• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Do You Think a Majora's Mask Remake Is on the Way?

Do you think a Majora's Mask remake is on the way?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
THis isn't about whether it SHOULD be remade, but whether it WILL be remade. Aonuma has mentioned it, and said that ALBW will reveal whether it will or not. To be honest though, it didn't really give us a clear idea! There are some Majora's Mask references, but are they just Easter Eggs? What do you think?

And no flaming please! I know this is a sensitive subject to some... I've read comments of some articles ;)

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I want it to be remade, but I don't expect it to.

Though if it was a MM remake on the WII U instead of WW, I would have bought a wii u, so nintendo do me a solid will ya?

Though a 3ds one would be more likely if they were to do it. If they do, it needs a master quest.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
It's inevitable. Fanboys are gonna keep crying about it (like they have for the PAST 2 FREAKIN' YEARS), until Nintendo does it. Then Fanboys are gonna see how the world of ALttP was remade in ALBW and they're gonna want a f*cking remake for ALttP. Then, they're gonna want LA. Then, MC. Then...

Fanboys... Hate them so much.

MW7

It's a near certainty in the long run. Nintendo has remade or re-released with new packaging several other games in the series without visible demand for them. Over 55,000 people have signed the petition for the game, and Nintendo won't ignore them forever. OoT 3d has sold over 3 million copies, and they'd have to figure that MM 3d would sell at least a million. Nintendo barely did any work for OoT 3d it seems with Grezzo doing most of the work, and MM 3d would basically be free money for Nintendo whenever they decide to cash in. I think they are saving the game for a rainy day when they are desperate and have few good new ideas.

However, you worded it as "on the way," and in that respect I much less optimistic. Who knows when they think it's the right time to remake the game. Right now they may have lots of other projects in the works and MM is not a priority at all. However history has shown that Nintendo can't help themselves from remaking anything with some level of popularity.

In the long run I'm about 99% sure some form of Majora's Mask will reappear eventually. They remade ALttP, LA, OoT, and WW with no one asking them to do so. They've given direct sequels to several of the games in the series- LoZ, ALttP, OoT, WW- and have even given a sequel to a sequel in ST. Nintendo can't help themselves from revisiting old ideas. Majora's Mask is one of the most unique ideas they've had in the Zelda universe, and I can't imagine a future in which Nintendo leaves the story of Majora's Mask alone forever.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see it happening at all, and I'm not sure why I feel that way. I think that Nintendo was just saying that they haven't forgotten about Majora's Mask as a video game, not that they haven't forgotten about remaking the game.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I would be utterly shocked if it didn't happen. I am very confident there IS one on the way for multiple reasons:

1. People have been whining and asking for a MM remake for years. They won't stop until they get it.
2. Back when that poll came out with the 3 options of what the fan series would want for a ads Zelda, the Majora's Mask remake won by a landslide
3. There are too many hints in ALBW related to Majora's mask (the mask hanging in Link's house and Ravio's 3 day countdown in his diary). Why would Nintendo randomly pick the arbitrary title of Majora's Mask, the title people have been asking for a remake of the most, and reference it in a new Zelda game?
4. Aonuma wouldn't just lead us on like this. He's been dropping hints and being silly about the whole thing. If he knew there was no remake coming, he would tell us instead of getting our hopes up for nothing

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well...OoT 3DS didn't sell too well and this game is less popular...not to mention Nintendo keeps dropping hints that it's not gonna happen. I'd like to see a remake, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

It's inevitable. Fanboys are gonna keep crying about it (like they have for the PAST 2 FREAKIN' YEARS), until Nintendo does it. Then Fanboys are gonna see how the world of ALttP was remade in ALBW and they're gonna want a f*cking remake for ALttP. Then, they're gonna want LA. Then, MC. Then...

Fanboys... Hate them so much.

Lol you go on about fanboys crying for a MM remake and then I look t your picture. Oh ok there captain troll. There will be a MM remake in 3D. The mask in the wall is in 3D. Majoras mask in 3D. Its not hard or out of place seeing as what they did for ocarina of time. Expect it.

Yes, I think so! I never played MM and I'm not motivated to do so. But that will change once a remake is on the way. I think there are two teams at work right now: one for Zelda Wii-U and one for Majoras Mask 3D. I would LOVE a Majora's Mask for the Wii-U though, but only after the new Wii-U Zelda or if a second team is involved and not the main Zelda team.

It will likely be remade, but it will be a long time till it is remade and frankly I'm tired of thinking about it, there is little evidence that Nintendo is even working on it and if I were them I'd be very tired of hearing about it, they obviously want to move forward likely to focus on Zelda wiiU which in my opinion is more important than a remake at this time, that said I do want MM3D but I'm not going to obsess about it, I'm more excited for another new title than a remake.

MaanavLink

Hero of Time and Space
Well back when A Link Between Worlds was in its brainstorming stage, Nintendo was trying to decide with either a Majoras Mask Remake, A Link to the Past Remake, or A Link to the Past sequel. So the release of A Link Between Worlds was more or less the demise of a Majoras Mask Remake for atleast a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom