• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3d Fan Game ......

Xbox360 controller suport ?

• Just PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Xbox controller

• PC + xbox

• xbox + PC

• Total voters
L

Luminary

Story...
So, you would say this game begins with Link returning to Hyrule after defeating Majora?

What if much more time has past in Hyrule that in Termina...
So when Link returns a few generations have past and all the characters from OoT are either very old or dead.
Ganon was executed many years ago, however a new Gerudo king has been born and he is now the same age as Link.
Can Link save him before he becomes evil? And is there an even greater threat than him?!

DUN DUN DUN

C

chris212436

Story...
So, you would say this game begins with Link returning to Hyrule after defeating Majora?

What if much more time has past in Hyrule that in Termina...
So when Link returns a few generations have past and all the characters from OoT are either very old or dead.
Ganon was executed many years ago, however a new Gerudo king has been born and he is now the same age as Link.
Can Link save him before he becomes evil? And is there an even greater threat than him?!

DUN DUN DUN

Yeah I had a idea that something had happened in hyrule when link was in termina .... But what I don't know.

Very interesting idea you have there :) But what did you mean with a new Gerudo king ? Is he good or evil ?

L

Luminary

Yeah I had a idea that something had happened in hyrule when link was in termina .... But what I don't know.

Very interesting idea you have there :) But what did you mean with a new Gerudo king ? Is he good or evil ?

Well every hundred years a Gerudo king is born, so it would be a good way to show time has past. I don't know if he is good or evil.

I imagine he is a rival to Link, a mean spirited young man, arrogant (most people would be if they were kings to a all female race!) but he comes around after helping Link through a dungeon.
So bad to begin with, but good by the end of the game. :D

C

chris212436

ok, nice..... I'll se :) any other thoughts about some gameplay, what do you think if link was able to jump ? what should I keep from the game and what should I not keep from the game ? Anybody are free to give there ideas to this game :)

C

chris212436

I say give Link the ability to jump. Wait! Actually, why not make "jump" into the Roc's Feather item?

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Roc's_Feather

ok, but I don't think this is going to work(But I'll give it a try) because it's a 3d game :) I'm currently working on some scripts now and I got a simple enemy script and a camera animation script(for intros and stuff) to work .....

Should I post a video ?

L

Luminary

Sure, sure. :]
How far along are you, programming and art wise? Show us all some of your ideas for the game.

C

chris212436

Sure, sure. :]
How far along are you, programming and art wise? Show us all some of your ideas for the game.

Ok Update 02 on the game engine ......

I don't have a good screen capture program right now(any good one ?) So I can't get a video. But I have some images here.

game01.jpg

The green enemy just stand still and is always looking at the player.

The red enemy follows the player.

here is also 2 pictures of the link model I'm working on.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7886/link01g.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4993/link02m.jpg

And don't think art work here. The concept and programing needs to be done before all the art and modeling stuff .....
Nothing in the images are 100% done(I don't think any of it is 50% either:))

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chris212436

Hey! Very good. I look forward to seeing it completed.

Thanks, But It isn't going to be finished in a while .......
I need good concepts and story first. Any ideas of storyline or gameplay ?

I have a simple question:

Should the game just suported by a xbox controller ?(this could be normal pc joystick controller too but mainly xbox360 controller.

Ok, just to explain things......
PC+xbox is mainly pc but you could choose xbox if you want ...... All scripting is done to fit pc best
Xbox + PC is scripted so the xbox or any joystick are the best to use (I don't think the zelda game is so good to play on a keyboard, but not everyone have a controller:))

N

No_Comment

I have a simple question:

Should the game just suported by a xbox controller ?(this could be normal pc joystick controller too but mainly xbox360 controller.

Ok, just to explain things......
PC+xbox is mainly pc but you could choose xbox if you want ...... All scripting is done to fit pc best
Xbox + PC is scripted so the xbox or any joystick are the best to use (I don't think the zelda game is so good to play on a keyboard, but not everyone have a controller:))

I don't have a Xbox controller (but I do have a joystick/pc-controller) playing 3d zelda games on computer is hard. Anyway, hope you finish the game, it will probably take some time. I'll look forward.

C

chris212436

Those are very good 3D Models. What Programs are you using?

I'm using
3ds max 2009 (modeling and animation)

Photoshop (Texture and 2d)

Unity (game engine)

Just to give you guys some more information about the project :)

One guy joined the project and is helping out with 3d modeling, Terrain,landscape and objects ......
More scripts are finished and ready to be tested(but the link model isn't finished yet:()

Anubis

The most inactive active
Neat! Hope this game wont end up dead.. :S Well goodluck!
Toobad I guess that it isnt like a HL2 mod cuz I could help with mapping in that case maybe. XD

Looks very interesting indeed. Looking forward to this.. And I suppose we ain't gonna see finished product in A LONG time if ever (but of course we hope it will be complete someday). Wishing you guys luck with this gigantic project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom