• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Beetle or Boomerang?

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Ok, so this has been on my mind for a while. Do you think the Beetle will replace the Boomerang? It might just be an SS thing, but I wouldn't mind if that was the case. Which one do you like better? Do you think the Beetle could possibly be an upgrade of the Boomerang?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I believe the Beetle is an improvement of the Boomerang, therefore it should be used in the Boomerang's place; however, I feel as if it was truly a one time thing. One could argue that the Boomerang is a staple to the series, but that's not necessarily concrete reasoning on why it shouldn't be replaced. The Beetle could preform functions that the Boomerang never could (i.e. picking up Bombs and dropping them on enemies). Even if that's so, we need to take into account that the Beetle is an ancient mechanism crafted by the Ancient Robots, and wouldn't necessarily be used in a more modern Zelda game.

I really prefer the Beetle over the Boomerang, but logically speaking, the latter is more likely to be used than the former. Also, no, I don't believe that the Beetle could potentially be a upgrade to the Boomerang.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Beetle could preform functions that the Boomerang never could (i.e. picking up Bombs and dropping them on enemies).

[video=youtube;qdDKRZn3Y44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdDKRZn3Y44[/video]

lel

Salem

SICK
I believe the Beetle is an improvement of the Boomerang, therefore it should be used in the Boomerang's place; however

The Beetle could preform functions that the Boomerang never could (i.e. picking up Bombs and dropping them on enemies).
The boomerang is faster it's generally supposed to be used to stun enemies rather than puzzle solving even though it was used for than on a few dungeons, although in general, I don't think it was used to it's full potential in the 3d Zelda games(specially TP)

I'm not convinced on the reasoning that we can't have both. Each of them has a different purpose, even if some overlap.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
The boomerang can multi-target enemies starting from WW. Also it's simply quicker to use.

True, but the Beetle can explore areas that the Boomerang would never be able to. Taking into account the amount of upgrades the Beetle can take, it proves itself to be even quicker than the Boomerang. Additionally the Beetle can move in all directions, whereas the Boomerang is only limited to every direction except up and down.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Definitely the boomerang.

I guess I didn't mind the Beetle, but it was a purely a puzzle-solving, platforming, and railroading item. You used it for hitting switches that were far away and picking stuff up, and the like. The boomerang* did the same thing, but was much faster, more versatile, and was used in fighting as well, which all together in my mind makes it infinitely better than the beetle.

*calibration issues not included

Salem

SICK
True, but the Beetle can explore areas that the Boomerang would never be able to. Taking into account the amount of upgrades the Beetle can take, it proves itself to be even quicker than the Boomerang. Additionally the Beetle can move in all directions, whereas the Boomerang is only limited to every direction except up and down.
Yeah, but this is exactly my point, both of them serve a purpose and both have to be included in the same future Zelda game or whatever.

masterSword2

Smile!
I prefer the boomerang because of it's combat functionality. The beetle was great for puzzles and such, I just enjoy using a boomerang more. Plus, I'd hate to see them get rid of it after all this time. I don't think the boomerang has become a tired concept yet, and until it does they should keep using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom