• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi Annoying?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I never thought that navi was annoying. Unlike many people. I thought she was the best sidekick of all time. I mean she actually gave you information on the enemiy you were z targeting. Unlike newer sidekicks like Midna where she doesn't help you at all in battle. And on the point of Midna I never thopught of her as a sidekick but more of just another main character like Link or zelda.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I think that Navi helped many times. One thing that is not clear to me though is if Navi is a fairy then why can't she bring Link back up whenever beaten. To me Navi was one of those characters who did not have a huge role in the game like Midna.

I didnt mind navi much. Actually..... I didnt mind all the side kicks. I guess im just used to it. lol

Zarom

The King
Strangely, I never found Navi annoying. Neither any other sidekicks. They always helped me when I needed to. I always found that Navi was really cool. :cool:

But I think Tatl is already better than Navi. Navi had no personnality at all. While Tatl and Tael already had much more. But Midna is the best sidekick ever.

:fairy: Navi
:fairy: Tatl
:fairy: Tael

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
I think the entire reason Navi has an annoying quality is mostly just from the perspective of veterans of the game. Personally, I thought Navi was an immensely helpful addition to the game the first time I went through, but then I did again and again, and there's a certain breaking point where you're going through your fifth time or so and you still haven't quite got it to where you can do the timed quests to get the Biggoron's Sword on the first try so you're getting all stressed out, and then Navi keeps saying, "Hey, Listen!" and you keep swearing and shouting "NAVI, SHUT UP, I'LL GO TO THE FOREST LATER!!"

After a while, I guess I didn't mind her as much anymore because I can now go through the game with pretty much all the side quests in just a lazy Saturday afternoon. Including the stupid timed quests which were an immense pain in the *** the first several time you did them, and things such as the Ice Cavern, which are annoying every time you play through the game.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
You know i liked tatl a lot. it is definitely my second favorite sidekick. Nut the game that pulled me in was Ocarina of Time so I ve always liked Navi better.

L

Lorddeku92

I never really gave Navi a thought. I think she's just one of those things a lot of people "love to hate". I mean she only really FORCES you to listen to her in the very begining of the game and if your bothered by her nagging either mute your TV or just listen to her like ONE box of dialouge... it really isn't that bad... but different people have different annoyances. for me though, she was pretty easy to ignore and i was sure glad she was available my first time playing... I also kinda missed her in Majora's Mask.... i don't know who else is with me on that, but I just think instead of introducing a TOTALLY new character who does pretty much the same thing, Navi could've EASILY been reused.

Aki Graham

Secret Finder
I found it was pretty humorous when, traveling to the future Kokiri Forest, she says "HEY! Maybe you should go to the Fairy on top of Death Mountain. Yet, it was Navi that made the first dungeon unbearable. The number of times she told me how to do things I already knew, forced me to shove my controller into my screen. <:D

ojeez. The mere mention of Navi makes me want to cry. I'm replaying OoT right now and when I was going through the first three dungeons, I had a dream that was nothing but HEY! LISTEN! HEY! WATCH OUT! HEY! HELLO!

Tatl on the other hand has that pretty little tinkling sound that I'm fond of.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Navi Annoying? To people who hates being interrupted in an important moment or people who get sick and tired of her saying Hello!! Listen!! Look!! then yes.

To me No, I like her because she is sweet, she provides information about the enemies you kill and i get to play it over and over near a Friend(my best friend who HATES navi a lot. I tortured him by recording Navi's Voice and played in near his ear. He was strapped to a chair. I did that as payback for leaving me alone to face a old Bully.) as torture!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom