• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3d Fan Game ......

Xbox360 controller suport ?

• Just PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Xbox controller

• PC + xbox

• xbox + PC

• Total voters
C

chris212436

ok, I'm going to make a 3d zelda fan game and the game should be a oot style game. just with better graphic and a little bit different gameplay. The story should be after majoras mask. Like link is going back to hyrule again and the story should keep on going from here.....

the problem I have is that I need to make a good storyline, and if someone know about a great idea for a new oot game or gameplay(all the things that could be cool in a new game) and want to help please let me know .....

I want some of the unsolved mysteries of the zelda games to be in my game, so do someone have any informations about some mysteries ..... ?
(like the unicorn fountain and the connections between oot and majoras mask????)

-----------------------------------UPDATES----------------------------------

http://vimeo.com/7738967
Enemy script and a little camera script that is 10% finished :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tak

Game Over
Shouldn't this belong in the Fan-Works forum?

Anyway, This seems like a great idea. I would love to view and play the finished product.

But, first you need to settle on your storyline before you start any development.
If I think of a story for you, I'll send it to you in a PM, or else i'll post it here.

*If I do decide to give you a storyline, you must credit me in whatever way possible*

C

chris212436

Shouldn't this belong in the Fan-Works forum?

Anyway, This seems like a great idea. I would love to view and play the finished product.

But, first you need to settle on your storyline before you start any development.
If I think of a story for you, I'll send it to you in a PM, or else i'll post it here.

*If I do decide to give you a storyline, you must credit me in whatever way possible*

of course you would get the credit for the story and everyone gets credit of they help. So if you want to help with something(3d,2d,story,ideas,gameplay,coding,everything) you are welcome:D

I didn't know where to post this, I was looking at the Fan work but I thought that this wasn't a fan work yet. Just a discussion about good ideas and story.

Don't worry, the game is going to be finished, this is not a project that's going to be half finished. I'm going to make all the work myself(coding,3d,2d)
But I'm happy if someone could help :P

Tak

Game Over
Alright then, I'll get working on some story details straight away.
But first tell me, what are the key items or significant objects that it must focus around?

C

chris212436

hehe nice, eh ?
The game is going to be very similar to oot. I'm thinking of the same places + more .... New dungeons and bosses, but the same people. After oot link was sent back in time again and then it goes over to majoras mask. Link stops the moon and then it stops. I'm thinking of a storyline from there, like link wants to go home to hyrule and he must do something to get back. Then he finally make it (then you are like 50% in the game)

I'm open for any ideas for the game.
So you could make new weapons and items too.
But in OOT style :)

Maybe other playable characters ?

ps. sorry for my bad english :)

what do you guys think if I made link jump. Like press a button then he jump ?

Kazumi

chagy
Interesting idea. I'd definitely love to help you with a plot, or writing a script for all of the characters when you get that far. If you want, I could draw a map for you for Hyrule. And I'm also wondering what coding language or program you are using to create this game..

C

chris212436

Hi, a map for hyrule would be very helpful :)

I'm using the unity 3d game engine(the indie version is free to use:D)
http://unity3d.com/
This engine is no gamemaker or something, you have to code all the stuff from ground up. I'm using javascript and C# for scripting.....

Kazumi

chagy
Very interesting! You seem to be quite knowledgeable. I can't do anything better then HTML and XML.. It's kind of sad. But I will get right on making a map of Hyrule. Do you want me to just draw a regular map with the regular stuff, or should I be more creative and add some new things? Just tell me and I'll get right on it. And it's a post MM/OoT era Hyrule.. So.. It will need expansion from the original OoT Hyrule, whilst still keeping the original design concept. I have a feeling that this will be fun.

C

chris212436

Very interesting! You seem to be quite knowledgeable. I can't do anything better then HTML and XML.. It's kind of sad. But I will get right on making a map of Hyrule. Do you want me to just draw a regular map with the regular stuff, or should I be more creative and add some new things? Just tell me and I'll get right on it. And it's a post MM/OoT era Hyrule.. So.. It will need expansion from the original OoT Hyrule, whilst still keeping the original design concept. I have a feeling that this will be fun.

nice to see some people thats interested in the project(the people at ZFGC just came with bad comments:()

yeah, you could be so creative you want:) The game needs more stuff then the regular hyrule(like more dungeons, places) But I'm ok with a normal hyrule map too......
hehe

C

chris212436

Alrighty then. Now that I have those details, i'll see what I can do.
I'll send it to you in a PM, or else i'll post it here.

yeah, I don't mind posting it here(but it could be to long ?)
I'll post more details tomorrow about the work. And I hope to finish the link model too ..... I have some quick models if anybody is interested ?

what do you think of a jumping link ? not supermario jump but something like a banjo kazooie type of jump ? A normal little jump

Thank you guys for the nice response :)

Ok guys, here is a almost finished render and animation of a treasure chest
http://img132.imageshack.us/i/zeldafangametestrender.mp4/

It still needs some more texture tweaking but I think it turned out pretty nice:)

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
The graphics in the video were much much better then oot. I have some ideas for the story. How about Link gets a job at Lon Lon ranch milking cows with epona's song and taking horses out to give them some exercise. What if Navi comes back,but hylian.

C

chris212436

The graphics in the video were much much better then oot. I have some ideas for the story. How about Link gets a job at Lon Lon ranch milking cows with epona's song and taking horses out to give them some exercise. What if Navi comes back,but hylian.
hehe, nice idea :D

"The graphics in the video were much much better then oot."
Is that bad or good ?

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Good idea dude, just try to not give up, it's kinda hard to make such a big project like this... Good luck., and sorry if I don't have any idea for your storyline... ^^"

C

chris212436

Yeah, I know. The project is very big, but I'm going to finish it:)
I'm going to make this fan game now before I'm going to make my own game and try selling it. I thought of a big learning project and came up with the idea of making a new zelda game ...... So this is going to be a free to use and playing game ......

This is a picture of what I have so far of the link model(I'm to tired now to keep working, so I'll do more work tomorrow)
linkhead.jpg

----------Update 1----------
OK guys, here is a little video of what I have so far in camera and movement script ...... http://vimeo.com/7615782

graphic and models are just placeholders :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom