• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When you join this site is there some kind if security question?
Something like What colour is Link's tunic? or How many parts are there in the Triforce?. Something easy that a human looking to join here could answer but a spambot wouldn't know? I've seen this on forums before to help reduce the amount of spambots.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Not sure if this has been proposed in the past and don't care to go searching to find out, but what about a Science [and Mathematics] section under General Chitchat? Originally I thought to perhaps include it in the Technology section, Science and Technology. But it's something that would no doubt require a more formal and serious demeanor than most others, and Technology already seems to have enough activity to justify it being a separate section.

The trigger for this idea was that upon wanting to post a section regarding whether or not the universe truly is infinite I couldn't find a section it was suited to. Mature Discussion was the best suited as it was a topic that couldn't afford to fall prey to posts that consist of a single image, or sarcastic one-liners. But in itself it isn't a mature topic. There's similar topics I'd wish to discuss like division by zero and laboratory farmed meat products that aren't informal enough to include in General Discussion, but have no solid place anywhere else.

If this includes vector calculus or quantum physics I'm on board. :)

I personally never really used it much, but it kind of bothers me that our forum calendar is 2 years out-of-date. Could that please be fixed so it can be useful to the people who do use it? Combining its stats with those of the blog calendar might make it a bit more appealing as well.

Snow Queen

I have an idea. How about a Mention System.

With the Mention System, when somebody quotes you or say @Sonic or something, you will get a little notification. Sometimes I post in threads, and people quote me and I never know about it. I see this as a grand idea that could help make this place more active.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I have an idea. How about a Mention System.

With the Mention System, when somebody quotes you or say @Sonic or something, you will get a little notification. Sometimes I post in threads, and people quote me and I never know about it. I see this as a grand idea that could help make this place more active.

That's a really good idea. I rarely look back on old threads so it'd help if someone quoted/replied and wants an answer back. :P

Salem

SICK
That's a really good idea. I rarely look back on old threads so it'd help if someone quoted/replied and wants an answer back. :P
I'm the opposite, I always look at every thread with new posts, a feature like that would really help.

Salem

SICK
You can subscripe to a thread so in that case you always will get notifications when someone replies to the thread. And you won't miss it when they tag you in a post
In my setting, I made so I subscribe to any thread I post in, but this tagging is new to me.

Snow Queen

In my setting, I made so I subscribe to any thread I post in, but this tagging is new to me.
You can subscripe to a thread so in that case you always will get notifications when someone replies to the thread. And you won't miss it when they tag you in a post

Yes, what is this tagging? How does it work? How do you do it?

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
I think, when you subscribe to a thread, new posts should have the option of coming under your notifications.
I don't want constant email barrage, and it is tedious to check.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'd like to suggest a signature rule alteration. The last time I checked, these are the current signature guidelines:

As of recently, several users have had signatures that have far surpassed this limit, and have clearly not been warned about it (otherwise their signatures wouldn't have been this big). I've been warned in the past, even when I've only gone a few pixels over; however, users nowadays have at least surpassed 50px and seem to have received no warnings at all. I believe this is unfair, and to reach a compromise I propose a rule alteration.

I'd recommend that instead of having a 800px wide by 250px tall limit, we have a 800px wide by 300px tall limit. Either that, or moderators need to start handing out warnings and infractions. I'm not going to name any specific users, but clearly many people have been disregarding these rules, and it's been bugging me for quite some time now.

Oh. My. God.

Moderators are clearly not doing their jobs, because I've seen signatures that far surpass the set limit. I don't even have to measure them to know they're over the limit. I'm not sure if it's the fact that there's a lack of moderators around, or that the current mods don't give much of a ****, but this is ridiculous. I will seriously call people out that have signatures that go over the limit if you want examples. I'm still proposing a rule change, but people should still be warned. How do I know they haven't been warned? Because these are ACTIVE USERS with signatures that surpass the limit, that's how I know.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And you are aware that even active users with large signatures who have been warned still refuse to change it? It happens often when people get warned even after a couple of times they still don't listen. The wall of text people use in their siggy is making it exceed the rules. Maybe we should get rid off the wall of text or have a text limit like only 2 lines or 1 line to tone it down a bit

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
An suggestion: not sure if this is possible for the forum staff, but I really like when we get weekly/monthly shoutouts. Like the Post of the Week, or Topic of the Month deal that used to be on the front page. Not only did it generate more forum activity but I feel it pushed us as a whole to be a lot more active and make generally better posts! :D

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Lots of irony is found in that the biggest complainers of the large sigs have a **** ton of text/images under a spoiler's tag. It's like they're saying "We want a huge goddamn signature but don't wish to see others openly have something 1/4 or 1/6 of what we got." Lose the crap under the spoiler tags and I'll take you guys seriously.

As for a suggestion for the site. After seeing most HKs and HNs bully, talk down to, and in some cases harass members on this forum; one HK was even banned twice for trolling me while there are currently HKs and HNs taking shots at not only me but others as well. I feel there needs to be a new justice system associated with them:

If an HK is reported on 3 three times for violations of the forums rules no matter how minute and the mods deem the reports legitamate (Key part there), they should lose their HK/HN status and not be allowed to even be voted back in for at least 6 months (Meaning they may never get it back). This will ensure that they uphold their duty to be "Role Models" instead of the current "I've got some color on my name and that means I can treat you like crap". If they are voted back and removed three times, they are perminantly banned from ever being made an HK/HN.

If you're worried about there eventually being no HKs/HNs or worried that they'll just stop being active out of fear, then that's more than enough to see that you fully concede that there's an issue with the individuals who are voted to that status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom