• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Nope and I don't think we should stop getting notifications. See, this site is run on chivalry - the act of doing good deeds and all that nonsense. We need to be notified of someone liking our posts so we can continue making posts like the ones that are getting liked. This is good.

مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي
الجلالُ والجمالُ والسَّنَاءُ والبَهَاءُ
في رُبَاكْ في رُبَاكْ
والحياةُ والنجاةُ والهناءُ والرجاءُ
في هواكْ في هواكْ
هلْ أراكْ هلْ أراكْ
سالِماً مُنَعَّماً و غانما مكرما
سالما منعما و غانما مكرما
هلْ أراكْ في عُلاكْ
تبلُغُ السِّمَاكْ تبلغُ السِّمَاكْ
مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي
مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي
الشبابُ لنْ يكِلَّ هَمُّهُ أنْ تستَقِلَّ
أو يَبيدْ أو يَبيدْ
نَستقي منَ الرَّدَى ولنْ نكونَ للعِدَى
كالعَبيدْ كالعَبيدْ
لا نُريدْ لا نُريدْ
ذُلَّنَا المُؤَبَّدا وعَيشَنَا المُنَكَّدا

ذُلَّنَا المُؤَبَّدا وعَيشَنَا المُنَكَّدا
لا نُريدْ بلْ نُعيدْ
مَجدَنا التّليدْ مَجدَنا التّليدْ
مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي
مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي
الحُسَامُ و اليَرَاعُ لا للكلامُ والنزاعُ
رَمْزُنا رَمْزُنا
مَجدُنا و عهدُنا وواجبٌ منَ الوَفا
يهُزُّنا يهُزُّنا
عِزُّنا عِزُّنا
غايةٌ تُشَرِّفُ و رايةٌ ترَفرِفُ
غايةٌ تُشَرِّفُ و رايةٌ ترَفرِفُ
يا هَنَاكْ في عُلاكْ
قاهِراً عِداكْ قاهِراً عِداكْ
مَوطِنِي مَوطِنِي

It can be optional xD

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Seeing as we've just had one suggestion made by multiple people go completely ignored until turned into a separate topic, it's clear this suggestions thread either isn't being monitored properly or isn't being taken seriously. As such I propose a separate sub-category within the Community Area be made entirely for suggestions, in which people create new threads for their suggestions which are marked as complete when a decision has been made on them.

If this creates worries of spam, just put a limit up on how many suggestions a person can make within a month or something. Keep one general thread like this open for smaller suggestions but have larger ones like the recent Science and Technology case given their own thread.
But if the suggestions are going to be ignored then won't your suggestions about this get ignored as well? :rolleyes:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Seeing as we've just had one suggestion made by multiple people go completely ignored until turned into a separate topic, it's clear this suggestions thread either isn't being monitored properly or isn't being taken seriously. As such I propose a separate sub-category within the Community Area be made entirely for suggestions, in which people create new threads for their suggestions which are marked as complete when a decision has been made on them.

If this creates worries of spam, just put a limit up on how many suggestions a person can make within a month or something. Keep one general thread like this open for smaller suggestions but have larger ones like the recent Science and Technology case given their own thread.
Yes I haven't been monitoring this thread properly and I apologize. (I was also on vacation but that doesn't excuse my overall negligence.) I'm subscribing to this thread now, which I should have done as soon as I was made admin. However I may not reply to it as much as Kybyrian used to; I may simply ignore suggestions I find unreasonable and wordlessly implement suggestions I find sound. That said, don't be afraid to repeat suggestions that you deem good but haven't been implemented or explicitly denied yet.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A couple of things, if they are feasible.

1. Extend the usertitle limit to accept a few more characters.
2. Make this a vBShop feature which can be purchased with forum gold.

Fig

The Altruist

Ooh! This seems promising! Can't wait to see those additions implemented into the forums! X3

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff

#2 isn't feasible because it's a global setting and not per usergroup, so the shop plugin can't change it. As for #1, I'd need a good argument why 25 isn't enough. Keep in mind its purpose, a simple "title".

Is there a way to fix permissions on the viewing of tabs in the navbar? Because forum guests can see the shoutbox tab, and it's weird.

This is can usually be achieved with a simple conditional. Add in the template:

Code:
<vb:if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0">
     // navbar code guests
</vb:if>
    // navbar code members

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
#2 isn't feasible because it's a global setting and not per usergroup, so the shop plugin can't change it. As for #1, I'd need a good argument why 25 isn't enough. Keep in mind its purpose, a simple "title".

I'm not asking that the character limit is bumped up to two columns of full space or anything, but if the current margin is 25 characters, then I think it could be extended to 30 without breaking two lines, or going past the separation bar and into the post text area. This would also depend on the length of the characters, though (for example, m will obviously be longer than l), right? Regardless, I don't believe an extra column would make too big of a difference, seeing as how there are at least two showcase areas for awards and gifts, which take up way more space. Just stating a dichotomy to make a point, not to strongarm any of the decision-making process.

As for the title bit--yeah, it's something that I and many others can live without. In fact, I was sort of banking my second suggestion being feasible, because it's optional and not everyone would have to go for it. For convenience's sake, it'd just be nice to have longer quotes which fit up top, even though they could easily go in any signature.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
listen up listen up once and then we're done

atticus is back and she's gonna have some fun

i know it's bad that she left so mad

but she had to do it before she got real sad

a break is what she needed

and a break is what she got

now she's ready to drop it like it's hot

No, seriously, that about sums it up. I left mad, yeah, because I had it up to here *stands on tippy-toes and points to space* with the site. Literally, the tiniest thing set me off, so I needed a break. School was stressing me out, and this site was stressing me out, so I left. Now that all my hard classes are done with, I can finally relax, so I came for a quick visit. I don't know how often I'll be on, but at least I came back. I was pretty close to just changing changing my password to something random and just leaving. Sorry to disappoint you, nerds. The ***** is back.

LOL I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD

IM NOT EVEN SORRY LOOOLOLOL

I think wrong thread, but

:party::party::party::party: Good to see you :D

This is a suggestion for the ZD Brown theme, as it still uses the default forum icons (the Xs that are dimmed or lit up upon new/old posts). I'd like to suggest these new and more fitting icons:

JdGzDlX.png

No New
9tnNGZO.png

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think I said something similar in the talk/shout/chat box the other day.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if we had more Zelda themes for the forums. I'm more so talking about three alternate, quiet basic themes; however it could add some diversity. The themes would be red, blue and green - all of which correspond to the Goddesses (Din, Nayru and Farore).

This is only if new themes are getting thought of being implemented, and if that time comes around then I think this idea would be cool and quit fitting.

I suggest this shoutbox as a replacement for the current one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236970. It is pretty much better in every respect, including being more streamlined and less bloated than the current shoutbox. It has a number of useful features (particularly ones that members from before Infernochat was removed will remember), and is overall a solid shoutbox, and a good replacement for the current one.

Djinn

and Tonic
This is a suggestion for the ZD Brown theme, as it still uses the default forum icons (the Xs that are dimmed or lit up upon new/old posts). I'd like to suggest these new and more fitting icons:

JdGzDlX.png

No New
9tnNGZO.png

I hate those X's so much, it has bothered me that the themes have been largely unfinished for at least two years, almost three for the main default. I tried bringing the subject up a few times a year ago in hopes of getting some idea of a new method of completing the themes. Made a post here a while back but then it seemed to have been dropped. I think one of the main issues is the fact that there really is no single person who has the job of taking care of the themes/graphics etc and various staff members have done it over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom