• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda The Ghost

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I really think discussion about the whole "Zelda is a spirit in this game" should be in a seperate thread, rather than being in topics that aren't even about Princess Zelda.
So then, here we go.
Amazing that a box art could spawn so much theory.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
That is what I noticed too! The drawing of Zelda appeared much lighter in the european box art but I doubt she is a ghost, maybe it just looks like that. Anyway, in the trailer, you can clearly see that Zelda is alive and not a ghost.

It would be stupid for Zelda to be a ghost in a kids game.

That is what I noticed too! The drawing of Zelda appeared much lighter in the european box art but I doubt she is a ghost, maybe it just looks like that. Anyway, in the trailer, you can clearly see that Zelda is alive and not a ghost.

Why would it be stupid? The game is called Spirit Tracks in the USA and Europe (wasn't Casper a ghost too lol? And wasn't that for children as well?)... Zelda faded away sitting on the train could clearly hint that. I mean she's a little to pale for the normal bright coloring scheme used on Link. =S

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Good idea Megamannt125, the other threads were getting a bit cluttered with it lol. Anyway, as I said in the plot theories thread:

Despite the fact the original trailer had Zelda looking pretty solid, other elements have been changed since then (eg the train design), but also I presumed that that footage was for some kind of intro, where she wasn't a ghost, but something could easily happen along the way. After thinking about it, the paled colours are the most likely way nintendo would represent a spirit in the PH/ST game engine- let me explain: On WW both Laruto and Fado (the dead sages) had a kind of transparent-effect on their spirits, but it would probably be pretty hard to replicate this on the DS without bad/unsightly clipping errors etc, so the other way to represent a cell-shaded spirit would be just to pale the colours...

Also I don't she just looks like that (pale), as shown in the trailer she still has her bright yellow-green hair... (unless they've changed that too...) But to add to the Spirit Zelda theory, I noticed that Zelda is entirely outlined in blue, whereas Link has several different colours of outlining. And from where Zelda is sitting (the top of a train!), it's highly plausible that she has something to do with the "Spirit" part of the western name~

...but I don't understand what you're saying, Alex_Da_Great... and Spirit Tracks isn't just a kids game, anyway... but why do you think it would be stupid? Most children (and I note the game has a 7+ rating so far) understand the concept of death, and of ghosts, so it's not like it would be outside their understanding... and PH had ghosts, so what's different about it now? (sorry if I misunderstood you~)

Steve

5/19/13

First of all, why would they make her lighter on the box art for no significant purpose? What we saw in the trailer, first of all, was development, and second of all, that could easily have been the beginning of the game, in which case Zelda may become a ghost later on. Another thing, the train is supposed to be able to travel into a spirit world, in which case, perhaps this is a way for Zelda to communicate to Link while he's there. Why would it be stupid for Zelda to be a ghost? In Twilight Princess she becomes a zombie puppet of Ganondorf, probably the most disturbing thing Ive seen in Zelda.

Oh the train can go into the spirit world? I didn't know that!

Well only one month to go... And yes I do believe the Princess Zelda we've seen in the trailer was for the intro...
I just hope Zelda doesn't turns into stone AGAIN! Zelda being your guide/sidekick would be cool...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
this topic has a lot of possibilities, but i was under the impression that although zelda appears to be a spirit on the box art that doesn't mean she is a spirit. duhhh? by that i mean, yes we see her in the trailer but what if she has the power to act as links spirit guide while he rides the train (via the ToW). while she waits for link in hyrule castle she can also follow him on his adventure in her spirit form, enjoying the train rides and giving link helpful advice.

this would also be the first zelda where zelda actually gets to accompany link on some of his quest. that is if my theory is correct.

i don't believe she will be turned into a ghost or into stone (if she was turned into a ghost why does she look so happy on the box art?) this game but actually play an important sidekick role. if she is turned into a ghost and we have to save her from the spirit world thats ok too but i am tired of saving zelda. at least in oot shiek could look after herself....

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I saw this topic and thought "People are reading too much into this."

I looked at the box art that was posted and, yes, Zelda is pale, but she's pretty solid looking, not tranlucent. I just thought "Zelda has a pale complextion," which in many games I've noticed, she does. She tends to be pale skinned and wear light colors. The blue outlining doesn't look much different to me than Link's greenish brown outlining.

That's not to say that she's not a ghost or some kind of spirit world comminique, maybe she is. That just wasn't my first thought.

I'm not really seeing anything from it. Even if she WAS the "spirit" in Spirit Tracks, kinda seems like a lame idea to me. Really? The princess and the game's namesake somehow dies and is now a ghost that haunts Link's choo-choo? Not the best plot line I've ever heard of to be honest..... but meh, this is the sequel to PH, which was pretty much the worst of them all.

As for Zelda riding on the choo-choo that way, I think it's just more kid friendly-ness. The whole boxart seems to be promoting that "Zelda is for everyone.....even six year olds!" deal, so that's probably all it is. You know, like the book cover for the Little Train that Could? All the animals and things hanging all over it in hazardous ways; this seems like the same thing. It's not realistic, so why not put Zelda on the choo-choo in a way that doesn't even matter because of it?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
xDD Maybe we are reading too far into this, but it's still fun, especially to see how far off the mark our ideas are when it comes out xD

Initially, I didn't jump to this conclusion either, but now it seems a pretty plausible explanation... Anyway, initally all I noticed was that Zelda looked oddly pale compared to the colour scheme around her... I mean, her hair's nearly the same colour as her skin for pete's sake (when usually toon-Zelda's hair is practically bright lime green) I couldn't figure out why. But now I think half the reason she stands out so much is because of her outlining- what I meant was every part of her is outlined in blue- even the gold of her belt! Why not outline it in brown like Link's hair? It's the same colour. Odd.
But I reckon if she is a spirit, then they'd represent that with paled colours instead of transparency, since it would probably cause some clipping errors on the DS... but why not have her transparent in the artwork... maybe for consistency in style, idk. it still looks cool though.

But if Zelda is a spirit, it doesn't necessarily mean she's dead... knowing the series' past logic, there's a whole host of other reasons how and why. And I love children's book logic, when stuff's just flailing around everywhere xDD My mum pointed it was a convenient place to sit her too, but eh. It's fun to still theorize~

Hey come atleast the Zelda community is finally debating on something else =P Let us have fun!

Well the European boxart of Phantom Hourglass showed Linebeck sailing with Link.... How would Spirit Track be different with Princess Zelda. They could have used the Phantom traveling with Link. But no they chose a pale looking Zelda whose even on top of a train.

I say Princess Zelda is a spirit and maybe just maybe travels together with Link. I also believe a lot of people would disagree with me.. Simply cause it's princess Zelda and over the past 20 years =S She has never been Link's sidekick or whatsoever....

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
That's an interesting theory! I always thought Zelda and Link were just taking a joy ride! :lol:

But yeah now that I think about it, it is possible. Zelda's kinda paler (paler than in the trailer) and the game is called Spirit Tracks (the titles have related to the story and other such things since LA or OoT) so it's possible.

Also Alex, ghosts aren't necessarily considered mature. Take Casper and some of Disney's Halloween specials which are for kids. The fact that you said ghosts in a kid's game doesn't make sense doesn't make sense. And also ST isn't justy for kids. Granted Nintendo does for a wider audiance with their toon Zeldas but they aren't for little kids. I've had WW since I was 7 and never got past the FF for like 5 years of having it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Thoughts to some of the responses:

I've seen part of an anime that features a tank possessed by the spirit of a cat...

Ghosts aren't adults only stuff by a longshot. I think we all grew up on ghost stories ranging from the frightening to the humorous/fluffy.

If our dearest Princess Zelda is a spirit in this game, I doubt that she's actually dead. I could see her lying in the castle or a temple somewhere in stasis/a kind of sleep while her spirit travels with Link and points out dangers and stuff in a "fairy-like" manner. :zelda:

Or maybe the spirit is the result of a communications crystal /something like the stone in WW... but instead of just speaking, she comes out as an image ala "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"

Or, as I said, it could just be oddly colored box art and once all you guys with DS units who can afford to get the game or get it as a gift play it, you'll look back on this little speculation and laugh.

Who knows? Speculation is fun.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Thoughts to some of the responses:

I've seen part of an anime that features a tank possessed by the spirit of a cat...

Ghosts aren't adults only stuff by a longshot. I think we all grew up on ghost stories ranging from the frightening to the humorous/fluffy.

If our dearest Princess Zelda is a spirit in this game, I doubt that she's actually dead. I could see her lying in the castle or a temple somewhere in stasis/a kind of sleep while her spirit travels with Link and points out dangers and stuff in a "fairy-like" manner. :zelda:

Or maybe the spirit is the result of a communications crystal /something like the stone in WW... but instead of just speaking, she comes out as an image ala "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"

Or, as I said, it could just be oddly colored box art and once all you guys with DS units who can afford to get the game or get it as a gift play it, you'll look back on this little speculation and laugh.

Who knows? Speculation is fun.

*GASP* I JUST FIGURED SOMETHING OUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I THINK ZELDA IS GOING TO BE IN A STASIS (you know Shadsie explained it) OR POSSIBLY IN A COMA OR SOMETHING AND SHE POSSESSES A SUIT OF ARMOR CREATING THE PHANTOM!!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*GASP* I JUST FIGURED SOMETHING OUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I THINK ZELDA IS GOING TO BE IN A STASIS (you know Shadsie explained it) OR POSSIBLY IN A COMA OR SOMETHING AND SHE POSSESSES A SUIT OF ARMOR CREATING THE PHANTOM!!

Even though I don't have a DS, and don't expect to get the game anytime soon (bad financial situation), .... if that happened, I'd want to play it so badly...

Because THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

It would be so sweet to actually have Zelda as a partner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom