• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Idea for Plot?

D

DXPower

I was thinking, and I thought of an idea about what the plot should be... And, what I am thinking of is for Zelda to be an antagonist... Like, from MM, how to mask takes over a person's will, but maybe like a son of Ganon who is controlling Zelda's body, but you never find out until the end of the game, so you believe she's the antagonist and get immersed, and he makes her betray the King and then she gains two pieces from the Triforce (Ganon gave his son the Triforce shard, or maybe he stole it?) so now Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom and Power, and the son is making Zelda wants to kill the Sages because they have something that will bind the Triforce into the third piece, the Courage shard. So Link then has to save the Sages from Ganon's son's wrath who takes form of many different bosses, and once he finds and saves them all, he can possibly reverse the effects of the object meant to bind them, binding them together into his possession, and then banishing Ganon's son to a sealed area. Does this sound like a good idea, or is it just stupid? I, personally, would like to see this plot a reality, what do you guys think?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The hidden villain ploy is far too repetitive for my tastes...it's been in the series for quite a while now.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I like the idea, but maybe instead of it being Zelda maybe it could be like her father or brother or something like that. Something about Zelda acting as the villain doesn't really bode well with me, personally. I've always found Zelda to be a good character and it's weird even thinking she could be evil, even if it is truly someone else.

Salem

SICK
How about making Zelda the ACTUAL villain for once instead of being possessed?

Last edited:
Since they're hinting at SS graphics, maybe they can fill in the gap between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, who is between Demise and Ganon? We know that Ganon is the only male born into the Gerudo thieves tribe, so maybe they can play on that a little more. Also, Impa is featured in SS and Ocarina of Time as well and maybe she can play a larger role in the new Zelda, similiar to the old Impa in the Sacred grounds in SS. Just a thought.

Sheik

:the:
Random idea, but what about...
Not Link. But Link's SON. You see, a few decades ago, Ganon or whoever the heck deemed too powerful for Link to defeat, so he does the wisest thing, flees to another country. And then Link dies, but his son, who I would like to call Bond...
Because.. Link.. Bond..yeah...
And Bond does whatever and saves that other kingdom from whoever new antagonist, with the help of some new allies, of course. And maybe later on in the story Bond discovers more and more about his father Link and his mother... Zelda, I guess. And, uh, yeah. No Ganon or Triforce or Hyrule in this one. Just a fresh new adventure with new characters, mixed with some backstory on old ones.

I dream for a MM Sequel/TP Prequel that ends up explaining the origins of the Hero's Shade in TP. Link is mid-late 30's and has a young son/family on the Lon Lon ranch with Malon, however, there is some big bad evil that comes along which he must take of. But, instead of the usual everyone lives he ends up dying/sacrificing himself/something along those lines.

- I've never been fond of the Link dies in the lost woods trying to find Navi idea mainly because there is no way he could have a descendant if he dies as a child.
- This would easily explain the "regrets" as he was never able to grow up with his children and pass on his skills.
- It would fit very well with the "darker" themes in the same timeline.
- Link in TP is also a rancher so maybe Lon Lon ranch expanded into Ordon Village over the centuries.
- I also think it would be an interesting change of pace to play as an older Link as I doubt he's been much (if at all) older then 20.

Tatltael

Site Staff
I, for one, would like to see the game between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. I think seeing how Hyrule was created, warred over and then unified would be a nice game, especially if we could participate in the war, and maybe actually see Ocarina of Time Link's mother run into the Kokiri Forest.

Other than that, the other plot idea I would really like to see is a sequel to Twilight Princess, since just thinking of the cliff hangers in that game is making me upset/curious.

I do like the prequel to Twilight Princess idea, too. The only problem I'm seeing is the fact that Nintendo leaves big enough gaps in between games that they can essentially leave our questions unanswered and do whatever they want with the next game. I would like to see a game that's a bit darker than Twilight Princess though.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I got an idea.

How about a complete reboot of the series in general. Basic Link, Zelda and Ganondorf with an epic plot.

Salem

SICK
I mean basically just ignore all the Zelda games in general throw away everything, you get what I'm saying? I mean something like the reboot for Tomb Raider.
That still wouldn't change much.

We get reintroduced to each of the important reoccurring every new game.

Last edited:
How about Link has to travel to another dimension or like, through time to save the world from total annihilation?!

Wait...

But no seriously I think they should center a game around the Poe Sisters as villains. Explain each sister's background and how each became a Poe. Plus Poes would look badass in HD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom