• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Derp Moments

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
In the original Zelda, I walked around for an hour or two looking for Level-One. It turns out, I kept going right on the scree. just before the bridge. After I finally decided to go up, a major facepalm was given.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
First time I played Ocarina of time, I didn't know that those falling shadows were HandMasters in the Forest Temple. Yeah, big mistake just standing there waiting to find out what the shadow actually was...

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
First time I played Ocarina of time, I didn't know that those falling shadows were HandMasters in the Forest Temple. Yeah, big mistake just standing there waiting to find out what the shadow actually was...

Lol, then you were badass to wait for those shadows to drop. I nearly had a hearth attack when I first encountered those when I first played OoT

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
One time in OoT I can't remember what I was actually trying to do in Kakariko Village but it certainly wasn't intentional when I hit some cuccos with a deku nut.

ALBW

Yah... so the first time I faced the Knucklemaster in the Skulls Woods I was under the impression I had to use the Hammer because I tried striking at his hand-eye with my sword and I must've hit his fingers or something so I just assumed it didn't work.

Just to let you guys know it is EXTREMELY difficult to accurately hit his eye with the Hammer. Took me like a half an hour.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Lol, that one made me laugh :D

I remember one of the last things before the boss room you had to do in the Sky City dungeon from TP. When you received the double clawshot you had to lower yourself with it from one room to a room bellow to reach something at the ceiling of the second room. So easy, yet it took me hours to figure out xD

I kept just dropping down. XD

If you can see what's at the bottom of a hole, you can go down there. That's what kept me from beating the third dungeon in TMC.

One of my biggest derps was when I was playing OOT for the first time (I was around 8/9) I wanted to get into zoras river but it was blocked with those boulders. I didn't know I needed to bomb them so I tried to jump around it. also since the owl to play zelda's lullaby to get into zora's domain, i played it at the boulders constantly, thinking it would work..... needless to say I was a pretty derpy kid.

As I've detailed a few times before, I spent a good 15-20 minutes in SS trying to figure out how to flip the skulltulas around. I spent a solid five minutes shield-bashing one of them. I ended up dying. In the first temple, I ended up dying because I couldn't figure out that I had to slash something horizontally. This constantly haunted for the rest of my run through that file.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
As I've detailed a few times before, I spent a good 15-20 minutes in SS trying to figure out how to flip the skulltulas around. I spent a solid five minutes shield-bashing one of them. I ended up dying. In the first temple, I ended up dying because I couldn't figure out that I had to slash something horizontally. This constantly haunted for the rest of my run through that file.

Lol I had the exact same problem with those skulltulas in SS. I was so frustrated I quit the game for a few days! :P

I always thought Zelda was the one with the green hat.

In all seriousness though, in Phantom Hourglass when you had to blow out the candles, It didn't even occur to me to blow into the mic.
I was swiping my stylus all day long, backtracking to find an item or something.
It got even better when one of the candles accidentally went out. I was so confused.

Big Octo

=^)
When you have to copy the location of the Courage Temple or whatever it's called to your sea chart in Phantom Hourglass, I had now idea that I was simply supposed to close and reopen my DS. I must have spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what do until I gave up and close my DS, saving the situation for later. When I came back, I was quite surprised to see the puzzle solved. I quickly came to realize what the solution was, and I felt like an idiot.

When you have to copy the location of the Courage Temple or whatever it's called to your sea chart in Phantom Hourglass, I had now idea that I was simply supposed to close and reopen my DS. I must have spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what do until I gave up and close my DS, saving the situation for later. When I came back, I was quite surprised to see the puzzle solved. I quickly came to realize what the solution was, and I felt like an idiot.

Lol, at least you were fortunate enough to close it at the right time. I remember days trying to figure that one out. I was so confused that I even asked my mom and she immediately figured it out

There have been plenty of times where I repeatedly fall into the same abyss in certain dungeon rooms, specifically in ALttP. But also that one room in the Spirit Temple with the Beamos and those other creatures that hate fire (forget what they are called).

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Its aactually really funny right now im like 15 so when phantom hourglass came out i was like 6 and it was like one of my first zelda games and one of my first video games in general beside ocarina of time which was my big brothers and never beat by myself till i was like 10 so when i got to that puzzle i was stumped so i just stopped playing the game for like 2 years and i figured out the puzzle when i was 8 and replaying the game now i feel like a complete idiot.

In the original Zelda, I walked around for an hour or two looking for Level-One. It turns out, I kept going right on the scree. just before the bridge. After I finally decided to go up, a major facepalm was given.

i know i had the same problem i had no idea where to go by the time i got to the first dungeon i had 400 rupees from beating so many enemies

Oh, I've done this as well. After I completed my first play through of Skyward Sword, I replayed Twilight Princess. When Link was climbing vines, I started shaking the Wii remote to make him go faster. :facepalm: That didn't work out to well.

i actually got twilight princess during the time i was playing skyward sword so i would go from one game to the other and would completly forget the controls i remember trying to do a skyward strike on twilight princess i was such an idiot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom