• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FSA, FS, and TMC Place in the Timeline?

Why do People Place FSA, FS, and TMC in the timeline?

We all know the FS is a spinoff so usually thats not in the timeline, but FSA is a sequle to FS is it not?

TMC is also a prequle to FS.

Could you not legetly say They all are part of the Hyrule C, a Spinoff that dosnt actually count.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Well... it really depends on what you want to believe in. You can of course put aside the Four Sword-saga completely from the timeline and see it as a spin-off, but it is not impossible to fit in all three games in a normal timeline at all. In fact, many people see it as three installments in the timeline. The perhaps biggest factor is that Ganon appears at the end of FSA, where he claims his weapon he uses in other games, the Trident. But it is fine to exclude them, just as long the theory works.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I think it's absolutely ridiculous to say that certain games don't fit in on a timeline simply because they don't make sense.

That's why I personally believe there is no great timeline, and this is backed up when you have to remove several games from it just for it to make sense.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I wouldn't include them in the storyline.

If so, where would Smash Bros. and Soul Caliber fit into the storyline =P

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to say that certain games don't fit in on a timeline simply because they don't make sense.

That's why I personally believe there is no great timeline, and this is backed up when you have to remove several games from it just for it to make sense.

I never said the games made no sense. I said they are spin-offs, as in not part of the serise as in Non-cannon.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I never said the games made no sense. I said they are spin-offs, as in not part of the serise as in Non-cannon.

You made the assertion that they were spin-offs and not actual games.

They are actual games.

If you find a statement from Nintendo that says "these are not Zelda games", then I'll admit defeat(well, at least for this point)

Yes they are actuall games,
FS is non-cannon.
This is just asking why are MC and FSA Cannon, even though they are a prequal and sequal to FS

I've personally never played FSA, never beat FS, but I always thought that FS was just a way to make the sell of ALttP on GBA better. Make it more fun, if you will. After all, it was really only playable when you were linked with someone. That dosent make it a very accessible game. The main storyline games would have to be completely accessible, and follow the same general single player status as the others. Elsewise, there would be many people who would miss out on a good game just because they were unable to meet the requirements needed to play.

Also, I thought that FSA was a redone, bigger version of FS. I would consider FSA cannon, but not FS. Ganon's presence and story in the game makes it more believable. Althought I greatly disagreed with having to play it using a GBA. That's the reason I never bought it. It seemed more like a "Hey, try this new accessory out!" kinda deal, much like Link's Crossbow Training is for the Wii, advertising the Wii Zapper.

MC is cannon in my view, because there is no real reason for it not to be. It follows the same basic guidelines as all the other Zelda's and can be played by one person using the system itself and no extra add-ons. Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass are both spinoff games, cannon because they were sequels to cannon games. But none the less, they are spinoffs from the mainstream storyline. The Oracle Series were also spinoffs, but were cannon.

You can't really consider some canon and some not though, only FS maybe because of its limited accessibility. Cannon games are chosen by how they connect with a general timeline, and since the Zelda series has a confusing timeline, and one that has never been confirmed but guessed at a lot, no game can actually be considerred "cannon". But, since I believe in a timeline, I consider all of them cannon, other than FS. Oh yea, and those CD-i games.

Last edited:
nice post dark, but I dont agrea about MM and PH being spinoffs, you dont call a sequal to a game that.

Its like saying KHCoM was a spinoff of KH1 and 2. but its actully KH1 1/2..... bad example, but hopfully you get my point.

nice post dark, but I dont agrea about MM and PH being spinoffs, you dont call a sequal to a game that.

Its like saying KHCoM was a spinoff of KH1 and 2. but its actully KH1 1/2..... bad example, but hopfully you get my point.

I get your point completely. But when talking about Hyrule, Princess Zelda herself, and the Triforce, those two games generally can be considered spinoff games. I may have not been clear on what I consider a spinoff game. And really, I guess you could sort of consider PH a mainstream game, rather than a spinoff.

But my point of the games were basically that they do not follow the same pattern of most others. Its like this: The Legend of Zelda series mostly takes place in Hyrule. It revolves, not around Link, but around what is happening in Hyrule first, and what Link does about it secondly. In OoT, Ganondorf has attempted to take over Hyrule, and Zelda meets Link, who agrees to help stop him. The fact that Link takes part in this story is mere coincidence, although it may have been his "destiny", technically he didn't have to do anything about it, and it still would have happend.

Games such as MM and PH happen after the fact that Ganon is gone. They don't really occur as part of what happens in Hyrule, more than what happens First in connection to Link. MM happens because Link went looking for Navi. Yes, Termina may have been destroyed if Link did not go there. And what was happening to Termina would have happend even if Link didn't go, but the story begins with what happend to Link first. It is Link's separate adventure from what is taking place in Hyrule with Zelda and Ganon.

So, considering Tetra, being Zelda, is in PH, I suppose it could be considered mainstream. But at the same time, it is a separate "what happens next" kinda game that dosen't connect with the main "Ganon is taking over" plot, and other than a drawing on a door, has no connection with the Triforce or Ganon himself.

P

Powerbracelet

I think FS/FSA/MC is totally part of the series. First, they are about princess zelda and hyrule kingdom, which can't be said for all of the zelda games. Second, Minish Cap seems to be the origin of Link's green hat. I think Minish Cap actually happens first. Then FS/FSA don't really have a distinguished place in the series, but they happen nonetheless, and after MC. Third, they were so freaking epic.

And canon is basically an intended part of the plot they are trying to give. I think all zelda games are part of it, personally.

Chidori

Mongrel
I wouldn't include them in the storyline.

If so, where would Smash Bros. and Soul Caliber fit into the storyline =P

Nintendo let HAL and Namco let Link make cameo apperances, only Nintendo make the Canon games.

Anyway, about the post. No, I fully 100% disagree completely. Why? Because Spin-Off or not, they are Nintendo developed Zelda games and I'm sure Nintendo want to make all their games fit into one entire Storyline, there is no reason not to either. Nintendo probably wanted to indicate that Link first got his hat in the Minish Cap, if they wanted to do that then oh boy shuttlecock, why not put it in the actual storyline? This is just the way I and most likely most people see it.

But you forget something, Four Swords could fit almost anywhere in the timeline (I'm not a splitter, I believe there is only 1 Line in the Zelda Timeline), who knows, A Link to the Past and Legend of Zelda could be seperated by 1000 years and Four Swords could be in between and Minish Cap might be before Four Swords and after A Link to the Past. This is just an assumption considering the Four Swords also had A Link to the Past and Legend of Zelda is a game we don't know much about due to it's simple storyline of Ganon getting the Triforce etc.

My ideas are really twisted, the Timeline could turn out to be almost anything, I doubt we will ever find out though. The more Zelda Games Nintendo releases, the more confusing the Timeline, I'm sure they're thinking it could probably resolve something but then... Huff, nobody will ever understand for sure. If Nintendo just release an article revealing the actual Timeline then something is bound to not make sense and fans are either just going to ***** about it or start nitpicking. Ah well, that's the beauty of drama and loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom