 feet sideways. The Zoras probably carted him up there themselves in like a wagon or something. Its not really a surprise why he won't be dancing it up. But I will admit, he does seem rather solemn at this celebration, for reasons stated above.

The gorons could of seen it as an honor and the son could have had to put on an act since he was next in line. Gorons brovo or what ever it is.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
If you think about it, it makes sense. After all, both of them never probably saw something like this coming; Mido was shocked that Saria turned out to be the Sage of Forest, and King Zora didn't know what to think of the fact that his daughter was the Sage of Water. I'm not sure whether Mido actually knew whether Link was the Hero of Time or not, but still.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Actually Darunia's son was pretty proud that his dad was a sage. Gorons seem kind of hard to depress to begin with.

Really, I thought it was pretty obvious why Mido and King Zora were sad. They both really loved Saria and Ruto. I actually felt bad for Mido even though I wanted to punch him in his bratty little face half the time.

It's interesting that you brought that up because I used to be confused by that scene for the same reason.

My theory is that the warning that Kokiri will die if they leave the woods isn't meant to be taken literally - it didn't mean that taking steps outside of the forest actually causes them to drop dead. I think it was more likely the Deku Tree's way of warning them that the outside world was a hostile place and that if they left the woods, then they would be beyond his supervision and protection, and therefore would almost certainly die. After Ganondorf's defeat, the world is a little less dangerous and they were able to safely make the trip to Lon Lon Ranch to join the festivities.

As far as King Zora is concerned I always just assumed that his physiology precluded him from taking part in the dancing, but I suppose him missing his daughter is a better explanation. In Mido's case, though, I think that part of the reason he seems upset may be that Link is no longer around, having been sent back in time by Zelda, and thus Mido is unable to apologize to Link for treating him so badly, which is something I'm sure he wants to do after finding out that his world was saved by the guy he bullied for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom