• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Easily Do You Date?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What I'm asking is if you could be fine with meeting someone and just start dating them, or if it would take a while for you to take that step. For me, it would take a while. I can't imagine myself doing something like hooking up or one night stands, and I wouldn't want to date someone I didn't know well. I would have to get to know them first, and I wouldn't want to do that by dating them. I'd rather get to know them as a friend. I wouldn't date someone who wasn't a friend first. That's just how I am.

What about you guys? How easily do you date?

Fig

The Altruist
I'm on the same boat as you are Azure. For me, I would have to take the time to know the person for quite a bit before I could make a decision, unless I already know them for a long time such as IRL or ZD forums. But all in all, I will have to take a while and spend some time with a person before I can make a decision.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
*laugh* I'f I had any experience I'd tell you!

To date, I've only ever had one person I could consider a girlfriend (who I refer to as such for simplicity's sake), and it just sort of *happened* after some extended discussions...

But yeah I like knowing more about someone before I try and do anything.

octorok74

TETTAC
I prefer to get to know the person. I could never just start dating right away after meeting someone. That is stupid in my opinion.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I would never get into a relationship with someone I just met. I find it extremely annoying when people do. Being someone's girlfriend or boyfriend is starting to lose it's meaning because people just decide to throw themselves around. I think love in general is losing it's meaning. Most people, from what I've seen, normally get into a relationship because they're attracted to them and hope they can get in bed with them. There is no emotional feelings between them other than lust and the relationship just crashes and burns. It's depressing when I eavesdrop on conversations people have on the bus or in class and I hear "You should get with that because she has giant breast" (they say it less innocently) or they talk about their "one night stands". Why must everything be about sex? I remember one night I was talking to someone in the Males vs Females game and I said "I wonder who I'll be with for the rest of my life?" or something like that. I remember her response was something like "That's so sweet. People nowadays are just wondering who they will spend the night with next." and it made me realize how sadly true it was.

I just want to be with someone I love who loves me for me. Looks don't matter to me. I would never get in a relationship with someone for sex, because it's wrong to me and I'm not interested in sex at all. It takes me a few months to even consider getting in a relationship with someone. I'm too afraid of failure so I want to know them and have true feelings for them before I would even think about it. A stupid crush can turn into young love and then if it's meant to be it turns into a deep affection. You have to take the chance to get true deep affection. After those few months when I let those feeling of the stupid crush grow and I actually like them, I let it go at their pace. I don't really care how slow it goes, but I do get bothered when it goes way to fast. I just want them to be comfortable with how fast the relationship goes. It doesn't really matter to me.

I have crushed on people I've barely known before. Two of those times I was pressured into asking them out, then they said no, and my feelings quickly died off. The other times I just forgot about my feelings about them and didn't really care. Those were just obsessions I guess. I feel bad about it because I didn't even like them for them. I was just being picky and shallow because I was only looking for attractive people. I've only really had true feelings for someone once. I care about who they are on the inside, not who they are on the outside. Even their flaws don't bother me; I accept them them. I like them for who they are because they are nearly perfect in my eyes; Nearly because no one can be truly be perfect. For now though, I just have to wait and see what happens, but I hope it turns into deep affection.

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I always prefer to get to know the person over the course of a few months before trying out a relationships with them, and that seems like a reasonable thing to do in my opinion, I have no interest in rushing things and especially have no interest in making the other individual rush stuff either.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could never get into a relationship, things never work out for me, I am worthless, I have never had a girlfriend.

No but really. I'm fairly certain that I could hop right into things with a girl provided we got to know a bit about each other. Small interests and shizzle. But I could never blindly date someone; it's basically like saying "find someone on the street and kiss them" ;p

I don't date easily at all. Not because I'm super picky or anything, but because I suck at basically every form of human interaction. Factoring that out, I don't think things would change all that much, really. I have to be able to connect on some kind of level, meaning I need someone who likes video games, likes music, has a similar sense of humor to mine; those kinds of things.

Terminus said:

I also found that really hilarious for some reason.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I would want to get to know them first before I date them. When I was in middle school I liked a guy, but I barely knew him and even then if he asked me out I would have said no, even though I liked him, because I didn't really know him. So I don' date easily.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Quick!

Dating isn't just what couples do, it's what 2 people do to get to know eachother and decide if they're compatible with one another and work well or not, and just have fun together. And if they're not compatible, it's still a fun thing to do! So sure, if I get asked out on a date then I'll say yeah if I'm single, and the guy's at least semi-dateable. Something might be there and something might not, but it's always worth a shot in life. Can find love in the oddest of places. :P And if you don't find love, might find a really close friend! I'd be happy with either result.

So as long as the guy or girl knows that it's just two friends on a date, and this is not just me saying yes to actually being in a relationship with them, then it's all good.

Also, if it's a free meal, I'm there! ;)

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
me
dating
wow that's a hilarious notion
anyway though really
it'd take me a while, i'm not one to just hook up with someone who just hooks up with people who i just don't know that well.
i'd have to make some serious emotional connections and make sure they understand me and how i work before anything really serious happened.
ahahahahaha

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Eh for me it depends on the person. If I feel INSTANT chemistry I dont mind dating right off the bat. Dude Im seeing right now I met thru a friend. We had dinner at my friends house and played some Magic cards and then chatted. My friend laughed the WHOLE time(she had been trying to hook us up for a while) about how "shy" he was being. AND THE NEXT DAY me and same friend went to go play some D&D and he showed up to play, I was like *YEY*! So this time, same friend is laughing AGAIN, but this time at ME because apparently I was all jittery and blushy because everytime I looked up, dude was looking at me smiling. Soooooo we played, then we went home and I sat in my little apartment and I paced, staring at his FB page thinking about whether I should message him or not.... I did this for like 15 min. I was like what the hell do I have to lose? So I messaged him, he messaged me back and we talked for a few hours. Found out he lived like right across the street from me, found out we grew up in the same part of town, found out that we liked a lot of the same things. We did this in a strange way too. You know how when you know someone for a long time and you start to finish each others sentences? Ya, we were doing that..... I was like Ya I just bought a few new movies and as I was typing that I got Wreck it Ralph and Frankenwenie he typed that he wanted to go buy Frankenwenie.... I was like whoa and he was like whoa..... So then I was like... "You wanna come over and hang out?" He was like sure! So he came over, we talked and talked and talked like all night. Le sigh, weve been together almost 3 months now :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, anytime I date somebody I'm close to, it never works out. I've lost a lot of friendships because of it.

So now, I want the next girl I date to be somebody who I can just walk up to on the street and say hi. As a matter of fact, I met a girl in the mall not a month ago, and we dated 3 times. It was working out great! Unfortunately, we had to separate due to me living so far away.

That said though, it honestly depends on the girl. I've been asked out by several girls from school, none of which I was even the least bit interested in. So, they all got a "no" from me. However, in the case of Taylor (the girl I met at the mall), I instantly felt a connection with her, which is why I said "yes".

There is a huge difference between dating and being in a relationship, and a lot of people don't seem to understand that. I could go out with one of my female friends for a night, just for fun; does not by any means make her my girlfriend. Same is the case with Taylor. Although we dated 3 times, I never once felt inclined to call her my "girlfriend" because I didn't know her well enough, nor were we 100% sure that it would work out. That kind of thing does in fact take time.

In this day and age, a lot of teens will go on one date, and then say they are "in a relationship" just because they dated once. They're the type of people that believe in sex on the first date. I am not one of those people (I used to be, but that's a story for another time...). I believe that you need to go out with somebody several times, and be damn sure that you are completely compatible before "making love". When you're an adult, it's different; but I think teens need to wait until they are absolutely ready. Even then...

I personally have never called somebody "my girlfriend". Like I said before, I've dated several girls, but none of them ever got to that point. True love is something that builds over time, kind of like friendship. It doesn't come the moment somebody asks you out, which a lot of people seem to be unaware of these days.

So, to answer your question, dating can come easy to me. It completely depends on the person, though. Some person can get an instant yes from me, but others will either have to wait or get a solid no.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
It depends. Going on a date with someone doesn't mean a relationship and marriage and kids in my opinion- it's a way of getting to know them. I wouldn't automatically say I went on a date with someone therefore that's my boyfriend. However, I find that relationships tend to form better for me when I know them for a while first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom